BFG KO2 or Mich LTX AT2 - Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum
General Discussion General Diesel Discussion.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-02-2015, 05:13 PM Thread Starter
Duramax Lifetime Supporter

Garage
BFG KO2 or Mich LTX AT2

70% highway
30% city

20% off road (mud, snow and ice)
80% on road (highway, dirt and gravel)

50% loaded trailer
50% not towing

50% loaded bed
50% unloaded empty

50,000 miles annually driven

-KO2 discount tire 979.00 (250 off) with warranty
-Mich LTX AT2 990.00 with warranty

Please thoughts on this!!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

2019 Cummins 3500 Megacab High Output
Patriot Bus
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-02-2015, 06:00 PM

bfg

great friends and Jags pro truck shop
used to have, lb7, lly, lbz, lmm, lml
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-02-2015, 06:02 PM

Well I have owned both tires but not on the same truck.

I had the BFGs on my 3/4 ton and the Michelin's are on my dually. I would say that my driving habits are nearly identical to yours except for the loaded bed. I rarely have weight in the bed. I typically haul trailers bumper and gn.

The traction on the BFGs in poor conditions were nothing short of awesome. They had good manners on road. They were quick to come out of balance and I did get them rebalanced a few times. They felt nice hauling my trailer but I know the tread life suffered on them because I ran them at close to their max psi. They didnt seem to wear evenly either, the rear tires wore much faster than the fronts. It only took about 12k to have them down to 6/32nd. And they pick up and throw a lot of rocks.

The Michelin's on the dually have been good as well. However, I have yet to have them in snow or ice. They are super smooth on the highway and while hauling. They don't have a single bit of vibration. They haul nice and feel very stable. They start with a hell of a lot of tread, I think 17/32nds. I am down to 14/32nds in about 5k and they are wearing nice and even. The only bad experience I had with them is that with the trailer hooked on some fairly wet ground they dug pretty good ruts. But I pulled the trailer right out in 4wd.

Overall, if I had the SRW truck still I would have the BFGs and I think for the dually moving forward the Michelin's are my choice unless the snow/ice traction is really poor.

Sold - '03 ECSB Silverado 2500HD - LB7
Sold - '06 CCLB Silverado 3500 - LBZ

2015.5 Chevrolet Silverado 3500 - High Country
EFILive by MotorOps
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-02-2015, 06:10 PM Thread Starter

Garage
^--- great write up thank you

Patriot Bus
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-02-2015, 06:16 PM

I have the Michelin and I don't care for them. Regular rotates 21000 and they won't make winter. I dislike them bad enuf you couldn't give me a free set
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-02-2015, 07:23 PM

I just put on the bfg .Totally quiet on the highway. Did fish stocking for Colorado fish and game last week in the high country. Was on a real nasty forest service road which I had wished that I had taken the scout instead of the dmax. Tires were great in the mud, loose gravel and some nasty rocks on a very narrow very steep road. It wont be too much longer for a snow report here, but I am confident that they will perform. Totally satisfied so far.

2014 3500 4WD Stock
1976 Scout II
2012 Tahoe
2009 Jeep Wrangler
Northstar 850SC truck camper
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-02-2015, 07:33 PM Thread Starter

Garage
captainlee you have some great points. With the summer coming to a close the pavement is cooling down. Should extend the life of the tires.

Patriot Bus
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-04-2015, 10:31 AM
DuramaxForum Guru

The Michelin A/T2s I had did very well in the snow/ice/mud when I lived in Colorado. Tread life was good as well.

IDK how much better the BFG A/T2 are vs the original BFG A/T, but the original BFG A/Ts I had were crap. Tread life went fast, mud/snow traction wasnt good, & I always had a hard time getting them balanced.

2009 GMC Sierra 2500HD SLE CC/SB 4x4 LMM
EFI Live, Edge Insight CTS, Flo~Pro 4" DP back exhaust w/ muffler & stock trumpet tip, Turbo resonator delete plug, Alum. bleeder screw, WIF sensor delete plug, Fumoto oil drain valve, Pacer LED cab lights, GM dually light bar under tailgate, Footwell lights, Cobra 29 WXNWST CB radio, Wilson 2000 CB antenna, Kenwood speakers, GM chrome oval running boards, Bilstein 5100s, Michelin Defender M/S on PY0 wheels, Rubber mud flaps, Curt class IV hitch
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in