What did you do to your Sierra/Silvy today? - Page 4123 - Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum
General Discussion General Diesel Discussion.

19603Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #41221 of 43506 (permalink) Old 11-12-2018, 01:03 AM
DuramaxForum Enthusiast

Oiling the air gun just before you go at a tough bolt often helps.

There are a lot of things that make good sense once you get into a brake job. Let's see, now you have done a brake bleed, lube job, pads and rotors. You could check the fluid level in the differentials while you are in there. You may have lost a bit when you took the rear hubs off. Probably not enough to matter but now is the time to check. Have a look at the shocks. Pry on/wiggle all of the suspension and steering joints to see if any are bad. The list keeps going.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #41222 of 43506 (permalink) Old 11-12-2018, 01:05 AM
DuramaxForum Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ineedabiggertrailer16 View Post
I lowered my balls.....

Seriously, all my receiver hitch ball mounts were just 2” drop. This truck sits up way higher than the half tons I’ve had so I picked up two shiny new 6” drop bars
I'd suggest a picture but I don't think anyone here wants to see how low your balls are.
post #41223 of 43506 (permalink) Old 11-12-2018, 02:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mizterwizard View Post
I'd suggest a picture but I don't think anyone here wants to see how low your balls are.
Everything’s good and level now, let’s just leave it at that.
mizterwizard likes this.

16’ C.C. LT. Tinted, Weather Techs, Boost Tow mirrors, leveled on 35ish, Ridge Runner
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #41224 of 43506 (permalink) Old 11-12-2018, 12:16 PM

Quote:
Oiling the air gun just before you go at a tough bolt often helps.

There are a lot of things that make good sense once you get into a brake job. Let's see, now you have done a brake bleed, lube job, pads and rotors. You could check the fluid level in the differentials while you are in there. You may have lost a bit when you took the rear hubs off. Probably not enough to matter but now is the time to check. Have a look at the shocks. Pry on/wiggle all of the suspension and steering joints to see if any are bad. The list keeps going.

Yep, got to top off the rear diff when it’s back on its wheels and level.

I even taped a note to my mirror so I wouldn’t drive off and forget, lol.

2010 GMC Sierra 3500HD SLT 4x4 CCLB DRW LMM D/A
post #41225 of 43506 (permalink) Old 11-12-2018, 01:28 PM
Duramax Lifetime Supporter

Nothing too exciting. Let it idle for an hour while I installed a 2019 Nav System Update. I haven't driven it yet to see if there are any changes other than maps.

2005 Toyota Tacoma DC 4x4 4.0L TRD Off-Road
2008 Yamaha Zuma YW 50

2015 GMC 2500 Denali HD 4x4 Duramax/Allison Black on Black
2016 Grand Design Momentum M-Class 350M Toy Hauler

Last edited by Black HD; 11-12-2018 at 02:04 PM.
post #41226 of 43506 (permalink) Old 11-12-2018, 01:47 PM
DuramaxForum Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by naturelover View Post
Yep, got to top off the rear diff when it’s back on its wheels and level.

I even taped a note to my mirror so I wouldn’t drive off and forget, lol.
Rereading my post it sounds like I was trying to tell you what to do. That wasn't my intent. I was just commenting on how a brake job tends to blossom into a much larger maintenance job since so many things are right there in front of you.
post #41227 of 43506 (permalink) Old 11-12-2018, 03:19 PM

Quote:
Rereading my post it sounds like I was trying to tell you what to do. That wasn't my intent. I was just commenting on how a brake job tends to blossom into a much larger maintenance job since so many things are right there in front of you.

Oh no, ‘tis good advice. Lots of things are easier to do while it is in the air with the wheels off, and a good time to check things.

Have a seeping oil drain plug gasket I have to address with the upcoming oil change too.

2010 GMC Sierra 3500HD SLT 4x4 CCLB DRW LMM D/A
post #41228 of 43506 (permalink) Old 11-12-2018, 04:02 PM
DuramaxForum Veteran

This solution is currently on probation but I'm optimistic. Rewired the 12V AUX trailer power supply to be ignition-switched (why the hell is it constant-hot from the factory?!). Once I get the trailer hooked up and verify all functionality I'll post a brief write-up.

rparlee likes this.

2017 Silverado 3500 LTZ (Summit White) | CC SB SRW | Z71 | Duramax L5P | Undercover Ultra Flex bed cover | Draw-Tite front receiver | AIMS 3kw inverter-charger | Titan Travel Trekker 50-gallon auxiliary fuel tank
post #41229 of 43506 (permalink) Old 11-12-2018, 04:27 PM
DuramaxForum Enthusiast

I wonder if the person who designed that circuit has ever owned a tow vehicle. I suppose it would make some sense to be able to boost the trailer battery but not as much sense as having a good battery in the truck when you go to start it.

There is a switch you can get to put on the truck or trailer that only powers the trailer when the voltage is above a certain level. Typically it triggers at 13 volts or so.

https://www.campingworld.com/battery...charging-relay
post #41230 of 43506 (permalink) Old 11-12-2018, 05:28 PM
DuramaxForum Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LML6600DMAX View Post
Keep me posted on how he does hunting. Looking for a new hunting partner and really would like something different than lab this time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
@LML6600DMAX this past weekend was opening weekend for upland birds in Kansas. You wanted me to let you know how well my German wire haired pointer hunted because you were looking for a different dog to hunt with. My pup will be a year old on the 23rd this month. He did a phenomenal job on his first day out. I purchased a shock collar just in case he didn’t want to listen. I never had to put it on him. He picked up a scent from 50 to 75 yards away and pointed a bird. I would definitely get another if I had the room for one.
Babyhauler and LML6600DMAX like this.

08 GMC SLE CCSB leveled debadged Fass 150 CTS2 EGT probe Beans sump S&B intake Cooper AT3 285/55/20 Bilstien 5100
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1TRIKHD View Post
I like my women and trucks to have a proportionate ass, to much and it doesn't turn my crank.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minerigger View Post
Maybe if you put your dick in a meat grinder it won't hurt but I'm not gonna take that chance or be the guinea pig.

PUTTING A CUTE SHIRT ON YOUR MUFFINTOP DOESN'T MAKE YOU A CUPCAKE

Thanks to www.bamaoffroad.com/
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode