Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

What did you do to your Sierra/Silvy today?

5M views 48K replies 2K participants last post by  HipPopPottedMouse 
#1 ·
Don't know if this was ever posted. Very simple. Just tell us what you did to ur truck/van today.

Fixed the pass front brake line that I can only imagine how long it had been kinked when I found it. Spliced in a new piece that I borrowed(hehe) from the wife's uncle.

See less See more
#43,401 ·
Found a new Diesel shop here in CenTx. :howdy

#43,402 ·
Yesterday my truck gave the 9xx miles of Def left message....

Happy to say after tonight that is no longer a problem. Ridge Runner 75hp street tune (also got their Heavy Tow for farm stuff) and a nice shiny section of new pipe where that um...other thing..used to be. Big thanks to JWCGMC1985 for posting pics in another thread I found of what EGR connections to unplug :thumb

Oh yeah also bolted in my new toolbox, changed the oil/air/cab filters and greased the front end.
Damn the bad luck. Those things seem to have a bad habit of falling off, don't they? :wink2:

Reactions: NHfireDmax
#43,403 ·
Changed the oil and did loaded my DuramaxTuner TCM tune.

#43,404 ·
Damn the bad luck. Those things seem to have a bad habit of falling off, don't they? :wink2:
I wish it just fell off, don’t know what the factory exhaust pipe is made out of but I burnt up three brand new Dewalt sawzall blades making a cut in front and behind the DPF.
Going back in tonight to seal, wrap and zip tie all the wires and sensors and remove the DEF tank.

#43,405 ·
New wheel hub assembly got delivered, will be tackling that job in the morning. Today after work I went ahead and got the tires rotated and balanced. I also had them go ahead and take the wheel spacers off. I'm tired of going thru hub assemblies every 1.5 - 2 years. In the process of putting a rear wheel and tire back on the truck, a lug bolt stripped so they went ahead and fixed that.
Thinking I should of left the rebalancing out of it because now it seems as if the truck rides rougher than before I went in... gonna check the air pressure in a few.
Then a guy in a LB7 stalled out at the traffic light next to the tire shop. He immediately got out and started priming the filter head. I felt like he should know about the o-ring rebuild kit but the guy had just picked one up from NAPA haha. At least I had good intentions on letting him know.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Reactions: CDmax16 and 1TRIKHD
#43,410 ·
What crapped out?
The electronics.
Something in the touch screen/software is screwed up. It randomly changes audio inputs, stations, songs, turns Siri on, moves the favorites buttons up/down on the screen, and changes my gauge cluster from any of the info pages to the media page. After a bit, the touch screen is useless and only the physical buttons will work. The tech (friend of mine) swapped in a different unit from another truck and all the problems went away. Using his scantool he could see the screen commanding the dash to change.

#43,411 ·

Something in the touch screen/software is screwed up. It randomly changes audio inputs, stations, songs, turns Siri on, moves the favorites buttons up/down on the screen, and changes my gauge cluster from any of the info pages to the media page. After a bit, the touch screen is useless and only the physical buttons will work. The tech (friend of mine) swapped in a different unit from another truck and all the problems went away. Using his scantool he could see the screen commanding the dash to change.
Sounds like that unit was made on a Friday lol. Possibly a Monday....

#43,413 ·

I have the same issues starting up, screen flickers and then goes dead. Randomly needs to be powered back on, thought it was because of usb connection with android auto causing the problem, also happened when only streaming Bluetooth to the truck.
Dunno.. good time for and audio upgrade I guess

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

#43,414 · (Edited)
I’m guessing you’re out of warranty or don’t have one because you’re not the original owner or something like that?

#43,415 ·
Then a guy in a LB7 stalled out at the traffic light next to the tire shop. He immediately got out and started priming the filter head. I felt like he should know about the o-ring rebuild kit but the guy had just picked one up from NAPA haha. At least I had good intentions on letting him know.
They say that good intentions make good pavement but I disagree. It is intent, coupled with follow through, that makes all of the difference in life.

#43,416 ·
I'm still getting a slow crank every now and then, not slow slow but slower than the norm.
It pretty much only does it when it's been running, but if it does it on the first morning start up it puffs a bit more diesel smoke than normal but I assume that's just the slow start?
It's got me stuffed, I've checked the batteries, the cables, load tested.
No idea?

#43,417 ·
I have the same issues starting up, screen flickers and then goes dead. Randomly needs to be powered back on, thought it was because of usb connection with android auto causing the problem, also happened when only streaming Bluetooth to the truck.
Dunno.. good time for and audio upgrade I guess

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
My screen never flickered or went dead, but may be the same issue. I've also read that it when issues happen with these units it could be the HMI or HMI cord or something like that. Good luck with an upgrade, the ones I've found are not cheap alternatives. Watch this video, it may help you.

I’m guessing you’re out of warranty or don’t have one because you’re not the original owner or something like that?
Out of bump to bumper warranty...joys of buying used I guess!

#43,418 ·
Pops and I got the hub assembly swapped out this morning. Would've been done in about 45 minutes from wheel off to wheel on if it weren't for spending another 45 minutes trying to find my impact extension and adapter [emoji849]

#43,419 ·
Taped up some now unused electrical connections, cut out the reducing cone on the factory tip with some very careful torch work and took it for a little drive. Was going to drop the DEF tank but decided to put that off tomorrow.

Love the extra power, throttle response is way better than stock, it’s got a great rumbly sound and no drone at all. Not worrying about it sitting at the dealer ever again waiting on backordered emissions parts is a huge plus as well.

#43,420 ·
A few hundred mile day trip to Lake Placid, then played around with the idash 1.8 moving gauges around.