What did you do to your Home/Property today? - Page 726 - Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum
General Discussion General Diesel Discussion.

4646Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #7251 of 8128 (permalink) Old 04-09-2019, 12:59 PM
DuramaxForum Veteran

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by lutzjk913 View Post
Wait. You all have google?!?!? LOL

So do you guys not use them?

Check out Home Depot. I have a kinetico brand. There is also Hague. Those are the big ones around here.
Yeah Joe, I reckon we got it around the same time we got YouTube 😂

Nah we don't need anything like that, we don't have a lot of limestone etc in the ground, we're all bluestone or volcanic rock so I assume that's why we don't need it.

RHD 2013 2500HD Silverado WT Regular Cab
Deleted, FASS 150, Moonshine by Tony, Ally Tray, 20in Dicks, All Terrains, LEDs, Lowered and pissing off local drivers daily due to my size
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #7252 of 8128 (permalink) Old 04-09-2019, 04:11 PM
DuramaxForum Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by harnold View Post
Postie is putting is putting the red flag up when he puts mail in, I know it's not the correct use but it's good for me I only stop now when the flags up 👍
I tried to get my carrier to do that once. She was the wife of a guy I worked with and I thought she would be willing to do a little something extra. You'd think I was asking for her virtue or something. It never happened.

The postal people around here act like they are doing you a favor by even talking to you.
post #7253 of 8128 (permalink) Old 04-09-2019, 04:19 PM
LHN...We ARE the Joneses

Send a message via Yahoo to Hook'em_Horns! Send a message via Skype™ to Hook'em_Horns!
Just finished unloading a trailer load of the rich black secret gold for the garden dressing....compost tea every time it rains.
mray and harnold like this.

2007 LBZ 3500 LT3 DRW Crew Cab, Sulastics, Putnam XDR 15K, B&W 30K-Turnover GN+Companion, Ride-Rite Air...EFI'd by Rob
2008 LMM 3500WT DRW Crew Cab, 8 'Flat/GN, Workforce Alum Toolbox, Ride-Rite Air

Use-ta Haves 2006-6.0 3500 WT DRW ExCab Flatbed, 2005-LLY 3500 LS DRW Crew Cab, 2002-LB7 3500 LS DRW Crew Cab
I Live my life in such a way that when my feet hit the floor in the morning...Satan shudders & says "Oh shit, he's awake!"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #7254 of 8128 (permalink) Old 04-09-2019, 05:07 PM
DuramaxForum Veteran

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by mizterwizard View Post
I tried to get my carrier to do that once. She was the wife of a guy I worked with and I thought she would be willing to do a little something extra. You'd think I was asking for her virtue or something. It never happened.

The postal people around here act like they are doing you a favor by even talking to you.
They actually wrote me a note asking if I could make the letterboxes higher because I built up the driveway they couldn't reach them from their car.
Maybe that's why they are helping me because I helped them?
mizterwizard likes this.

Deleted, FASS 150, Moonshine by Tony, Ally Tray, 20in Dicks, All Terrains, LEDs, Lowered and pissing off local drivers daily due to my size
post #7255 of 8128 (permalink) Old 04-09-2019, 05:14 PM

I cant remember what brand our softener is but we rent ours through a local company. I believe it’s $25/3 months and If we have an issue we call and they’re usually out the next day.

16í C.C. LT. Since buying it tinted the windows, full floor Weather Techs, factory clone side steps, Boost tow mirrors, and cranked the front end up a little to clear 275/75r17s. Thatís all sheís getting for now, got too much warranty left to delete it...yet.
post #7256 of 8128 (permalink) Old 04-09-2019, 05:37 PM
DuramaxForum Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lutzjk913 View Post
Interesting.

Iíll keep a eye on it closer for the next few months.
I noticed the water level was higher than normal once the salt level got down. I have an overflow tube going out the back that the brine water would drain out of.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 72blazer View Post
Water Softener was recommended to me a few pages back. Anyone else have any other suggestions for the DIYer, ie the cheap bastard that doesnít want to pay $6k for a culligan setup.
Look into a Water Boss. Mine is pushing 20 years old and just now needed a little TLC. Both families that lived there before me were families of 5. They are in the $400 - $500 range and easy to install if you have any DIY capabilities. They are made here in Ohio, practically in Joe's backyard.
72blazer likes this.

~Tony~

2006 Chevy 2500HD CCLB LBZ - 6" RCX - XD Hoss - MBRP downpipe and exhaust w/ muffler - EFI Live DSP5 - Blocked - Cobra 29NWSTWX - Wilson 5000 - Custom fab headache rack - Custom Traction bars - Braced - Sleeved - [email protected]
post #7257 of 8128 (permalink) Old 04-09-2019, 06:20 PM
DuramaxForum Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by drranch View Post
I noticed the water level was higher than normal once the salt level got down. I have an overflow tube going out the back that the brine water would drain out of.

Look into a Water Boss. Mine is pushing 20 years old and just now needed a little TLC. Both families that lived there before me were families of 5. They are in the $400 - $500 range and easy to install if you have any DIY capabilities. They are made here in Ohio, practically in Joe's backyard.
Itís a knock off hague softener.

I drive by them daily on my way to work and on the way home. Lol

Joe
2008 CCLB LMM
13.39 @ 99.44 W/ 1.76 60í
456 HP 925 TQ

2003 RCLB LB7 stock but not for long
The life of my truck
Pics of my truck
post #7258 of 8128 (permalink) Old 04-10-2019, 09:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by harnold View Post
They actually wrote me a note asking if I could make the letterboxes higher because I built up the driveway they couldn't reach them from their car.
Maybe that's why they are helping me because I helped them?
I put in this mailbox a few years ago. It is made of cast aluminum and you can add sections on the post to raise it higher. My mail carrier drives a jeep which sits higher than a car so I added a section or two to raise it up higher. I think the USPS here has standards at what height it should be. I know they kept complaining about our old mailbox being too low.

It wasn't cheap by any means. Seems like it was something like $500 or less. The base has set screws as does the sections. The base is attached to a piece that I put into a bucket of concrete. I then buried the bucket at the ground level and packed gravel around it. If I need to ever move it all I need to do is unscrew the set screws on the base and lift the bucket out and move it.
Attached Images

Last edited by Cameo; 04-10-2019 at 10:00 AM.
post #7259 of 8128 (permalink) Old 04-10-2019, 10:09 AM

Looks like I'll be clearing more room in the shop building again. I couldn't pass on this '89 Cadillac Fleetwood d'Elegance mafia car. The original owner was a bookee. The trunk looks clean. I just about got my hands on a '84 with e red velour interior. The owner decided to give it to relative. I only sell to relatives. LOL
Attached Images

TerryRH likes this.
post #7260 of 8128 (permalink) Old 04-10-2019, 01:01 PM
DuramaxForum Veteran

Garage
Does the trunk smell like bleach if it was a mafia car?

This is the mail boxes now
Just need to clean up the mess
Attached Images

M.A.M., dmaxuser and TerryRH like this.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode