What did you do to your Sierra/Silvy today? - Page 4277 - Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum
General Discussion General Diesel Discussion.

19778Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #42761 of 43794 (permalink) Old 05-19-2019, 07:35 PM
LHN...We ARE the Joneses

Send a message via Yahoo to Hook'em_Horns! Send a message via Skype™ to Hook'em_Horns!
Had all of these ambitious plans of washing/detailing and getting some wax laid down.

Muggy and index near 100....barely got all that acreage cleaned (LB/CC/DRW), gave in and fired up the house AC to hibernate.

Usually try and wait 'till Memorial Day, but the heat came early this year.
jwcgmc1985 and 407driver like this.

2007 LBZ 3500 LT3 DRW Crew Cab, Sulastics, Putnam XDR 15K, B&W 30K-Turnover GN+Companion, Ride-Rite Air...EFI'd by Rob
2008 LMM 3500WT DRW Crew Cab, 8 'Flat/GN, Workforce Alum Toolbox, Ride-Rite Air

Use-ta Haves 2006-6.0 3500 WT DRW ExCab Flatbed, 2005-LLY 3500 LS DRW Crew Cab, 2002-LB7 3500 LS DRW Crew Cab
I Live my life in such a way that when my feet hit the floor in the morning...Satan shudders & says "Oh shit, he's awake!"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42762 of 43794 (permalink) Old 05-19-2019, 08:20 PM

Just installed Fleeces PowerFlo 750 along with Danville’s 65mm and an EPC Fooler. Turbo is to loud lol. Just bought an FTE resonator.

White 2012 2500HD LTZ Crew cab Short bed, 5" Mbrp W/O Muffler down pipe back,PPEI by Kory Willis,Rhino Lining,Diamond Eye DownPipe,FASS Titnium Series 165gph, Wehrli Custom Fab Intake bundle EGR Delete, PCV-reroute

GarrettHeyyaa
post #42763 of 43794 (permalink) Old 05-20-2019, 03:10 AM
Duramax Lifetime Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hook'em_Horns! View Post
The beginning of the coolant supply to the turbo, begins at #16 pipe @ the WP.
That small tube in the middle of #16 pipe is where the 4" in length rubber hose (crossover) attaches.

With the front off, when replacing the water pump, that #16 comes off and the WP comes with 3 seals, #20 being one. #17 does not (you'll need one of those if you do your WP).

Easily replaced when doing the WP....not so much in trying to reach (or even see) thru and below everything on the engine front, with everything in place.
Thanks a lot!!

I will add that to the list of things to do when I have to replace my WP.

BTW, I never see any mention of anyone changing #7. Does it never fail, and if it did, what would be the symptoms?

Thanks Again.

2008 Silverado 2500HD CCSB LTZ Diesel
FASS 95 Lift Pump (with Baldwin filters), Edge Insight CTS Monitor on a Windshield Mount, Nicktane Fuel Filter Adapter w/ CAT 306-9199 UHE tertiary fuel filter, Bilstein 5100 Stock Height, Bushwacker Bed Rail Caps, AMP Research Bedstep, Fumoto oil drain valve, Dorman PS Oil cooler, Pioneer AVIC 7200NEX GPS/Stereo, Air Lift LoadLifter 5000 Air Bags.

Last edited by 407driver; 05-20-2019 at 03:14 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42764 of 43794 (permalink) Old 05-20-2019, 04:14 AM
LHN...We ARE the Joneses

Send a message via Yahoo to Hook'em_Horns! Send a message via Skype™ to Hook'em_Horns!
In the abrev part name, it does mention something temperature related.
I've always thought it's purpose was to prevent back flow, in the joining of two return flows to the radiator. It doesn't resemble a coolant t-stat in design, more like a one way flow valve.

I saw the post referring to it as a potential cause of low ECT problems if it was stuck open. Doubt that scenario would make a difference though, as it's such a low volume flow thru a small line.

If it somehow became restrictive/closed, I guess you wouldn't know unless you shredded a turbo from heat issues...as you'd be guessing why it failed. ?

2007 LBZ 3500 LT3 DRW Crew Cab, Sulastics, Putnam XDR 15K, B&W 30K-Turnover GN+Companion, Ride-Rite Air...EFI'd by Rob
2008 LMM 3500WT DRW Crew Cab, 8 'Flat/GN, Workforce Alum Toolbox, Ride-Rite Air

Use-ta Haves 2006-6.0 3500 WT DRW ExCab Flatbed, 2005-LLY 3500 LS DRW Crew Cab, 2002-LB7 3500 LS DRW Crew Cab
I Live my life in such a way that when my feet hit the floor in the morning...Satan shudders & says "Oh shit, he's awake!"

Last edited by Hook'em_Horns!; 05-20-2019 at 04:17 AM.
post #42765 of 43794 (permalink) Old 05-20-2019, 04:50 PM
DuramaxForum Enthusiast

Garage
Send a message via AIM to ChevyDMax89
Quote:
Originally Posted by mizterwizard View Post
If there is some wear that puts metal shavings on the sensor it will not be able to sense the balls and will give false readings to the various modules. The modules will then set a code.
That's what she said....
BTW the ABS light magically disappeared, go figure.
Quote:
Originally Posted by D_R_C View Post
They will tell you which glow plug is bad, thatís pretty much what any scanner will tell you, as far as replacing the ones thatís bad, thatís up to you to do the repair.
Glow plugs are not a main concern right now in FL lol

Quote:
Had all of these ambitious plans of washing/detailing and getting some wax laid down.

Muggy and index near 100....barely got all that acreage cleaned (LB/CC/DRW), gave in and fired up the house AC to hibernate.

Tell me about it!! 93* here today with a heat index of 102*. Supposed to be 98/99 for Memorial Day weekend so I'm sure it'll feel at least 110* then.......

NAME: JIMMY
2006 Silverado 2500HD 4x4 crew cab (black), 20" chrome Moto Metal 962 wheels wrapped with 32x11 Toyo Mud Terrains, 2" wheel spacers, Bilstein 5100 series shocks, Banks Ram-Air Intake, custom straight pipe exhaust w/5" tip, EGR Delete, FASS 150 lift pump, PPEI dsp5 tuned by Kory, Suncoast Gmax 6 w/1056 converter, Edge Insight moniter, 8k HIDs in head/foglights, Limo tint, 7" Pioneer Double-din, (2) Boss Phantom 12s in custom box, more coming soon...
post #42766 of 43794 (permalink) Old 05-20-2019, 05:06 PM
DuramaxForum Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChevyDMax89 View Post
I was born at night, but not last night sir. CTS or autocal would only pull the recurring glow plug codes and an ECM/TCM error. Now that doesn't tell me too much does it?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
I’ve pulled way more codes with my CTS and AutoCal more than what your claiming, that’s what your bitching about, I don’t really care where your located.
Maybe a little more educating on how to read and pull codes with these devices would help. LOL

Dan
2007.5 GMC Sierra 3500 SRW L.B."BLACK" C.C. 4X4 LMM Z71
DIY stock airbox mod, aFe ProGuard 7, OEM drop-in
EFILive ECM ATP - Heavy Tow Tune with Turbo Brake.
EFILive TCM Duramax Tuner
DHD Cold Side High Flow Intake Pipe
DHD PCV Re-Route
AirDog 4G100

2007 Yukon Denail "BLACK" 6.2 gasser
DIY stock AirBox Mod, K&N, Airaid intake, EFILive TCM only tuning
post #42767 of 43794 (permalink) Old 05-20-2019, 05:27 PM
DuramaxForum Enthusiast

Garage
Send a message via AIM to ChevyDMax89
Quote:
Originally Posted by D_R_C View Post
I’ve pulled way more codes with my CTS and AutoCal more than what your claiming, that’s what your bitching about, I don’t really care where your located.
Maybe a little more educating on how to read and pull codes with these devices would help. LOL
Maybe YOU'RE the one who needs some education. Try using proper grammar next time.
To YOUR "point", I'm not bitching about how many codes my autocal or CTS pulls or doesn't pull. All I was saying was "ECM/TCM malfunction" is pretty generic.....

NAME: JIMMY
2006 Silverado 2500HD 4x4 crew cab (black), 20" chrome Moto Metal 962 wheels wrapped with 32x11 Toyo Mud Terrains, 2" wheel spacers, Bilstein 5100 series shocks, Banks Ram-Air Intake, custom straight pipe exhaust w/5" tip, EGR Delete, FASS 150 lift pump, PPEI dsp5 tuned by Kory, Suncoast Gmax 6 w/1056 converter, Edge Insight moniter, 8k HIDs in head/foglights, Limo tint, 7" Pioneer Double-din, (2) Boss Phantom 12s in custom box, more coming soon...
post #42768 of 43794 (permalink) Old 05-20-2019, 05:55 PM
DuramaxForum Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChevyDMax89 View Post
Maybe YOU'RE the one who needs some education. Try using proper grammar next time.
To YOUR "point", I'm not bitching about how many codes my autocal or CTS pulls or doesn't pull. All I was saying was "ECM/TCM malfunction" is pretty generic.....
Don't listen to those two guys. Did you check the hubs for play? Did you check all your speed sensor connections? Are the connections dry? If you look at all those and everything seems good, you will need to get your hands on a good scanner. The cts and auto call will not read abs codes. You might be able to see the speed sensors with the cts and keep an eye on them while you drive to see if that is your problem. Auto cal might be able to do it too but you will only be able to watch one at a time while drive after you program the auto cal. I have not looked in to this with the auto cal and I don't have a cts so I'm only offering my suggestions....

LBZ
post #42769 of 43794 (permalink) Old 05-21-2019, 06:04 AM

had a rattle, right rear. Found the MBRP muffler that was on the truck to be cracked the entire circumference at the front plate.

Wanted to get a Stainless Flo Pro but could not find any in stock, so I went with a Stainless MagnaFlow instead.

The biggest PITA was getting the front muffler end off the pipe because they used those cheap ass old style clamps to put the system together/ I replaced them with band clamps.

GTG now though. about 1 hr 15 minutes start to finish.
harnold likes this.

FASS 95 Lift Pump (with Baldwin filters), Edge Insight CTS Monitor on a Windshield Mount, Nicktane Fuel Filter Adapter w/ CAT 306-9199 UHE tertiary fuel filter, Bilstein 5100 Stock Height, Bushwacker Bed Rail Caps, AMP Research Bedstep, Fumoto oil drain valve, Dorman PS Oil cooler, Pioneer AVIC 7200NEX GPS/Stereo, Air Lift LoadLifter 5000 Air Bags.
post #42770 of 43794 (permalink) Old 05-21-2019, 06:10 AM

Quote:

Happens to us all as we age Hook.

The mind stays around 29 or so when we could do ANYTHING we wanted.

Now I find, several decades later, that the body won't perform as well or for as long as it once would.

Youth is Wasted on the young!

Quote:
In the abrev part name, it does mention something temperature related.
I've always thought it's purpose was to prevent back flow, in the joining of two return flows to the radiator. It doesn't resemble a coolant t-stat in design, more like a one way flow valve.

I saw the post referring to it as a potential cause of low ECT problems if it was stuck open. Doubt that scenario would make a difference though, as it's such a low volume flow thru a small line.

If it somehow became restrictive/closed, I guess you wouldn't know unless you shredded a turbo from heat issues...as you'd be guessing why it failed. ?
I don't see lots of posts for failed Turbos for heat related issues so I guess I will satisfy myself with just changing that hose out as a potential future coolant leak.

Last edited by 407driver; 05-21-2019 at 06:14 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode