What did you do to your Sierra/Silvy today? - Page 4284 - Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum
General Discussion General Diesel Discussion.

19603Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #42831 of 43506 (permalink) Old 05-28-2019, 11:40 AM

Gave it a quick bath yesterday. Seems like the paint flaking is getting worse. What is it with GM and white paint? It can't be that hard to get right. Has anyone had any luck getting GM to fix anything like this? Truck has just under 60k miles, is a 2015, and is far from abused. Theres absolutely no reason this should be happening, and no way in hell its from rock chips. I'm the second owner, not sure if that will matter to them.

Also this started BEFORE the wide wheels went on, when it was still on stockers.
Attached Images

Current: 2015 GMC 2500. Tuned on 22x12s and 325s.

2003 TT Cobra

Previous: 2000 7.3, 2004 5.9, 2005 LLY
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42832 of 43506 (permalink) Old 05-28-2019, 04:00 PM

Took another camping trip with it, and sadly never thought to get a picture of the truck and camper.

I know, Iím disappointed in myself.

Did great. Did a little test with and without the equalizer weight distribution hitch and there was a noticeable difference in ride quality with the bars attached, seemed much smoother with the bars than without.

Even though I donít really need them, Iíll continue to use them for any high speed driving (I do take them off in curvy campground roads as they were a little noisy, though some grease on the head seems to have quietened it down).

Was fun doing a full lock turn in the cul-de-sac at the end of the campground in the dark, having to back up even to get a tighter turn out of it, (Iíd have not been able to do this without the truckís rear view camera, I was mere inches away from the bumper).

Iíd have never thought a long bed dually would turn a 32í travel trailer in that small of a spot, but it did.

I did get the clevis pin fr8terfxr had mentioned in the camper towing pics thread and this worked great at keeping the cord out of the way, even worked after Iíd wrapped the pipe insulation around the cord.

Had to stop and clean the shorts out however....

Was leaving on the park entrance road (unlined road with a speed limit of 25, but thatís too fast for a full size truck and camper really) approaching a right hand corner and here comes a Cummins with some shirtless dude and a cowboy hat barreling around it with a 25í+ travel trailer in tow taking up the entire road.

So I slammed on the brakes, anti-locks on front working overtime, and kept hugging the ditch line waiting for impact. Probably lucky I didnít slide the front end into him.

He jerks it over to his curb, but wasnít slowing down much, until his trailer was at my front fender, then he seemed to finally realize the predicament his sh1tty driving had put us into and slammed on his brakes, by that time though I was stopped.

He got slowed down enough to get by me, him checking his mirror seeing if heíd cleared me, and my hand thrown out my window showing my sheer displeasure at his driving abilities.

The rest of the trip home was uneventful, and now the LMM is down getting the bi-yearly oil and filter change in preparation for the next trip.

And ordered up some pto plate gaskets from merchant, hopefully thatíll stop the slightly seeping Allison.

2010 GMC Sierra 3500HD SLT 4x4 CCLB DRW LMM D/A
post #42833 of 43506 (permalink) Old 05-28-2019, 07:04 PM
DuramaxForum n00b

Over the last 2 weeks, installed the Edge CTS2 Insight, changed the oil and installed the 5" exhaust. Still need to change the fuel filter one of these days.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

2008 Chevy 2500HD CCSB LMM
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42834 of 43506 (permalink) Old 05-28-2019, 07:08 PM
DuramaxForum Fanatic

Ordered a set of the new fass filter. Will change them out in two months.

LBZ
post #42835 of 43506 (permalink) Old 05-29-2019, 04:59 AM
Duramax Lifetime Supporter

Drove the 01 to work again, son ordered tranny tunes and a Edge CTS 2 for the 2011.

2001 2500HD 4WD EXTENDED CAB LS,
S&B CAI, 4" STAINLESS STEEL EXHAUST, EFI LIVE FROM ATP TRUCKS, EDGE CTS, PPE BOOST VALVE, BANKS INTERCOOLER PIPE, AIR DOG II 165, REBUILT TRANNY WITH SUNCOAST KIT, TRANSGO SHIFTKIT AND BILLIT TORQUE CONVERTER, NEW UPGRADED TAILSHAFT, PUMP RUB FIX ON TRANSFER WITH NEW ALUMINUM TAIL SHAFT, NEW TOW MIRRORS, NEW GAGE HEAVY DUTY FRONT AND REAR BUMPERS, BEANS SUMP, FUMOTO VALVE, RARE PARTS TIE RODS WITH COGNITO PISK, MAD JACK FUEL FILTER ACCESS DOOR, STAINLESS STEEL SPEED BLEEDERS.
2011 GMC 3500HD DUALLY Welding Bed, 4WD CREW CAB, 4" downpipe back exhaust, def delete, egr delete, with new LB7 up pipe, pcv reroute, Fass 150, EFI live with DSP 5, HSP CAI. Air Lift Air bags. PPEI transmission tune.
post #42836 of 43506 (permalink) Old 05-29-2019, 05:58 AM
DuramaxForum Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalMike View Post
Ordered a set of the new fass filter. Will change them out in two months.

How often do you change your fass filters?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #42837 of 43506 (permalink) Old 05-29-2019, 06:08 AM
DuramaxForum Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by LML6600DMAX View Post
How often do you change your fass filters?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I do it yearly. Or 15/30k miles what ever comes first. I usually drive about 15k miles a year so it fall in line with the yearly filters changes. I also have a pressure gauge I watch every now and then. If I see the pressure dropping I would change them.
LML6600DMAX likes this.

LBZ
post #42838 of 43506 (permalink) Old 05-29-2019, 07:52 AM
DuramaxForum Veteran

Garage
Added a steering wheel cover, just to make other owners cringe!
Attached Images

2018 3500HD LTZ DRW

My build thread https://www.duramaxforum.com/forum/b...lly-build.html

GM DRW club member #224
post #42839 of 43506 (permalink) Old 05-29-2019, 12:08 PM
LHN...We ARE the Joneses

Send a message via Yahoo to Hook'em_Horns! Send a message via Skype™ to Hook'em_Horns!

Oh, the horror!

2007 LBZ 3500 LT3 DRW Crew Cab, Sulastics, Putnam XDR 15K, B&W 30K-Turnover GN+Companion, Ride-Rite Air...EFI'd by Rob
2008 LMM 3500WT DRW Crew Cab, 8 'Flat/GN, Workforce Alum Toolbox, Ride-Rite Air

Use-ta Haves 2006-6.0 3500 WT DRW ExCab Flatbed, 2005-LLY 3500 LS DRW Crew Cab, 2002-LB7 3500 LS DRW Crew Cab
I Live my life in such a way that when my feet hit the floor in the morning...Satan shudders & says "Oh shit, he's awake!"
post #42840 of 43506 (permalink) Old 05-29-2019, 03:26 PM

I put a new one in my company truck today, itís Mossy Oak camo, matches the seat covers, cause nothing screams redneck goober like camo all over the interior
Minerigger likes this.

16í C.C. LT. Tinted, Weather Techs, Boost Tow mirrors, leveled on 35ish, Ridge Runner
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode