What did you do to your Sierra/Silvy today? - Page 4258 - Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum
General Discussion General Diesel Discussion.

19781Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #42571 of 43797 (permalink) Old 04-24-2019, 07:28 PM
DuramaxForum Enthusiast

I didn't understand it in pictures, I don't understand it in person. Why the melted face?

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Chad
04.5 4x4 ~160k miles
DE 4", 5100s, LBZ MP, S&B LBZ air, KoryWillis Go-go Juice, Insight CTS, ADII, 8' Fisher, Highroller Ultimate Idler Arm, Profab delete, XD RareParts tie rods

Dirtymax this, Dirtymax that... :taunt
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42572 of 43797 (permalink) Old 04-25-2019, 06:54 AM
Duramax Lifetime Supporter

Took mine to a local Discount Tire to have a flat fixed. I got there at 4:45. They had it done by 5:00, their closing time.
Very Happy!

2008 Silverado 2500HD CCSB LTZ Diesel
FASS 95 Lift Pump (with Baldwin filters), Edge Insight CTS Monitor on a Windshield Mount, Nicktane Fuel Filter Adapter w/ CAT 306-9199 UHE tertiary fuel filter, Bilstein 5100 Stock Height, Bushwacker Bed Rail Caps, AMP Research Bedstep, Fumoto oil drain valve, Dorman PS Oil cooler, Pioneer AVIC 7200NEX GPS/Stereo, Air Lift LoadLifter 5000 Air Bags.
post #42573 of 43797 (permalink) Old 04-25-2019, 11:17 AM
DuramaxForum Enthusiast

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 407driver View Post
Took mine to a local Discount Tire to have a flat fixed. I got there at 4:45. They had it done by 5:00, their closing time.

Very Happy!

I made an appt last Oct to get new tires on the wife’s rig. Show up and they’re like “ we’re closing early today for a company get together, but we’ll still get you done”. They had all 4 new tires mounted and balanced in less than 20 minutes I think it was.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
diggetydawg, harnold and TerryRH like this.

Ryan

2006 GMC Sierra 3500 SLT CCLB 4x4

Mods: EGR block, EFI LIVE by Rob (DSP5), Edge Insight CTS2 w/ backup cam and EGT probe, Pacer 07.5+ smoked cab lights, M-A Pump rub fix, TransGo Jr w/ Mike L springs, Russell stainless brake lines.

My Build Thread
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42574 of 43797 (permalink) Old 04-25-2019, 12:49 PM
DuramaxForum Enthusiast

In as much as Discount Tire is a sponsor here it is nice to see that they are doing good. I'm sure there are some horror stories to be told as well. There always are. They are the ones we usually hear about. I'm glad to hear the good stuff too.
post #42575 of 43797 (permalink) Old 04-25-2019, 01:15 PM

If all you ever do is kick people or businesses in the butt it ends up meaning very little.

A pat on the back, when well deserved, goes a long way!

But you are right, I once was told that if you pleased with someone or something you will tell 3 people. If you are displeased you will tell 11.
diggetydawg and mizterwizard like this.

FASS 95 Lift Pump (with Baldwin filters), Edge Insight CTS Monitor on a Windshield Mount, Nicktane Fuel Filter Adapter w/ CAT 306-9199 UHE tertiary fuel filter, Bilstein 5100 Stock Height, Bushwacker Bed Rail Caps, AMP Research Bedstep, Fumoto oil drain valve, Dorman PS Oil cooler, Pioneer AVIC 7200NEX GPS/Stereo, Air Lift LoadLifter 5000 Air Bags.
post #42576 of 43797 (permalink) Old 04-25-2019, 02:39 PM
DuramaxForum Veteran

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 407driver View Post
If all you ever do is kick people or businesses in the butt it ends up meaning very little.

A pat on the back, when well deserved, goes a long way!

But you are right, I once was told that if you pleased with someone or something you will tell 3 people. If you are displeased you will tell 11.
Yep we work on that here too
And those 11 people tell 11 people who tell 11 people and before you know it your blacklisted in this state

RHD 2013 2500HD Silverado WT Regular Cab
Deleted, FASS 150, Moonshine by Tony, Ally Tray, 20in Dicks, All Terrains, LEDs, Lowered and pissing off local drivers daily due to my size
post #42577 of 43797 (permalink) Old 04-25-2019, 03:27 PM
DF Sponsors

Thank you all for the kind words. We do our best to take care of every customer to be best of our ability and treat them as we would treat our family. There are times when things happen for sure but we also take pride in fixing any issues.

We appreciate your support.

Low Prices! More Choices! Trusted Experts!
At The Store: discounttire.com
To Your Door: discounttiredirect.com

Useful Links:
post #42578 of 43797 (permalink) Old 04-25-2019, 03:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Discount Tire View Post
Thank you all for the kind words. We do our best to take care of every customer to be best of our ability and treat them as we would treat our family. There are times when things happen for sure but we also take pride in fixing any issues.

We appreciate your support.
You are most welcome, but I was merely recounting how your people reacted to my moment of need.

Your people did me a good turn and provided me excellent service.

I like doing business with folks like that. I thought others might as well.
diggetydawg and mizterwizard like this.

post #42579 of 43797 (permalink) Old 04-25-2019, 03:32 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by CDmax16 View Post
Washed mine today on one of the first nice days of spring around here. I detailed it last week and then drove her down the 101 to Santa Barbara over the weekend. Got out the foam cannon turned on some Greta Van Fleet and proceeded to drink a twelve pack of Kilt Lifter (with the wife’s help) while washing it. Then I sent my wife and the “hot” neighbor to pick up some chicken wings. The neighbor asked if I wanted bone in or boneless. I just giggled and walked away while my wife stood there and shook her head. She didn’t think it was as funny as I did.. Anyways they were great bone in wings.
It’s the little things.
I laughed so hard at this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverGorillaLML View Post
If you did aftermarket boots or even the stock ones can be a pain. Spray some hairspray on them and they'll slide right on and give it a little extra stick.
Where was this 2 months ago??

Quote:
Originally Posted by novaman64 View Post
Picked it up and flogged on it with the newly built Stage 5 Dmax Store transmission, complete with deep pan and brace.

All set and ready to be installed.

We checked the flow numbers, and mine was low, was showing .6-.7, should be around 1.2. So decided to replace the transmission cooler and the radiator so the new trans would stay cool.

OEM trans cooler and the newly installed Max-Flow Arctic Allison Transmission Cooler

Inside the trans cooler. Looks like the inside of the OEM transcooler was coming apart, explaining the low flow numbers.

Max-Flow Arctic radiator vs OEM radiator
How much thicker are those coolers?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ieetgluu View Post
I didn't understand it in pictures, I don't understand it in person. Why the melted face?

Is that the new 2500HD/3500HD?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Terry
USMC 2001-2016
2002 CCSB 2500HD

http://badges.fuelly.com/images/sig-us/447132.png
post #42580 of 43797 (permalink) Old 04-25-2019, 04:46 PM
DuramaxForum Enthusiast

I believe it's called reaper. An ugly faced Silverado is what I see. At least it's motor options give it something to make up for the dog rear end looking nose.

Chad
04.5 4x4 ~160k miles
DE 4", 5100s, LBZ MP, S&B LBZ air, KoryWillis Go-go Juice, Insight CTS, ADII, 8' Fisher, Highroller Ultimate Idler Arm, Profab delete, XD RareParts tie rods

Dirtymax this, Dirtymax that... :taunt
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode