What did you do to your Sierra/Silvy today? - Page 3968 - Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum
General Discussion General Diesel Discussion.

20473Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #39671 of 44579 (permalink) Old 05-30-2018, 03:37 PM
DuramaxForum Enthusiast

Well the week is half over fellas.

8 hours today in crane operating/rigging training... Not real sure why the programmer computer jockey was in it, but oh well.

~Tony~

2006 Chevy 2500HD CCLB LBZ - 6" RCX - XD Hoss - MBRP downpipe and exhaust w/ muffler - EFI Live DSP5 - Blocked - Cobra 29NWSTWX - Wilson 5000 - Custom fab headache rack - Custom Traction bars - Braced - Sleeved - [email protected]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #39672 of 44579 (permalink) Old 05-30-2018, 07:10 PM
DuramaxForum Enthusiast

Garage
Send a message via AIM to ChevyDMax89
Filled up at $3.05/gal. for a whopping 13.94 mpg all in town stop n go driving, and hand calculated of course (dash says 17.1... I wish!!!) Crazy how far off the numbers can be...

NAME: JIMMY
2006 Silverado 2500HD 4x4 crew cab (black), 20" chrome Moto Metal 962 wheels wrapped with 32x11 Toyo Mud Terrains, 2" wheel spacers, Bilstein 5100 series shocks, Banks Ram-Air Intake, custom straight pipe exhaust w/5" tip, EGR Delete, FASS 150 lift pump, PPEI dsp5 tuned by Kory, Suncoast Gmax 6 w/1056 converter, Edge Insight moniter, 8k HIDs in head/foglights, Limo tint, 7" Pioneer Double-din, (2) Boss Phantom 12s in custom box, more coming soon...
post #39673 of 44579 (permalink) Old 05-30-2018, 10:41 PM
DuramaxForum Veteran

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChevyDMax89 View Post
Filled up at $3.05/gal. for a whopping 13.94 mpg all in town stop n go driving, and hand calculated of course (dash says 17.1... I wish!!!) Crazy how far off the numbers can be...
My MYOB is telling me I'm spending 7% less on diesel that this time last year, I know diesel is dearer and I'm doing a lot more kms so the Silverado is definitely more fuel efficient than the 4.0l common rail Hino truck

RHD 2013 2500HD Silverado WT Regular Cab
Deleted, FASS 150, Moonshine by Tony, Ally Tray, 20in Dicks, All Terrains, LEDs, Lowered and pissing off local drivers daily due to my size
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #39674 of 44579 (permalink) Old 05-31-2018, 09:59 AM

-Drove it
-Ordered new shoes for it

-'07 Chevy Silverado 2500HD Classic LT3; MF Downpipe; 4" DE Exhaust, PPEI EFI Live, CTS2-
post #39675 of 44579 (permalink) Old 05-31-2018, 12:10 PM
DuramaxForum Fanatic

Used it to drive my mother in law to her eye doctor appointment. Only reason I took my truck was so I could scare her with my max effort tune....lol

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Noble_dmax, toxic and harnold like this.

My name is Dan, I drive a 2005 2500hd ccsb lly 4x4, victory red, Efi live Robs trans safe tunes, Edge cts w/pyro, Silverline 5" exhaust, Magnaflow downpipe, LML ds manifold, Arp head studs, S&b turbo inlet, S&b cai dry filter, Ppe shim kit, drilled fuel rails, B&w turnover gooseneck, Ma welded waterpump, Profab egr delete, Fass titanium 150, Beans fuel sump, Ma pump rub plate, 285/75-16 duratrac on stock rims, Kryptonite tie rod & centerlink, Kryptonite sway bar end links, kryptonite lower ball joints Rare parts extreme duty pitman and idler arms, Dhd steering brace, Alligator 5/8" trans lines.
post #39676 of 44579 (permalink) Old 06-01-2018, 06:48 AM

Garage
Purchased and installed new body style mirrors from Boost Auto Parts yesterday.

2009 Imperial Blue Metallic GMC 2500HD Crew Cab -Silverthorne, CO
@Motodrew : IG / YouTube
Build Thread

Build Sheet: 8" Fabtech lift ; 20x9.5 Fuel Maverick wheels ; 35x12.5 Goodyear Duratracs ; 5" MBRP exhaust w/3" MBRP Downpipe ; LBZ up pipe ; WCFab Stage 2 Intake ; WCFab Intercooler Pipe ; FASS 150 lift pump w/ draw straw ; PCV Reroute ; EFI Live by DDD ; TransGoJr ; Edge Insight CTS2 ; Ruff Stuff Specialties Traction Bars ; Boost Mirrors ; Husky Liners Kickback flaps; Amp Research Steps
post #39677 of 44579 (permalink) Old 06-01-2018, 06:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motodrew View Post
Purchased and installed new body style mirrors from Boost Auto Parts yesterday.

How do you like them? How was the install? I've been looking at them but am on the fence. Good reviews, but kinda pricey (not compared to dealer of course), but I think they'd look sick on my 06.

Bought 6/16/11: 2006 Chevy Silverado 2500HD, 6.6L Diesel (LBZ), CCSB, Bose system, leather. Southern Comfort Conversions edition. Includes: Custom faded two tone paint job, leveling kit, 18" chrome wheels, aftermarket interior trim, billet grille, remote start, wheel to wheel steps, and Line X installed. I upgraded to: Cognito UCA kit w/ shock extenders and Bilstien 5100's, Tie rod sleeves, 300W Rockford Fosgate Amp & 2 JL 8" subs behind rear seat, Tinted front windows to match, BakFlip F1 Tonneau cover, Reese 15k 5th wheel hitch, Prodigy brake controller, Toyo AT2's 295/55/R20 w/ Ultra 203 Hunter 20x9, -12, LED Concepts Colormorph Halo kit upper & lower.
post #39678 of 44579 (permalink) Old 06-01-2018, 09:06 AM
LHN...We ARE the Joneses

Send a message via Yahoo to Hook'em_Horns! Send a message via Skype™ to Hook'em_Horns!
They fit symmetrically on @Motodrew's GMC, but just last evening out on a multi-lane, slower '05 Chev not 'Driving-Right->', had to pass on the right side.

Had the new style mirror upgrade on it and it looked all wrong, Just didn't fit with the OBS, didn't look good at all, like a tacky add-on from JC Whitney.

Oh, and maybe they didn't have a good view point either, 'cause he/she drifted in to my lane (no signal) when my front bumper was beside the new mirror. Finally noticed and swerved back.

THEN they used a signal and moved Right-> in behind me. Maybe just inattentive and the mirrors' do see. But they just didn't look right. Too square of a box on a rounded edge body style.

2007 LBZ 3500 LT3 DRW Crew Cab, Sulastics, Putnam XDR 15K, B&W 30K-Turnover GN+Companion, Ride-Rite Air...EFI'd by Rob
2008 LMM 3500WT DRW Crew Cab, 8 'Flat/GN, Workforce Alum Toolbox, Ride-Rite Air

Use-ta Haves 2006-6.0 3500 WT DRW ExCab Flatbed, 2005-LLY 3500 LS DRW Crew Cab, 2002-LB7 3500 LS DRW Crew Cab
I Live my life in such a way that when my feet hit the floor in the morning...Satan shudders & says "Oh shit, he's awake!"
post #39679 of 44579 (permalink) Old 06-01-2018, 10:01 AM

Last few days I have been cleaning under the truck, long overdue to get out some of the packed in sand and grease. Since I am my own mechanic I like to keep the grease manageable. Cleaned the fuel cooler also.

Removed the front lower air dam between radiator support and cross member....found several grease fittings on suspension idlers that I never knew were there, so greased all fittings and cleaned out more gunk. Going to check diff oil levels also and thinking about trans drain/fill and filter since I have 100k miles on filter and fluid is probably original with 290k miles.

R&R'ed PS pump as part of troubleshooting of belt noise, pushed the pulley on extra deep to make sure it is in plane with the AC pulley per the tech bulletin on belt noise. Been chasing this noise for 2 years with no real progress. Is intermittent and only happens with AC on, and only at idle or slightly above. Sounds, seriously like a bad wet fart....happens for few seconds and goes away...usually but not always will only happen when hot. PS pump made no difference, same with belt changes, but pump was gladly warrantied by the parts house with no questions. Questioning AC clutch for the noise but the NAPA one didn't fit and it seems a complete compressor with clutch is cheaper than a new clutch alone....weird. I have a wifi cam mounted to watch the ac compressor while running but of course now it won't make the noise.

Was looking for a new used Duramax truck but just blown away by the prices. Trucks that invoiced new for 37k in 2011 seem to be still worth 32k, which is just insane and completely opposite of the usual rule where vehicles lose so much value as soon as they are driven off the lot. Driven by the crazy high cost of new I guess. So I may keep mine for a long time.

2005 Sierra 2500HD
ChevyDMax89 likes this.
post #39680 of 44579 (permalink) Old 06-01-2018, 11:30 AM
DuramaxForum Enthusiast

Garage
Send a message via AIM to ChevyDMax89
Quote:
Originally Posted by West1134 View Post
How do you like them? How was the install? I've been looking at them but am on the fence. Good reviews, but kinda pricey (not compared to dealer of course), but I think they'd look sick on my 06.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hook'em_Horns! View Post
They fit symmetrically on @Motodrew's GMC, but just last evening out on a multi-lane, slower '05 Chev not 'Driving-Right->', had to pass on the right side.

Had the new style mirror upgrade on it and it looked all wrong, Just didn't fit with the OBS, didn't look good at all, like a tacky add-on from JC Whitney.

Oh, and maybe they didn't have a good view point either, 'cause he/she drifted in to my lane (no signal) when my front bumper was beside the new mirror. Finally noticed and swerved back.

THEN they used a signal and moved Right-> in behind me. Maybe just inattentive and the mirrors' do see. But they just didn't look right. Too square of a box on a rounded edge body style.
I don't know Hookem, I think mine (and others) look pretty good. They will be angled like any other tow mirror added onto these year trucks, but they can be leveled out fairly easily. And they are all plug and play, except for the reverse spotlights, but those too can be wired easily.
Attached Images

West1134 likes this.

NAME: JIMMY
2006 Silverado 2500HD 4x4 crew cab (black), 20" chrome Moto Metal 962 wheels wrapped with 32x11 Toyo Mud Terrains, 2" wheel spacers, Bilstein 5100 series shocks, Banks Ram-Air Intake, custom straight pipe exhaust w/5" tip, EGR Delete, FASS 150 lift pump, PPEI dsp5 tuned by Kory, Suncoast Gmax 6 w/1056 converter, Edge Insight moniter, 8k HIDs in head/foglights, Limo tint, 7" Pioneer Double-din, (2) Boss Phantom 12s in custom box, more coming soon...

Last edited by ChevyDMax89; 06-01-2018 at 12:55 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode