What did you do to your Sierra/Silvy today? - Page 4176 - Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum
General Discussion General Diesel Discussion.

20451Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #41751 of 44558 (permalink) Old 01-18-2019, 03:50 PM
DuramaxForum Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbrdixie View Post
Called about 50 stores looking for a part, and tightened up my ubolts.
We tend to forget about how things were done before the internet. I can remember sitting at the kitchen table with the yellow pages open to the car parts section and a note pad next to it while I called every listing there to find the parts I needed. I haven't done that for many years but it used to be the only way.

Now I spend a few minutes with a duckduckgo search, then a few more checking out all of the open tabs and then wait a few days for the part to arrive, assuming I didn't find it on a local parts store's site. I don't know if I spend any less time searching for the parts but I'm more certain that I got the best deals and the right parts.

I remember spending hours going through the JCWhitney and Summit racing catalogs. Now I just go to their online pages. RockAuto is my go to parts store these days. The world has changed.
mray likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #41752 of 44558 (permalink) Old 01-18-2019, 04:29 PM
LHN...We ARE the Joneses

Send a message via Yahoo to Hook'em_Horns! Send a message via Skype™ to Hook'em_Horns!
When you spend a lot of time searching/researching, you can sure tell the difference with the duck vs the goog payoff system for topic relevancy.
mizterwizard likes this.

2007 LBZ 3500 LT3 DRW Crew Cab, Sulastics, Putnam XDR 15K, B&W 30K-Turnover GN+Companion, Ride-Rite Air...EFI'd by Rob
2008 LMM 3500WT DRW Crew Cab, 8 'Flat/GN, Workforce Alum Toolbox, Ride-Rite Air

Use-ta Haves 2006-6.0 3500 WT DRW ExCab Flatbed, 2005-LLY 3500 LS DRW Crew Cab, 2002-LB7 3500 LS DRW Crew Cab
I Live my life in such a way that when my feet hit the floor in the morning...Satan shudders & says "Oh shit, he's awake!"
post #41753 of 44558 (permalink) Old 01-18-2019, 04:31 PM

Garage
UPS man always bringing shiny gifts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
1TRIKHD, M.A.M., toxic and 1 others like this.

2007.5 CCSB LMM
EFI live ECM Tuning by PPEI
S369SXE by WCFab
Fass 150GPH
XDP Sump

Instagram: 07Dmaxx
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #41754 of 44558 (permalink) Old 01-18-2019, 05:10 PM
DuramaxForum Enthusiast

Don't drop it on your toe.

I've never used duckduckgo, maybe I'll give it a duckduckgo... Teehee

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
07Dmaxx93 likes this.

Chad
04.5 4x4 ~160k miles
DE 4", 5100s, LBZ MP, S&B LBZ air, KoryWillis Go-go Juice, Insight CTS, ADII, 8' Fisher, Highroller Ultimate Idler Arm, Profab delete, XD RareParts tie rods

Dirtymax this, Dirtymax that... :taunt
post #41755 of 44558 (permalink) Old 01-18-2019, 05:51 PM
DuramaxForum Enthusiast

I think you get more thorough results fro google but I've become something of a privacy fanatic. I just don't like how intrusive the world has become. I mainly use duckduckgo because they don't keep track of me. If I don't find what I want there then I use google. There are some other options but yahoo, bing and many others are either just as bad for privacy as google or are actually front ends for google or some other tracking search engine. There are some other search engines that are worth considering but this is a truck forum so that's enough said about that.
Babyhauler likes this.
post #41756 of 44558 (permalink) Old 01-18-2019, 05:57 PM
LHN...We ARE the Joneses

Send a message via Yahoo to Hook'em_Horns! Send a message via Skype™ to Hook'em_Horns!
Tracking, yeah no bueno. Plus, I don't wanna feed the evil Empire.
I also hate the goog propensity to waste my time with 3rd party searchers designed to appear as an actual source.
mizterwizard likes this.

2007 LBZ 3500 LT3 DRW Crew Cab, Sulastics, Putnam XDR 15K, B&W 30K-Turnover GN+Companion, Ride-Rite Air...EFI'd by Rob
2008 LMM 3500WT DRW Crew Cab, 8 'Flat/GN, Workforce Alum Toolbox, Ride-Rite Air

Use-ta Haves 2006-6.0 3500 WT DRW ExCab Flatbed, 2005-LLY 3500 LS DRW Crew Cab, 2002-LB7 3500 LS DRW Crew Cab
I Live my life in such a way that when my feet hit the floor in the morning...Satan shudders & says "Oh shit, he's awake!"
post #41757 of 44558 (permalink) Old 01-18-2019, 05:58 PM
DuramaxForum Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by 07Dmaxx93 View Post
UPS man always bringing shiny gifts.

It must be fun to be a UPS man sometimes. I bet people are always telling them how glad they are to see them. It must be like being Santa all year round.

Of course there will be lots of people who complain about why they didn't come yesterday or some such but I still think it would be fun in a way.
07Dmaxx93 likes this.
post #41758 of 44558 (permalink) Old 01-19-2019, 07:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mizterwizard View Post
It must be fun to be a UPS man sometimes. I bet people are always telling them how glad they are to see them. It must be like being Santa all year round.

Of course there will be lots of people who complain about why they didn't come yesterday or some such but I still think it would be fun in a way.
Up untill you run into a mean, bloodthirsty, evil, man-eating, mongrel hell bent on eating your face

We live in a rural area and pretty much only have one guy. Our long time driver retired last year, he was a dog person, carried treats on his truck and every time he made a delivery I would have to drag my dog off his truck so he could leave. He retired last year and the first time the new guy came to my house he pulls up, throws the truck in park and disappears into the back. As he’s stepping out the door he runs head on into my 125lbs Great Dane. Driver screams like a girl, trips backward over the seat and winds up in the floor of the truck kicking wildly to fend off this killer beast. My dog was severely abused by his first owner so when the driver screamed he wheeled around and ran for his life with his tail tucked. I almost passed out, laughing so hard I couldn’t breathe . Turns out new guy is scared of big dogs, I think he got into a bad line of work
ChevyDMax89 and mizterwizard like this.

16’ C.C. LT. Tinted, Weather Techs, Boost Tow mirrors, leveled/Moto930s/35”s, Kennedy, Ridge Runner, May Truck Parts exhaust
post #41759 of 44558 (permalink) Old 01-19-2019, 08:19 AM
DuramaxForum Enthusiast

Hit 130k in my LBZ this week, greased the front end, rotate the tires, up to about 47k on this set, maybe they'll last another 20k or so. Also installed some new led drl
1TRIKHD likes this.

2006 LBZ 2500 CCSB 2WD
EFI LIVE, DSP5, Edge CTS & EGT probe, PPE airbox mod, AFE hotside pipe, PPE manifolds/uppipes, MBRP DP, MBRP 4" side dumped, Sinister coldside pipe, pcv reroute, Beans sump, Kennedy lift pump, dual filters, coolant bypass filtration, Nuc Motorsports Oil Bypass kit, LML 20s & 265/60R20s, tint, LEDS, some chrome
ALABAMA LBZ Build Thread
post #41760 of 44558 (permalink) Old 01-19-2019, 08:51 AM
DuramaxForum Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAMAWHISTLER View Post
Hit 130k in my LBZ this week, greased the front end, rotate the tires, up to about 47k on this set, maybe they'll last another 20k or so. Also installed some new led drl
I'm at 101k bama

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

2006 Victory Red CCLB LT3 LBZ
Tuned by Blake Crenshaw
SDP Fully Built Trans w/ Billet Goerend G Converter
S472 SX-E.87/1.0ar sitting on a Wagler street intake W/ a twisted pedestal
Stock Sticks
Special thanks to Scott with Screaming Diesel Performance
Blake with Unleashed Duramax tuning
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode