Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

What did you do to your Sierra/Silvy today?

5M views 48K replies 2K participants last post by  HipPopPottedMouse 
#1 ·
Don't know if this was ever posted. Very simple. Just tell us what you did to ur truck/van today.

Fixed the pass front brake line that I can only imagine how long it had been kinked when I found it. Spliced in a new piece that I borrowed(hehe) from the wife's uncle.

See less See more
#48,101 ·
CTS2 touch screen went goofy. I've had it since '16. Edge gives you 25% off a replacement. I got the CTS3 & put it in. They have an adaptor for the 3 to fit the dash pod I have for the 2. Gotta play with different screens to find numbers big enough for my old eyes to see. There is only one screen that allows serial switching of EFILive tunes, not a pull down like on the CTS2. I may set that as screen 2.

Reactions: 23dirtymax
#48,102 ·
is there something inherently wrong w/ 2016 denali duramax readiness of modules.my fcking shitbox failed again this year for 2 readiness tests.no check engine,no codes
I swear,I'm about ready to sell this thing.now I have to drive around again w/ my scan tool waiting for 1 of these tests to clear.
I'm beyond pissed off.should have never gotten rid of my 02.

#48,105 ·
Not today, but I haven't been on here much, but I added a wireless phone charging stand that allows my Fold 3 phone to be open (portrait or landscape), or closed if I want, and works with my case (unlike the built-in wireless charger, which I also don't like because there's nothing keeping the phone in the slot during a hard brake or crash). I put it in the little square storage space in front of the tow brake control, after removing the rubber bottom for it (it has a hole that it pops out of, but thankfully said hole doesn't affect the sticky suction cup of the charger stand). The phone sitting in it does block some of the view (when driving) of the row of buttons just above the open storage space, but they're not something I constantly need to access, so that's fine to need to lean forward to find one when needed. Took the pics with my phone so don't have a pic of the phone in it. There's a button on the back of where the phone goes that turns the phone to portrait orientation once in the charger. It has a silent fan that keeps the charging phone cool, too.

Hood Motor vehicle Automotive design Bumper Automotive exterior

Gear shift Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive design Automotive lighting

Gear shift Hood Vehicle Car Motor vehicle

When plugged into the USB, two circles where the coils are (around those white + signs) light up in a dashed line, but I had it unplugged here since I wasn't sure it would turn off since it was still on after turning the truck off and opening the door, but I guess it just takes longer. Anyway, I also forgot to bring the cable it came with into the truck thinking one I already had in there for any passengers to use would work, but I forgot they're all retractable multi-end cables, so that doesn't look good and I'll eventually get the other cable in there.

I also had to replace my bullet antenna because the top half of it became unscrewed and flew off while driving on the highway! 😳 I hope it didn't hit any other vehicles as I don't know when exactly it happened during that drive. The bottom part was very loose, too, when I checked it out after. I used Loctite Blue on every screwed-in part on the new one (same one as before) so it shouldn't happen again. Could have been from the huge wind storms we had, or just the driving, not sure, but I recommend checking your antennas!

Reactions: 22DMaxJD and 1997