Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

What did you do to your Sierra/Silvy today?

5M views 48K replies 2K participants last post by  HipPopPottedMouse 
#1 ·
Don't know if this was ever posted. Very simple. Just tell us what you did to ur truck/van today.

Fixed the pass front brake line that I can only imagine how long it had been kinked when I found it. Spliced in a new piece that I borrowed(hehe) from the wife's uncle.

See less See more
#40,181 ·
Just out of curiosity, my front end is "chattering" when I hit bumps at low speeds etc. Is this a symptom of needing to grease things up? It's def been awhile since I've done that. Prob 40k miles or so.
Reminder to self, don't buy West1234's truck. :surprise:

Reactions: WisconsinMAX
#40,183 ·
Like the wheel bearing is shot and the assembly needs replacing?
Yes exactly. Comes as a whole assembly, pretty easy job. Pull old one off, put new one on (after inspecting cv axle, brakes, tie-rods, etc.)
I forgot to mention to jack up the wheel and tire and grab it with both hands at top and bottom (12 and 6 o'clock) and see if you can move it, wiggle it, shake it. If there's play, then you need to replace that hub/wheel bearing assembly.

#40,184 ·
Installed 5" Flo Pro Downpipe Back Exhaust
Installed Airdog 4G 165GPH lift Pump
Removed DEF tank & Filler Tube
PCV Reroute
EGR Blocker Plates
PPEI DSP5
LED Headlamps, Hi Beams, Fog, and Reverse Lights
Billet Resonator Plug

Now to drink beer...well, more beer

#40,185 ·
Installed 5" Flo Pro Downpipe Back Exhaust
Installed Airdog 4G 165GPH lift Pump
Removed DEF tank & Filler Tube
PCV Reroute
EGR Blocker Plates
PPEI DSP5
LED Headlamps, Hi Beams, Fog, and Reverse Lights
Billet Resonator Plug

Now to drink beer...well, more beer
Welcome to the "Twilight Delete Zone":drink[1]:

#40,187 ·
Rear diff fluid, smelled and looked better than expected. I thought the magnet was glued on....turns out it was all metal.

Also did some deliveries, one to Emerald Coast Harley Davidson.

#40,188 ·
Jr got new tires on his '05 1500. 2wd with a recent 3 inch lift. About the same height as a 4wd now.

Cooper Discoverer AT3, 275/70-18. A touch over 33" tall. Air dam will need a little trimming. They are an LT tire and weigh about 54 lbs vs 44 lbs. I guess it is time to install the 3.73 gears that are in storage. The 3.23 gears in it were a bit tall with the stock 30.5 inch tires.

Attachments

#40,189 ·
Swapped out the passenger side CV (boot cracked and was throwing grease everywhere). Finally swapped out the rear shocks for correct length Fox 2.0 reservoir shocks.

#40,190 ·
Jr got new tires on his '05 1500. 2wd with a recent 3 inch lift. About the same height as a 4wd now.

Cooper Discoverer AT3, 275/70-18. A touch over 33" tall. Air dam will need a little trimming. They are an LT tire and weigh about 54 lbs vs 44 lbs. I guess it is time to install the 3.73 gears that are in storage. The 3.23 gears in it were a bit tall with the stock 30.5 inch tires.
Take a close look on the driver side with the wheel turned all the way left. The e-cable and some plastic may come in contact with the tire too. :)

#40,191 ·
^
Thanks Oilcan.

He was just concerned with getting them on there, not any potential damage that may occur. Typical 21 year old. I don't think he works today, so we will get some trimming done. I have a new 4 1/2" cordless Milwaukee grinder and some cut off wheels. They may get put to use today.:grin2:

#40,192 ·
Anybody got the hookup on the LML hydroboost units? Or know of the best place to buy one? Opinions on the Cardone units that are half the price? Its about time to replace my leaky unit and high pressure PS hose.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

#40,193 ·
Had a drip of fluid on the diff so I re-tightened all the bolts. Looser than expected!

I've got a pretty good rattle sound from the drivetrain, I think it's the transfer case chain. Different than the torque converter shudder.

Not sure what a bad flex plate sounds like?

#40,194 ·
Reman same price as new LML booster...not half the price.
$200-ish, 20940394

Use to be, Rock had the best price, but they went from 'not in stock' to 'no longer listed'.
Seen other sources state 'ships on 36 days'.

Must be a shortage out there.

#40,195 · (Edited)
Put the new wheel setup on and then spent a few hours trimming. Turned out decent, just wish I could go lower

Attachments