What did you do to your Sierra/Silvy today? - Page 4342 - Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum
General Discussion General Diesel Discussion.

20061Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #43411 of 44160 (permalink) Old 09-06-2019, 07:07 PM
DuramaxForum Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TB673 View Post
What crapped out?
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoBlowSnow View Post
The electronics.
Something in the touch screen/software is screwed up. It randomly changes audio inputs, stations, songs, turns Siri on, moves the favorites buttons up/down on the screen, and changes my gauge cluster from any of the info pages to the media page. After a bit, the touch screen is useless and only the physical buttons will work. The tech (friend of mine) swapped in a different unit from another truck and all the problems went away. Using his scantool he could see the screen commanding the dash to change.

Casey
2016 Denali 3500HD - Starting from scratch.
Drop shackles. 285/75R18 RTs on Factory Wheels.

2018 Silverado 2500HD - Sold
2015 Silverado 2500HD - Sold
2012 Silverado 2500HD - Sold
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #43412 of 44160 (permalink) Old 09-06-2019, 07:13 PM
DuramaxForum Enthusiast

Garage
Send a message via AIM to ChevyDMax89
Quote:
Originally Posted by pigpen23 View Post

Something in the touch screen/software is screwed up. It randomly changes audio inputs, stations, songs, turns Siri on, moves the favorites buttons up/down on the screen, and changes my gauge cluster from any of the info pages to the media page. After a bit, the touch screen is useless and only the physical buttons will work. The tech (friend of mine) swapped in a different unit from another truck and all the problems went away. Using his scantool he could see the screen commanding the dash to change.
Sounds like that unit was made on a Friday lol. Possibly a Monday....

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

NAME: JIMMY
2006 Silverado 2500HD 4x4 crew cab (black), 20" chrome Moto Metal 962 wheels wrapped with 32x11 Toyo Mud Terrains, 2" wheel spacers, Bilstein 5100 series shocks, Banks Ram-Air Intake, custom straight pipe exhaust w/5" tip, EGR Delete, FASS 150 lift pump, PPEI dsp5 tuned by Kory, Suncoast Gmax 6 w/1056 converter, Edge Insight moniter, 8k HIDs in head/foglights, Limo tint, 7" Pioneer Double-din, (2) Boss Phantom 12s in custom box, more coming soon...
post #43413 of 44160 (permalink) Old 09-06-2019, 07:26 PM
DuramaxForum Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChevyDMax89 View Post
Sounds like that unit was made on a Friday lol. Possibly a Monday....

Lol Ive had very few issues that I had to pay for on my 12, 15, or 18 so go figure its time I gotta pay for something on this one. Hopefully my good luck continues

Casey

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #43414 of 44160 (permalink) Old 09-06-2019, 07:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pigpen23 View Post

I have the same issues starting up, screen flickers and then goes dead. Randomly needs to be powered back on, thought it was because of usb connection with android auto causing the problem, also happened when only streaming Bluetooth to the truck.
Dunno.. good time for and audio upgrade I guess

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
post #43415 of 44160 (permalink) Old 09-06-2019, 07:57 PM
DuramaxForum Enthusiast

Garage
What did you do to your Sierra/Silvy today?

Im guessing youre out of warranty or dont have one because youre not the original owner or something like that?

Ryan

2006 GMC Sierra 3500 SLT CCLB 4x4

Mods: EGR block, EFI LIVE by Rob (DSP5), Edge Insight CTS2 w/ backup cam and EGT probe, Pacer 07.5+ smoked cab lights, M-A Pump rub fix, TransGo Jr w/ Mike L springs, Russell stainless brake lines.

My Build Thread

Last edited by rparlee; 09-06-2019 at 10:02 PM.
post #43416 of 44160 (permalink) Old 09-06-2019, 11:58 PM
DuramaxForum Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChevyDMax89 View Post
Then a guy in a LB7 stalled out at the traffic light next to the tire shop. He immediately got out and started priming the filter head. I felt like he should know about the o-ring rebuild kit but the guy had just picked one up from NAPA haha. At least I had good intentions on letting him know.
They say that good intentions make good pavement but I disagree. It is intent, coupled with follow through, that makes all of the difference in life.
post #43417 of 44160 (permalink) Old 09-07-2019, 01:26 AM
DuramaxForum Veteran

Garage
I'm still getting a slow crank every now and then, not slow slow but slower than the norm.
It pretty much only does it when it's been running, but if it does it on the first morning start up it puffs a bit more diesel smoke than normal but I assume that's just the slow start?
It's got me stuffed, I've checked the batteries, the cables, load tested.
No idea?

RHD 2013 2500HD Silverado WT Regular Cab
Deleted, FASS 150, Moonshine by Tony, Ally Tray, 20in Dicks, All Terrains, LEDs, Lowered and pissing off local drivers daily due to my size
post #43418 of 44160 (permalink) Old 09-07-2019, 05:44 AM
DuramaxForum Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWhiteHouse View Post
I have the same issues starting up, screen flickers and then goes dead. Randomly needs to be powered back on, thought it was because of usb connection with android auto causing the problem, also happened when only streaming Bluetooth to the truck.
Dunno.. good time for and audio upgrade I guess

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
My screen never flickered or went dead, but may be the same issue. I've also read that it when issues happen with these units it could be the HMI or HMI cord or something like that. Good luck with an upgrade, the ones I've found are not cheap alternatives. Watch this video, it may help you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rparlee View Post
Im guessing youre out of warranty or dont have one because youre not the original owner or something like that?
Out of bump to bumper warranty...joys of buying used I guess!

Casey

post #43419 of 44160 (permalink) Old 09-07-2019, 01:47 PM
DuramaxForum Enthusiast

Garage
Send a message via AIM to ChevyDMax89
Pops and I got the hub assembly swapped out this morning. Would've been done in about 45 minutes from wheel off to wheel on if it weren't for spending another 45 minutes trying to find my impact extension and adapter

NAME: JIMMY
2006 Silverado 2500HD 4x4 crew cab (black), 20" chrome Moto Metal 962 wheels wrapped with 32x11 Toyo Mud Terrains, 2" wheel spacers, Bilstein 5100 series shocks, Banks Ram-Air Intake, custom straight pipe exhaust w/5" tip, EGR Delete, FASS 150 lift pump, PPEI dsp5 tuned by Kory, Suncoast Gmax 6 w/1056 converter, Edge Insight moniter, 8k HIDs in head/foglights, Limo tint, 7" Pioneer Double-din, (2) Boss Phantom 12s in custom box, more coming soon...
post #43420 of 44160 (permalink) Old 09-07-2019, 04:33 PM

Taped up some now unused electrical connections, cut out the reducing cone on the factory tip with some very careful torch work and took it for a little drive. Was going to drop the DEF tank but decided to put that off tomorrow.

Love the extra power, throttle response is way better than stock, its got a great rumbly sound and no drone at all. Not worrying about it sitting at the dealer ever again waiting on backordered emissions parts is a huge plus as well.
pigpen23, M.A.M., toxic and 1 others like this.

16 C.C. LT. Tinted, Weather Techs, Boost Tow mirrors, leveled on 35s, Kennedy pump, Ridge Runner, May Truck Parts exhaust
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode