What did you do to your Sierra/Silvy today? - Page 4175 - Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum
General Discussion General Diesel Discussion.

19781Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #41741 of 43797 (permalink) Old 01-16-2019, 05:59 PM
DuramaxForum Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by 07Dmaxx93 View Post
Since this is such an active thread does anybody know the part number for the O-ring that goes on this coolant tube into the block
Universal o-ring sets are available all over the place. They can be had in neoprene, viton, silicone and just about any other material you might want. I have several sets but my go-to is a couple of drawers in my parts bin that have small and large o-rings in them.

I have collected these from many sources. Every time I do a head set on an injected engine it comes with a set of o-rings for the injectors but usually the injectors don't have to come out so I wind up with dozens of these. Many gasket sets come with extra o-rings that are intended for another application or for something I didn't take apart this time. Water pumps, fuel system parts and many other parts come with extra gaskets and o-rings. I save them all and I rarely have to buy an individual o-ring any more.

Some people get all upset if the o-ring isn't exactly like the one that came out. I have found that if it fits the id and od of the parts involved or if it is in a groove and stands proud of the groove then it will seal.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #41742 of 43797 (permalink) Old 01-16-2019, 06:13 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by mizterwizard View Post
Universal o-ring sets are available all over the place. They can be had in neoprene, viton, silicone and just about any other material you might want. I have several sets but my go-to is a couple of drawers in my parts bin that have small and large o-rings in them.

I have collected these from many sources. Every time I do a head set on an injected engine it comes with a set of o-rings for the injectors but usually the injectors don't have to come out so I wind up with dozens of these. Many gasket sets come with extra o-rings that are intended for another application or for something I didn't take apart this time. Water pumps, fuel system parts and many other parts come with extra gaskets and o-rings. I save them all and I rarely have to buy an individual o-ring any more.

Some people get all upset if the o-ring isn't exactly like the one that came out. I have found that if it fits the id and od of the parts involved or if it is in a groove and stands proud of the groove then it will seal.

Thank you for this info! I will have to find a few sets to keep around and begin collecting them myself, as i always seem to need O-Rings while doing random jobs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
mizterwizard likes this.

2007.5 CCSB LMM
EFI live ECM Tuning by PPEI
S369SXE by WCFab
Fass 150GPH
XDP Sump

Instagram: 07Dmaxx
post #41743 of 43797 (permalink) Old 01-17-2019, 07:54 PM

Garage
New Key Fob. Pretty slick product.

Name:  IMG_0633.jpg
Views: 177
Size:  57.8 KB

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
CDmax16 likes this.

2018 Chevy 2500HD LT CCLB L5P - Custom Order

Installed Mods:
Edge Insight CTS2 In Console | Stubby Antenna | Putco Trans Cooler Grille
W/T Mudflaps | W/T Window Deflectors | John C Garage Drop Shackles
HID and LED Lighting Upgrade | BAK F1 Folding Tonneau | BANKS Intake | Deviant Trans Line Rub Fix
Ordered:
Cognito PISK
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #41744 of 43797 (permalink) Old 01-17-2019, 10:59 PM

Garage
Sweet! Who makes that one? I’ve been looking for something similar for an OBS LML fob.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alameda441 View Post
New Key Fob. Pretty slick product.

[iurl="https://www.duramaxforum.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=1033165&stc=1&d=154778 3447"][/iurl]

I. AM. CHRISTMAS. MORNING.
2012 LML Denali | 3500 SRW
PPEI TUNING | FASS 150 | WCFAB DELETED | 5" EXHAUST

post #41745 of 43797 (permalink) Old 01-18-2019, 04:14 AM
Duramax Lifetime Supporter

Drove the 01 to work again, 3 days in a row. Woo Hoo

2001 2500HD 4WD EXTENDED CAB LS,
S&B CAI, 4" STAINLESS STEEL EXHAUST, EFI LIVE FROM ATP TRUCKS, EDGE CTS, PPE BOOST VALVE, BANKS INTERCOOLER PIPE, AIR DOG II 165, REBUILT TRANNY WITH SUNCOAST KIT, TRANSGO SHIFTKIT AND BILLIT TORQUE CONVERTER, NEW UPGRADED TAILSHAFT, PUMP RUB FIX ON TRANSFER WITH NEW ALUMINUM TAIL SHAFT, NEW TOW MIRRORS, NEW GAGE HEAVY DUTY FRONT AND REAR BUMPERS, BEANS SUMP, FUMOTO VALVE, RARE PARTS TIE RODS WITH COGNITO PISK, MAD JACK FUEL FILTER ACCESS DOOR, STAINLESS STEEL SPEED BLEEDERS.
2011 GMC 3500HD DUALLY Welding Bed, 4WD CREW CAB, 4" downpipe back exhaust, def delete, egr delete, with new LB7 up pipe, pcv reroute, Fass 150, EFI live with DSP 5, HSP CAI. Air Lift Air bags. PPEI transmission tune.
post #41746 of 43797 (permalink) Old 01-18-2019, 08:49 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by theWRECKLESSone View Post
Sweet! Who makes that one? I’ve been looking for something similar for an OBS LML fob.

Ajt Design was this one, looks like they just have a product for 2014+

2018 Chevy 2500HD LT CCLB L5P - Custom Order

Installed Mods:
Edge Insight CTS2 In Console | Stubby Antenna | Putco Trans Cooler Grille
W/T Mudflaps | W/T Window Deflectors | John C Garage Drop Shackles
HID and LED Lighting Upgrade | BAK F1 Folding Tonneau | BANKS Intake | Deviant Trans Line Rub Fix
Ordered:
Cognito PISK
post #41747 of 43797 (permalink) Old 01-18-2019, 08:55 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by theWRECKLESSone View Post

Check out Boost Auto Parts and there retrofit 15+ key fobs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2007.5 CCSB LMM
EFI live ECM Tuning by PPEI
S369SXE by WCFab
Fass 150GPH
XDP Sump

Instagram: 07Dmaxx
post #41748 of 43797 (permalink) Old 01-18-2019, 09:23 AM
DuramaxForum Veteran

Garage
Installed my factory parking sensors into the new bumper, also found a spot to mount the factory fog lights that have diode dynamic LED bulbs.
Attached Images

dmaxuser likes this.

2018 3500HD LTZ DRW

My build thread https://www.duramaxforum.com/forum/b...lly-build.html

GM DRW club member #224
post #41749 of 43797 (permalink) Old 01-18-2019, 11:17 AM
DuramaxForum Enthusiast

Garage
Send a message via AIM to ChevyDMax89
That's a helll of a bumper ^^^^
Changed the FASS filters for the first time this morning. Went with Baldwin filter/water separator.

NAME: JIMMY
2006 Silverado 2500HD 4x4 crew cab (black), 20" chrome Moto Metal 962 wheels wrapped with 32x11 Toyo Mud Terrains, 2" wheel spacers, Bilstein 5100 series shocks, Banks Ram-Air Intake, custom straight pipe exhaust w/5" tip, EGR Delete, FASS 150 lift pump, PPEI dsp5 tuned by Kory, Suncoast Gmax 6 w/1056 converter, Edge Insight moniter, 8k HIDs in head/foglights, Limo tint, 7" Pioneer Double-din, (2) Boss Phantom 12s in custom box, more coming soon...
post #41750 of 43797 (permalink) Old 01-18-2019, 01:01 PM

Called about 50 stores looking for a part, and tightened up my ubolts.
mizterwizard likes this.

2008 GMC 3500 dually
AFE cold air intake, PPE manifold and up pipes, Sinister EGR deleat, AFE hot side pipe, Danville 68mm stg2r turbo, Head studs, Airdogii G 165, PPE race valve, 5" dump exhaust, 3" down pipe, Danville EFI Live, Suncoast Transmission, Dmaxstore tierods/ pitmann/ idler arm.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode