What did you do to your Sierra/Silvy today? - Page 4403 - Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum
General Discussion General Diesel Discussion.

20473Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #44021 of 44579 (permalink) Old 11-17-2019, 10:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveLLY View Post
I didn't get the edge camera because of price. Bought amazon license plate frame with camera (Etsy ?) and hooked up to my aftermarket radio. Works fine - bought it primarily to ease hitching up bumper pull. However, if I had to do again, I would opt for the tailgate handle with camera built in. Much better perspective.
You make a great point. My wife’s 4Runner has that higher perspective angle and when driving the duramax I really miss the camera, especially at night because of all the tint.

One PITA I’ve noticed is everytime I run it through the tunnel wash they fold the mirrors in and I can never get the angle right on the pass side when I fold them back out on the first shot.

I really need those automatic ones so I don’t have to get in and out 20 times. I’m going to try to scratch a line in the mirror so I can just fold it back out to the line for temporary... that should work for now.

2008 Gmc CC 2500 6.6l- deleted, 5inch exhaust- cold air box intake- FASS - tuned but no clue which one! 130k miles and hauls balls but guzzles the green.

Just bought CTS2 and EFI LIVE w 5 way switch- in the mail!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #44022 of 44579 (permalink) Old 11-17-2019, 10:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motodrew View Post
Quote:
I would opt for the tailgate handle with camera built in. Much better perspective.
I have an aftermarket camera that I mounted using velcro tape on top of the hitch. I have another piece of velcro taped onto the bumper above the hitch. Once I get close to hooking up, I move the camera over to the bumper (camera faces down) for aligning the hitch perfectly. Might be an alternative fix for you as well.
Thank you!

2008 Gmc CC 2500 6.6l- deleted, 5inch exhaust- cold air box intake- FASS - tuned but no clue which one! 130k miles and hauls balls but guzzles the green.

post #44023 of 44579 (permalink) Old 11-17-2019, 06:44 PM
DuramaxForum Veteran

Well, not my truck but spent the weekend working on my brother's truck. 2003 ECLB 4x4. Like me, he's been driving this truck since new so he's had it a while.

Replaced or installed:
Lower control arm bushings
upper and lower idler arm
both front wheel hubs
Bilstein 5100s
inner and outer tie rod ends
all 8 body and radiator to frame bushings
ChevyDMax89 likes this.

2002 Chevy 2500HD Crew - Original owner - 410,000 miles so far. All stock with the exception of a lift pump.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #44024 of 44579 (permalink) Old 11-17-2019, 06:44 PM
DuramaxForum Enthusiast

Garage
Send a message via AIM to ChevyDMax89
Ordered replacement filters for the FASS last night. Went with Fleetguard this time around instead of Baldwin. Relatively same specs, and I'm gonna like the white filters under my black truck instead of the bright red Baldwins (yeah the weird things bug me). Anyone have experience with the Fleetguard filters? I got both the FF and WS for under $20 and free shipping..

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
toxic likes this.

NAME: JIMMY
2006 Silverado 2500HD 4x4 crew cab (black), 20" chrome Moto Metal 962 wheels wrapped with 32x11 Toyo Mud Terrains, 2" wheel spacers, Bilstein 5100 series shocks, Banks Ram-Air Intake, custom straight pipe exhaust w/5" tip, EGR Delete, FASS 150 lift pump, PPEI dsp5 tuned by Kory, Suncoast Gmax 6 w/1056 converter, Edge Insight moniter, 8k HIDs in head/foglights, Limo tint, 7" Pioneer Double-din, (2) Boss Phantom 12s in custom box, more coming soon...
post #44025 of 44579 (permalink) Old 11-17-2019, 08:05 PM
DuramaxForum Enthusiast

Garage
Quote:
I didn't get the edge camera because of price. Bought amazon license plate frame with camera (Etsy ?) and hooked up to my aftermarket radio. Works fine - bought it primarily to ease hitching up bumper pull. However, if I had to do again, I would opt for the tailgate handle with camera built in. Much better perspective.

Make sure you get a reverse image camera. I mounted mine up high to the tailgate handle bezel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ryan

2006 GMC Sierra 3500 SLT CCLB 4x4

Mods: EGR block, EFI LIVE by Rob (DSP5), Edge Insight CTS2 w/ backup cam and EGT probe, Pacer 07.5+ smoked cab lights, M-A Pump rub fix, TransGo Jr w/ Mike L springs, Russell stainless brake lines.

My Build Thread
post #44026 of 44579 (permalink) Old 11-17-2019, 11:06 PM

VERY GOOD POINT!!

Thank you!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rparlee View Post
Quote:

Make sure you get a reverse image camera. I mounted mine up high to the tailgate handle bezel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

post #44027 of 44579 (permalink) Old 11-17-2019, 11:07 PM

The only issue I have- Is I installed a fifth wheel tailgate, because I bought this truck to haul our new 5th wheel....

So perspective might not be that much better! 😕

post #44028 of 44579 (permalink) Old 11-17-2019, 11:10 PM

Cpl Pics
Attached Images

post #44029 of 44579 (permalink) Old 11-18-2019, 05:29 AM

I got a bigger tow rig so I put her up for sale.
Attached Images

ChevyDMax89 likes this.

07 classic LBZ crew cab long box. Egr blocked 4 inch exhaust 45 hp tow tune fass lift pump
post #44030 of 44579 (permalink) Old 11-19-2019, 01:34 AM
DuramaxForum Veteran

Garage
I got cleaned up by another rock and now my windscreen has a foot long crack in it.
Ordered another windscreen today. 350 bucks fitted actually seemed good considering there is about 3 13 trucks in the state

RHD 2013 2500HD Silverado WT Regular Cab
Deleted, FASS 150, Moonshine by Tony, Ally Tray, 20in Dicks, All Terrains, LEDs, Lowered and pissing off local drivers daily due to my size
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode