Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

What did you do to your Sierra/Silvy today?

5M views 48K replies 2K participants last post by  HipPopPottedMouse 
#1 ·
Don't know if this was ever posted. Very simple. Just tell us what you did to ur truck/van today.

Fixed the pass front brake line that I can only imagine how long it had been kinked when I found it. Spliced in a new piece that I borrowed(hehe) from the wife's uncle.

See less See more
#43,742 ·
Had 1 OEM fog light crap the bed so figured I'd replace
them with a set of Diode Dynamics Amber LED's.
We'll see how they work out.
Hopefully they will help these 63 year old eye balls!

Reactions: harnold
#43,743 ·
Yesterday pulled 2 of my horses to the farrier with it, no problems. When I got home I hooked up my Kennedy lift pump, again, no problems. While I was under there I decided to get rid of my DEF tank since it’s no longer needed. Watched a YouTube video and went after it. Problem, I knew I was having too good of a day. My truck had def system issues back in March and when the dealer tech put the tank back on he completely stripped the torx head bolts that secure the tank straps. Going to try round two today.

#43,744 ·
I live in rural Eastern Kentucky. We mine, we log, we drill and hydraulic fracture oil and gas wells, folks around here don’t hug bunnies we shoot them and eat the little bastards. Having a def tank showing on my truck isn’t even a remote concern for me. Tank needs to come off so I can flush it out and stash it away in case the day comes I need to put my truck back stock to sell/trade. DEF is highly corrosive, so leaving a gallon or two sloshing around in the tank for eternity doesn’t seem like a good idea.

#43,745 ·
I live in rural Eastern Kentucky. We mine, we log, we drill and hydraulic fracture oil and gas wells, folks around here don’t hug bunnies we shoot them and eat the little bastards. Having a def tank showing on my truck isn’t even a remote concern for me. Tank needs to come off so I can flush it out and stash it away in case the day comes I need to put my truck back stock to sell/trade. DEF is highly corrosive, so leaving a gallon or two sloshing around in the tank for eternity doesn’t seem like a good idea.
My exhaust got scrapped and my def tank got thrown in the burn pile. Still have all my egr junk in the shop though. Dont plan to ever put anything back on though. F U EPA!

Social media pushback has been huge since kory Willis(ppei) got in trouble. So much so kory has a meeting in DC with very high up government officials I believe this week.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

#43,746 ·
Dont plan to ever put anything back on though. F U EPA!
I don’t plan on putting it back either but Ya never know what’s down the road. The way my luck runs I can remove my def tank, flush it out and let it keep my DPF company in the garage attic for years and years. OR Just as sure as I got rid of any of it something would come up and I’d have to put it back stock 'dunno;

Reactions: mizterwizard
#43,748 ·
I did exactly the same thing
The 300kg of pollution crap is under my office desk
If I get busted I'll put it back on, get it checked and then rip it off again
I plan on keeping my truck for a very long time, surely I'm making less pollution than someone who buys a new Prius every 2 years

#43,749 ·
RapidScreen roadside data collection units (either housed in white vans or small green boxes) collect emissions-related data as vehicles are driven by them.
[FONT=&quot]As you drive past, the van scans your rear license plate and performs a rapid emissions analysis.​
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
"It is an alternative to the standard inspection and is used to identify vehicles that are operated exceptionally cleanly." (For Now)
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]

[/FONT]
They are working on it, this is in Colorado

Attachments

#43,750 ·
So throw it in neutral, shut engine off and coast through ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#43,751 ·
I would expect something like that from California....6686L better watch out Colorado’s a lot closer to him than me. Maybe “they” really are out to get him :cookoo[1]:

#43,754 ·
This is concerning, big brother.....

“Voting the bums out” only results in new “bums” who violate the Constitution in more costly and dangerous ways each year.

#43,756 ·
Turned 100,000 miles while pulling the travel trailer home from PA.

Attachments

Reactions: ChevyDMax89
#43,759 ·
RapidScreen roadside data collection units (either housed in white vans or small green boxes) collect emissions-related data as vehicles are driven by them.
[FONT=&quot]As you drive past, the van scans your rear license plate and performs a rapid emissions analysis.​
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
"It is an alternative to the standard inspection and is used to identify vehicles that are operated exceptionally cleanly." (For Now)
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]

[/FONT]
They are working on it, this is in Colorado

And that picture is of an emissions monitor box only, for air quality monitoring, not the rapid screen van/truck that sit on the on ramps to do the emissions testing and shoot photos of your plates.

#43,760 ·
Made a quick paint booth in the shed....:nerd:

Working on some bling....1st time spraying Acrylic Lacquer Metallic with my HVLP gun (4psi). 3 coats down, more to go...
I Like-y.

Feeling the addiction now, pulling and prepping more things. marx

Attachments