What did you do to your Sierra/Silvy today? - Page 4092 - Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum
General Discussion General Diesel Discussion.

20471Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #40911 of 44576 (permalink) Old 09-25-2018, 08:55 PM
DuramaxForum Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by hdrolling View Post
Installed the front flairs, rears are going to take some trimming. Almost got an alignment but the shop needs me to install my stock front wheels so maybe tomorrow.
Almost forgot how good DRW looks!!

I've seen ONE DRW Chevy since I've moved to Oregon. Nobody drives DRW in the city and everyone needs a van to lock things up I guess

Would probably be fun through the mountain passes
hdrolling and 1TRIKHD like this.

SOLD- 02 ECSB LB7- R.I.P.

2005 CCSB Z71 Silverado, Factory 5.3, 06 Front Clip, Cooper AT3/Ion 171's, Too Many LED'S....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #40912 of 44576 (permalink) Old 09-26-2018, 07:41 AM

Garage
I was able to accomplish quite a few things this weekend. I got my traction bars welded up into place and the TransGo Jr kit installed. I can definitely put the power down now!

2009 Imperial Blue Metallic GMC 2500HD Crew Cab -Silverthorne, CO
@Motodrew : IG / YouTube
Build Thread

Build Sheet: 8" Fabtech lift ; 20x9.5 Fuel Maverick wheels ; 35x12.5 Goodyear Duratracs ; 5" MBRP exhaust w/3" MBRP Downpipe ; LBZ up pipe ; WCFab Stage 2 Intake ; WCFab Intercooler Pipe ; FASS 150 lift pump w/ draw straw ; PCV Reroute ; EFI Live by DDD ; TransGoJr ; Edge Insight CTS2 ; Ruff Stuff Specialties Traction Bars ; Boost Mirrors ; Husky Liners Kickback flaps; Amp Research Steps
post #40913 of 44576 (permalink) Old 09-26-2018, 08:53 AM

@bellassaiw10

I ended up taking the truck in today. Here's some shots of the courtesy/reverse lights this morning. They throw a lot of light. I also have upgraded LED reverse lights. Hope this helps.

ChevyDMax89, harnold and Motodrew like this.

Bought 6/16/11: 2006 Chevy Silverado 2500HD, 6.6L Diesel (LBZ), CCSB, Bose system, leather. Southern Comfort Conversions edition. Includes: Custom faded two tone paint job, leveling kit, 18" chrome wheels, aftermarket interior trim, billet grille, remote start, wheel to wheel steps, and Line X installed. I upgraded to: Cognito UCA kit w/ shock extenders and Bilstien 5100's, Tie rod sleeves, 300W Rockford Fosgate Amp & 2 JL 8" subs behind rear seat, Tinted front windows to match, BakFlip F1 Tonneau cover, Reese 15k 5th wheel hitch, Prodigy brake controller, Toyo AT2's 295/55/R20 w/ Ultra 203 Hunter 20x9, -12, LED Concepts Colormorph Halo kit upper & lower.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #40914 of 44576 (permalink) Old 09-26-2018, 07:09 PM
DuramaxForum Enthusiast

Garage
Send a message via AIM to ChevyDMax89
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tap2112 View Post
Installed front differential lowering bolts to compliment my new, upgraded UCA's. Also, installed a FASS 165, a G&R fuel sump and a partial Flo-Pro exhaust. I hear people say that changing exhaust doesn't improve mileage but I beg to differ. I have driven the same route from Bay Area, CA to Portland Oregon many times. Each time my load was empty since this is a family related drive. All previous drives averaged between 16.8 and 17.4 on the DIC. Coming home after my exhaust changes the DIC read 21.5.

I realize those numbers are not 100% accurate but even if both real numbers are lower than the respective DIC numbers it still shows a significant improvement. I have to concede that the drive home began early in the morning and I used the air conditioner a bit less since the temps were cooler during my drive (though they were 96 degrees in Redding) but running the AC for 2 hours less would not account for such a big difference. I will get hand calculated numbers today for the drive home MPGs when I go fill up.
I agree with the MPG improvement by just adding exhaust, especially on the 08+ trucks that came from the factory with DPF and 11+ trucks with DEF fluid on top of that. Getting all that crap off the exhaust system will help ANY vehicle, I don't care what it is. BUT, +4 MPG is kind of far-fetched, so hand calculation for a few tanks would be a better idea.

NAME: JIMMY
2006 Silverado 2500HD 4x4 crew cab (black), 20" chrome Moto Metal 962 wheels wrapped with 32x11 Toyo Mud Terrains, 2" wheel spacers, Bilstein 5100 series shocks, Banks Ram-Air Intake, custom straight pipe exhaust w/5" tip, EGR Delete, FASS 150 lift pump, PPEI dsp5 tuned by Kory, Suncoast Gmax 6 w/1056 converter, Edge Insight moniter, 8k HIDs in head/foglights, Limo tint, 7" Pioneer Double-din, (2) Boss Phantom 12s in custom box, more coming soon...
post #40915 of 44576 (permalink) Old 09-26-2018, 08:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by D_R_C View Post
Curious on how you came up with your air filter about 50% by looking at it, at 50% that will start starving your engine of air.
If your able to read MAF g/s get a # reading while idling and then determine.
407, just put in a new Donaldson OEM airfilter it's reading 40-42 idling, which appears to be standard with a stock box and new paper type air filter.

Mine reads 40-42 when cold idling, I go by MAF g/s readings so I know when to change/swap out my airfilter with a clean one. When the readings get down to 36-37 it's time to change airfilter.
This reminded me the air filter was the thing I skipped when changing all the fluids and filters after buying my dmax 11 months ago...I looked with shibby's link app and was getting just under 35 g/s on the MAF when coolant was at temp and in park/idle.
So, rockauto shipped me the blue filter with the MasterCard I got from my discount tire rebate. Turns out that old filter was quite full! Looking forward to the next time I get her up to temp to see the difference, and maybe I'll notice an MPG gain...!?

Keith
07 classic silvy. 2500HD LBZ, CCSB, 4x4

2007 silverado 2500HD LT classic (LBZ/Allison 6sp)
crew cab, std bed
came to me with 285/75r16s that rub a little, will change to 265s (LTX AT2)

PSF chiller, nerfs, alum canopy, new radio, new 18k hitch, 16k Reese Sig-series 5er hitch. all else is stock

Stanadyne believer
post #40916 of 44576 (permalink) Old 09-26-2018, 09:26 PM
DuramaxForum Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burningbaal View Post
This reminded me the air filter was the thing I skipped when changing all the fluids and filters after buying my dmax 11 months ago...I looked with shibby's link app and was getting just under 35 g/s on the MAF when coolant was at temp and in park/idle.
So, rockauto shipped me the blue filter with the MasterCard I got from my discount tire rebate. Turns out that old filter was quite full! Looking forward to the next time I get her up to temp to see the difference, and maybe I'll notice an MPG gain...!?

Keith
07 classic silvy. 2500HD LBZ, CCSB, 4x4
Now, thatís when itís past time to replace that filter.
You should see a little better mileage and performance.
This stuff sneaks up real slow where itís not real noticeable, until.
Thereís been a few that think they can go up to 50k before theyíll need to change the airfilter, they found this to be a bad idea.

I actually have 3 aFe airfilters, Iíll swap mine out about every 5-6 k with a clean one. Iíll clean and re-oil the dirty one at my leasure.
The one I take out is pretty dirty, (I do live in a dusty enviroment) Iím sure it could possibly go farther, but Iím one that believes to always have good airflow, makes me happy.

Dan
2007.5 GMC Sierra 3500 SRW L.B."BLACK" C.C. 4X4 LMM Z71
DIY stock airbox mod, aFe ProGuard 7, OEM drop-in
EFILive ECM ATP - Heavy Tow Tune with Turbo Brake.
EFILive TCM Duramax Tuner
DHD Cold Side High Flow Intake Pipe, DHD PCV Re-Route, AirDog 4G100
Castrol Hypuron/Vecton 15W40 synthetic blend oil
Donaldson P550832 2 qt oil filter

2007 Yukon Denail "BLACK" 6.2 gasser
DIY stock AirBox Mod, K&N, Airaid intake, EFILive TCM only tuning
post #40917 of 44576 (permalink) Old 09-26-2018, 09:52 PM
DuramaxForum n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChevyDMax89 View Post
I agree with the MPG improvement by just adding exhaust, especially on the 08+ trucks that came from the factory with DPF and 11+ trucks with DEF fluid on top of that. Getting all that crap off the exhaust system will help ANY vehicle, I don't care what it is. BUT, +4 MPG is kind of far-fetched, so hand calculation for a few tanks would be a better idea.
Hand calculation only showed 18.3 MPG. Significantly less than what the DIC showed but I have to assume I was never getting 17.4 (as shown on the DIC) prior to the change. Wish I would have done some hand calculations on my past trips to have a true before/after calculation.

Bottom line is it definitely increased. How much? Hard to say, but any improvement is welcomed.

2013 Sierra 2500HD, FASS 165, CCM UCA, FOX 2.0 with reservoirs, Air Bags, B&W GN and 5th wheel hitch, color matched liner
post #40918 of 44576 (permalink) Old 09-26-2018, 10:08 PM
DuramaxForum Enthusiast

Not sure if I ever posted this, but I'll put it here for internet searches.

Halfway across the country from a Florida to Oregon Move my original ScanGauge 2 quit. No screen at all, no backlight, tried smashing butons and playing with the cord to no avail.

I kept it out of the sun as much as possible and tried to make sure it didn't get jostled around too much. But I needed it for temps on my 4l60e with a brand new rebuild in it. (3300$, not bad but more than expected)

I called the company and they were probably some of the nicest people I have ever talked to. Lady took my name and started an account for me and was willing to ship me a new one somewhere along I80 as I headed west.

Luckily I still had my receipt from Advanced Auto and got it swapped there, never did figure out what was wrong with the old one. New one has been great ever since though.

Really enjoy reading the air intake temp, usually sits at ambient going down the road but can jump up 30į pretty quick at a decent stop light.

SOLD- 02 ECSB LB7- R.I.P.

2005 CCSB Z71 Silverado, Factory 5.3, 06 Front Clip, Cooper AT3/Ion 171's, Too Many LED'S....
post #40919 of 44576 (permalink) Old 09-27-2018, 03:34 AM
Duramax Lifetime Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by D_R_C View Post
Now, thatís when itís past time to replace that filter.
You should see a little better mileage and performance.
This stuff sneaks up real slow where itís not real noticeable, until.
Thereís been a few that think they can go up to 50k before theyíll need to change the airfilter, they found this to be a bad idea.

I actually have 3 aFe airfilters, Iíll swap mine out about every 5-6 k with a clean one. Iíll clean and re-oil the dirty one at my leasure.
The one I take out is pretty dirty, (I do live in a dusty enviroment) Iím sure it could possibly go farther, but Iím one that believes to always have good airflow, makes me happy.
Just like people, engines have to breath, or they die.

2008 Silverado 2500HD CCSB LTZ Diesel
FASS 95 Lift Pump (with Baldwin filters), Edge Insight CTS Monitor on a Windshield Mount, Nicktane Fuel Filter Adapter w/ CAT 306-9199 UHE tertiary fuel filter, Bilstein 5100 Stock Height, Bushwacker Bed Rail Caps, AMP Research Bedstep, Fumoto oil drain valve, Dorman PS Oil cooler, Pioneer AVIC 7200NEX GPS/Stereo, Air Lift LoadLifter 5000 Air Bags.
post #40920 of 44576 (permalink) Old 09-27-2018, 03:36 AM
Duramax Lifetime Supporter

I received and installed my new Go Industries Louvered Fifth Wheel Tailgate.

Simple install after trimming one end bushing so it would slide over the right side hinge pivot. Not difficult, My father's trusty old Swiss Army pocketknife did the trick.

2008 Silverado 2500HD CCSB LTZ Diesel
FASS 95 Lift Pump (with Baldwin filters), Edge Insight CTS Monitor on a Windshield Mount, Nicktane Fuel Filter Adapter w/ CAT 306-9199 UHE tertiary fuel filter, Bilstein 5100 Stock Height, Bushwacker Bed Rail Caps, AMP Research Bedstep, Fumoto oil drain valve, Dorman PS Oil cooler, Pioneer AVIC 7200NEX GPS/Stereo, Air Lift LoadLifter 5000 Air Bags.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode