What did you do to your Home/Property today? - Page 780 - Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum
General Discussion General Diesel Discussion.

4646Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #7791 of 8128 (permalink) Old 06-13-2019, 09:28 AM
Duramax Lifetime Supporter

Sorry to hear about your house Brock.

Have been in the rental business for years.

Secret to having tenants that don't destroy your property are prior to the rental;
background checks, references, and a deposit large enough to discourage the damage.

It is pretty interesting to see how quickly some would be renters disappear once references are asked for along with permission to do a background check.
lutzjk913 likes this.

09 GMC SLT Dually
Steel Gray Metallic
All options except sunroof

Mods so far:

Alcoa 19.5s with Michelin XZE, Centramatics,Tow Mirrors, Chrome Grill Overlay, Rear underseat storage, Mudflaps all corners, 20% Window tint, 6" Oval Steps, B&W Turnover Hitch, B&W Companion Hitch, Sulastics, GM Campaign #PIT3009J, Wireless Console Charging, Bilstein 5100s, Raptor 3602RL
DF DRW Club Member #161
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #7792 of 8128 (permalink) Old 06-13-2019, 10:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minerigger View Post
Yea it’s for sale, I’ll never rent another home. People don’t care if it’s not theirs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Anymore you have to do it much like a leased vehicle with all the charges you can get hit on if you don't follow the lease agreement. Banks have been doing this for quite some time making the leases more stringent. Collecting damage fees imposed would be another story for renters.
post #7793 of 8128 (permalink) Old 06-13-2019, 10:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minerigger View Post
Oooo frac acid could be fun...good thinkin and we have access to it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I have a Cadillac trunk. Name the pick up and drop off places.
Minerigger and harnold like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #7794 of 8128 (permalink) Old 06-13-2019, 10:23 AM

MIL has her places up for sale but the problem is #1 there’s a whole lot of trashy people in our area, #2 anybody that would buy it KNOWS that all they’d be renting to is trash and they’d have the same headache as MIL. My Father In Law bought the property before he passed away with the intention of it being easy income for MIL after he was gone. His heart was in the right place but in our area of the world rental property just isn’t worth it.

16’ C.C. LT. Since buying it tinted the windows, full floor Weather Techs, factory clone side steps, Boost tow mirrors, and cranked the front end up a little to clear 275/75r17s. That’s all she’s getting for now, got too much warranty left to delete it...yet.
post #7795 of 8128 (permalink) Old 06-13-2019, 10:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cameo View Post
I have a Cadillac trunk. Name the pick up and drop off places.
Bahaha hell some of the cars you’ve posted on here have probably had a body in the trunk at some point

16’ C.C. LT. Since buying it tinted the windows, full floor Weather Techs, factory clone side steps, Boost tow mirrors, and cranked the front end up a little to clear 275/75r17s. That’s all she’s getting for now, got too much warranty left to delete it...yet.

Last edited by Ineedabiggertrailer16; 06-13-2019 at 10:30 AM.
post #7796 of 8128 (permalink) Old 06-13-2019, 12:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ineedabiggertrailer16 View Post
Bahaha hell some of the cars you’ve posted on here have probably had a body in the trunk at some point
I crawled into the trunk the other day to try to find the lock wrench for the wire hubcaps. Plenty of room in there. Enough where I could lay down and sleep.

The bad and funny thing and I ran into this with the '84 Seville when I changed the trunk lid support pistons. If the lid falls the automatic trunk lid pull down mechanism takes hold and you are locked inside. I think only Cadillac offered that feature. There is no inside trunk release on these older cars. That's why maybe the mafia liked them. LOL The '84 Seville and Eldorado I have both trunks have nice carpet too. You won't find that anymore.

The Eldo when it arrived I phoned the previous owner and asked him what did he want me to do with the body in the trunk. He just laughed.

Tom Cruise mentions that Caddy's have the most trunk room in the movie "American Made". He tries to buy off the police with a Cadillac offer.
post #7797 of 8128 (permalink) Old 06-13-2019, 12:20 PM

Quote:
MIL has her places up for sale but the problem is #1 there’s a whole lot of trashy people in our area, #2 anybody that would buy it KNOWS that all they’d be renting to is trash and they’d have the same headache as MIL. My Father In Law bought the property before he passed away with the intention of it being easy income for MIL after he was gone. His heart was in the right place but in our area of the world rental property just isn’t worth it.
Ah Kentucky where the neighbor to my mother's property tried to create a gated community by putting a gate across the access road. I was like what the hell kind of idiot would try to do that and then sued to keep it up. Which of course he lost. The bad part was we couldn't make him pay for my mother's lawyer fees.

Trust me my father's side of the family is from KY and I know what you mean. A few I don't even want to be associated with.

Since I am the pleanary guardian for my mother I contacted several realtors about selling the property. Funny thing I give them the location and I never heard a word back. I don't know what is going on there. Maybe the jerk neighbor threatened them. We call him the tree hugger. He'll shit a brick when the logging trucks come blasting threw on that road if I decide to sell the timber.
post #7798 of 8128 (permalink) Old 06-13-2019, 12:23 PM
DuramaxForum Enthusiast

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cameo View Post
I crawled into the trunk the other day to try to find the lock wrench for the wire hubcaps. Plenty of room in there. Enough where I could lay down and sleep.

The bad and funny thing and I ran into this with the '84 Seville when I changed the trunk lid support pistons. If the lid falls the automatic trunk lid pull down mechanism takes hold and you are locked inside. I think only Cadillac offered that feature. There is no inside trunk release on these older cars. That's why maybe the mafia liked them. LOL The '84 Seville and Eldorado I have both trunks have nice carpet too. You won't find that anymore.

The Eldo when it arrived I phoned the previous owner and asked him what did he want me to do with the body in the trunk. He just laughed.

Tom Cruise mentions that Caddy's have the most trunk room in the movie "American Made". He tries to buy off the police with a Cadillac offer.
Late 80's early 90's Buicks had that trunk pull down thing too. I remember it as a kid shoving all kinds of crap in there on car trips and then trying to get the lid to close and then that thing pulling it down even further. lol

Ryan

2006 GMC Sierra 3500 SLT CCLB 4x4

Mods: EGR block, EFI LIVE by Rob (DSP5), Edge Insight CTS2 w/ backup cam and EGT probe, Pacer 07.5+ smoked cab lights, M-A Pump rub fix, TransGo Jr w/ Mike L springs, Russell stainless brake lines.

My Build Thread
post #7799 of 8128 (permalink) Old 06-13-2019, 02:50 PM
DuramaxForum Veteran

Garage
Quote:
My MIL owns two rental places, more headache than they’re worth. She’s spends more fixing them back up after evicting people than she’s ever made on rent.
Yeah I see it all too often we go and renovate one for someone and it's trashed because the property agent moves in a group of young people.
It's probably not so bad if your not attached to the place but it definitely makes it worse when you've slaved your guts out building something and someone just trashes it.
It's only good if property values appreciate and your making money there but you have to hold them for a long time and if it's anything like here when you sell it the tax man has his hand out

RHD 2013 2500HD Silverado WT Regular Cab
Deleted, FASS 150, Moonshine by Tony, Ally Tray, 20in Dicks, All Terrains, LEDs, Lowered and pissing off local drivers daily due to my size
post #7800 of 8128 (permalink) Old 06-13-2019, 05:35 PM
DuramaxForum Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyD View Post
Sorry to hear about your house Brock.

Have been in the rental business for years.

Secret to having tenants that don't destroy your property are prior to the rental;
background checks, references, and a deposit large enough to discourage the damage.

It is pretty interesting to see how quickly some would be renters disappear once references are asked for along with permission to do a background check.
My buddy Tyler has a few himself and this is exactly what he does. He has minimal issues with any of the houses also.
JimmyD likes this.

Joe
2008 CCLB LMM
13.39 @ 99.44 W/ 1.76 60’
456 HP 925 TQ

2003 RCLB LB7 stock but not for long
The life of my truck
Pics of my truck
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode