Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

3500 LB SRW Club

29K views 174 replies 34 participants last post by  Doverarjim 
#1 · (Edited)
See less See more
#92 ·
Well I got the leaf and h4 26k tags so I'm good, but I'll just be a fan since I'm starting to feel like the youngest sibling who gets left out of all the big boy stuff.. Cuz I'm too small!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

#93 ·
I've decided I'd like to be recognized as 1F in this group and thanks in advance...hurry though my self esteem is plummeting

#94 ·
You could always remove your 2500hd emblems then go to the dealer and buy 2 3500 HD emblems and put them on. :surprise:
Then snap a picture and include it on this thread and ask to join the 3500 SRW club.
;angel

Reactions: novaman64
#95 ·
Yeah but Jimmy and Rob know the truth

#98 ·
Aww for the love of God [emoji38]

#99 ·
Are not the brake pads one size larger on the 3500 as compared to the 2500 as well or is that just the dually?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

#117 ·
Btw thanks jimmy love you guys I'm a big boy now

#129 ·
2015 3500HD SRW Duramax as a Camper Hauler

I'll join in. I got my 2015 3500HD LTZ to replace my 2003 2500HD so I could safely haul my 4000# + camper. I considered dual wheels, but they basically wouldn't fit in my garage when the camper was off. Glad I went with SRW because it handles the camper well with a couple of slight suspension mods. I am a member of a camper list, and most of them use Ford and Dodge duallies, and bitch all the time about handling and rear end sag with campers lighter than mine. Seems like whenever I pass a camper on the highway, it's on a Ford or a Dodge and the driver has the steering wheel in a death grip. And I take my camper off the road all the time which makes most of the dually guys shutter. I get 11-13 MPG with the camper on and my record (mostly highway) run for 50 miles was 28.1 without the camper. Our 13,000 mile road trip to Alaska from Washington State, then to Indiana and back to WA last summer was eventless and there was plenty of luxurious space for 2 adults, one grandkid, and 2 - 50# dogs. Yay Chevy! Yay Duramax!

2015 Chevrolet 3500HD SRW LTZ Z71 Duramax Allison Crew Cab Silverado,
TorkLift frame mounts, HappyJack Quick release tie downs, 7 pin plug in the box, TorkLift StableLoad uppers and lowers, front 2" receiver and tool box, 2" torsion bar lift in the front, 1" lift block in the back, Vision 19.5" rims, 245/70/19.5 14 ply equivalent Cooper Roadmaster RM253 tires.

Attachments

#130 ·
I'll join in. I got my 2015 3500HD LTZ to replace my 2003 2500HD so I could safely haul my 4000# + camper. I considered dual wheels, but they basically wouldn't fit in my garage when the camper was off. Glad I went with SRW because it handles the camper well with a couple of slight suspension mods. I am a member of a camper list, and most of them use Ford and Dodge duallies, and bitch all the time about handling and rear end sag with campers lighter than mine. Seems like whenever I pass a camper on the highway, it's on a Ford or a Dodge and the driver has the steering wheel in a death grip. And I take my camper off the road all the time which makes most of the dually guys shutter. I get 11-13 MPG with the camper on and my record (mostly highway) run for 50 miles was 28.1 without the camper. Our 13,000 mile road trip to Alaska from Washington State, then to Indiana and back to WA last summer was eventless and there was plenty of luxurious space for 2 adults, one grandkid, and 2 - 50# dogs. Yay Chevy! Yay Duramax!

2015 Chevrolet 3500HD SRW LTZ Z71 Duramax Allison Crew Cab Silverado,
TorkLift frame mounts, HappyJack Quick release tie downs, 7 pin plug in the box, TorkLift StableLoad uppers and lowers, front 2" receiver and tool box, 2" torsion bar lift in the front, 1" lift block in the back, Vision 19.5" rims, 245/70/19.5 14 ply equivalent Cooper Roadmaster RM253 tires.
Very cool! In #18.

So did you do airbags and rear sway bar? Nice setup, looks liek some beautiful country. A few years back some friends rode their motorcycles from Northern California to Prodhoe Bay, AK... One heck of a trip.

#132 ·
Bob, are your wheels custom painted? I've been looking at wheels and like the look of those, but only see machined and matte black on their website.

#134 ·
Yeah, those look nice :) Just found them on the website -- I was looking at the 16" size. They have the gunmetal option under 19.5". :thumb

Welcome to the forum and the club!

#145 ·
But the hybrid 1 ton to use today that's 2550lbs
Pickup truck Vehicle Natural environment Car Transport

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#148 ·
Here is my 2007.5 lmm

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.