What did you do to your Sierra/Silvy today? - Page 4274 - Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum
General Discussion General Diesel Discussion.

19781Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #42731 of 43797 (permalink) Old 05-14-2019, 05:18 PM
Duramax Lifetime Supporter

Ive had a small slow coolant leak for a month or so and have been unable to locate the source.

Today after running around town I parked the truck an hour later my wife asked me, Isn't Anti Freeze pink? If so it is dripping under the truck.

Long story short, the white plastic fitting on the outlet for the heater core had cracked. I had not removed them when the EGR cooler fell off, because frankly, at the time, I had no idea they were removable.

As of now they both have been removed and no more leak.

Am I glad it opened up today. We are leaving tomorrow for a 5 day camping trip to Monroe, LA, following the ULL baseball team to the last conference game series of the season. Now I can drive relaxed not worrying about my coolant level constantly.

I would have also replaced the Turbo Cooling hose but could not find any High Heat 3/8" radiator hose in town. I ordered a foot and will change it when the parts come in and I have time to go back into there.
Black HD, mizterwizard and harnold like this.

2008 Silverado 2500HD CCSB LTZ Diesel
FASS 95 Lift Pump (with Baldwin filters), Edge Insight CTS Monitor on a Windshield Mount, Nicktane Fuel Filter Adapter w/ CAT 306-9199 UHE tertiary fuel filter, Bilstein 5100 Stock Height, Bushwacker Bed Rail Caps, AMP Research Bedstep, Fumoto oil drain valve, Dorman PS Oil cooler, Pioneer AVIC 7200NEX GPS/Stereo, Air Lift LoadLifter 5000 Air Bags.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42732 of 43797 (permalink) Old 05-15-2019, 06:41 PM
DuramaxForum n00b

Ordered a new 5" exhaust and an Edge Insight CTS2. Really wish I kept my CTS2 when I got rid of the LLY a couple years ago.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
Josh154 and TerryRH like this.

2008 Chevy 2500HD CCSB LMM
post #42733 of 43797 (permalink) Old 05-15-2019, 07:26 PM
DuramaxForum Enthusiast

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom3 View Post
Ordered a new 5" exhaust and an Edge Insight CTS2. Really wish I kept my CTS2 when I got rid of the LLY a couple years ago.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Itís probably a good thing youíre getting a new one now, the older versions are starting to have issues with the touch screen and they are not repairable. They offer about a 30% discount though, so that helps, not near enough though :/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Tom3 likes this.

Ryan

2006 GMC Sierra 3500 SLT CCLB 4x4

Mods: EGR block, EFI LIVE by Rob (DSP5), Edge Insight CTS2 w/ backup cam and EGT probe, Pacer 07.5+ smoked cab lights, M-A Pump rub fix, TransGo Jr w/ Mike L springs, Russell stainless brake lines.

My Build Thread
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42734 of 43797 (permalink) Old 05-15-2019, 08:48 PM
Duramax Lifetime Supporter

Garage
Changed my oil.
TerryRH likes this.

2019 Chevrolet Silverado 3500HD 6.6L Duramax (L5P) Crew Cab 4x4 SRW Standard Box High Country Loaded w/ Rear Entertainment Package
Fabtech 4Ē Lift w/ 35ís, Luverne Grille Guard w/ Parking Sensor Relocation Kit, Banks Derringer / iDash / Intake / DPF Back Exhaust, Vision Valor Wheels, Bilstein 5100 Series Shocks w/ Front Limit Straps, Front & Rear Hellwig Sway Bars, Airlift Air Bags w/ Wireless Air, DuraFlap Mud Guards
post #42735 of 43797 (permalink) Old 05-16-2019, 07:33 AM
DuramaxForum Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by rparlee View Post
Itís probably a good thing youíre getting a new one now, the older versions are starting to have issues with the touch screen and they are not repairable. They offer about a 30% discount though, so that helps, not near enough though :/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mine was always a piece of shit when I had it. Thatís why Iím not running one on my lml. Would always shut off and I would have to press it 100 times to turn it back on.. the fact that they arenít replacing them and only offering 30% off is a joke as well. Definitely wonít be buying edge products lol

08 CCSB LMM - HSP s369sxe, s&s 10mm cp3, built trans with 1058, Danville tuned. SOLD

18 CCSB Z71 LTZ 1500 - 6.2, 8 speed trans, s&b intake, elite engineering e2x ultra catch can SOLD

16 CCSB Z71 LTZ 2500 - SDP cp3 conversion, exergy sportsman, SDP y bridge intake and intercooler pipes, FASS titanium 165, 5Ē jamo straight pipe, UDP tuned

12.97 @ 103.73
post #42736 of 43797 (permalink) Old 05-16-2019, 08:08 AM
DuramaxForum Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh154 View Post
Mine was always a piece of shit when I had it. Thatís why Iím not running one on my lml. Would always shut off and I would have to press it 100 times to turn it back on.. the fact that they arenít replacing them and only offering 30% off is a joke as well. Definitely wonít be buying edge products lol
2 things I noticed that can cause Insight issues one is the way you run the probe cable (per edge) and the hot sun beating thru the windshield cooking the Insight.
That little plastic box in between the metal cable and black cable really needs to be out of the engines compartment.

After mine cooked then Edge sending me a new probe cable that black plastic box is now inside the cab.
With the sun beating thru the windshield especially when parked my Insight would go blank until the cab cooled down.
After I put a little insulated cover on the top, I no longer have this issue even on 120* days.
This might look a little funky, but I no longer have issues with the sun cooking my CTS2.

When you Insight goes blank, if it doesnít come back on after the next start-up Iíll unplug it then plug it back in.
Just make sure your paying attention to the screen when it prompts you to select your vehicle, Ford, GM or Dodge to select what you have or all your PID selections might not be there, then youíll have to select what you want again.
Attached Images

Dan
2007.5 GMC Sierra 3500 SRW L.B."BLACK" C.C. 4X4 LMM Z71
DIY stock airbox mod, aFe ProGuard 7, OEM drop-in
EFILive ECM ATP - Heavy Tow Tune with Turbo Brake.
EFILive TCM Duramax Tuner
DHD Cold Side High Flow Intake Pipe
DHD PCV Re-Route
AirDog 4G100

2007 Yukon Denail "BLACK" 6.2 gasser
DIY stock AirBox Mod, K&N, Airaid intake, EFILive TCM only tuning
post #42737 of 43797 (permalink) Old 05-16-2019, 09:41 AM
DuramaxForum Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by 407driver View Post

I would have also replaced the Turbo Cooling hose but could not find any High Heat 3/8" radiator hose in town. I ordered a foot and will change it when the parts come in and I have time to go back into there.
That inlet turbo cooling hose is actually 7/16” ID hose, 3/8” will work but you’ll have to stretch it over the fittings.
I found using soapy water helps.
Also consider changing the turbo outlet cooling hoses, one is a 90* 7/16” molded hose on top of the engine another I uses a straight 7/16” ID hose located around the water pump area.
Both the straight 7/16 ID hose and the 7/16” 90* hose are available at GM.
At least having the proper 7/16” ID 90* hose would be more important.

Dan
DHD PCV Re-Route
AirDog 4G100

post #42738 of 43797 (permalink) Old 05-16-2019, 05:11 PM
DuramaxForum n00b

So I still have the MBRP downpipe I bought for my LLY a few years back. Does anyone know if it would fit on my LMM? I've done some searching and some say it will, others say it wont.

2008 Chevy 2500HD CCSB LMM
post #42739 of 43797 (permalink) Old 05-16-2019, 05:18 PM
DuramaxForum Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom3 View Post
So I still have the MBRP downpipe I bought for my LLY a few years back. Does anyone know if it would fit on my LMM? I've done some searching and some say it will, others say it wont.
Either call MBRP and ask them, you could get the part number off your LLY downpipe then search MBRP part number for your LMM, if they are the same #’s then you’ll know.
OR
You could even look here https://usdieselparts.com/i-13464981...7C%20%24119.99

Dan
DHD PCV Re-Route
AirDog 4G100

Last edited by D_R_C; 05-16-2019 at 05:21 PM.
post #42740 of 43797 (permalink) Old 05-16-2019, 05:52 PM
DuramaxForum n00b

Two months old, 1285 miles on it! Left it sit, can't stand the jerky Allison that my dealer says is normal!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode