Duramax electrical problems. Please help - Page 2 - Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum
General Discussion General Diesel Discussion.

2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-10-2020, 01:48 PM
DuramaxForum Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mafrici View Post
We own a 2016 GMC Denali Duramax. The other day my Boyfriend went to unlock the truck from the remote an it was like it was possessed. The door locks went up and down, Head lights flicked on and off, Horn blew the only way to stop it was to disconnect the battery. We took it to the dealers and they could not figure it out and gave us back the truck. We drove 1 block and the warning lights came on. We just bought two new batteries for the truck.... any suggestions?
What warning lights? Go to an auto parts store like O'Reilly and ask them to scan your truck for codes. Record the codes in the same order they are displayed on the code reader.

Remove and clean all of your battery cables, both ends, and also the alternator cable. Make them shiney clean with a wire brush or sand paper. Use a little dielectric grease on the connection when you reassemble. see if problem goes away or changes.
Mafrici likes this.

Ron Nielson
2008 Silverado LT, CCLB, Edge Insight CTS
2009 Arctic Fox 29-5T, Silver Fox Edition, Onan 3600 LPG generator
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-10-2020, 03:24 PM

Thank you Ron, Im not sure and will ask what the warning light on the dash was. I believe the dealership ran it an cleared the codes ? We will try what you suggested. Thank You !!
post #13 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-12-2020, 12:32 PM

Could I also suggest removing and cleaning all of the grounds because they will cause a lot of problems without issues that can't be pinpointed. Besides grounds are a quick and easy step.

2003 Silverado Fass 165, 45% over injectors, Banks big head, Banks 6 gun, Banks Exhaust and filter. Bed Carpet, Pace Edwards electric Tonneau Cover. 122000 miles
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-12-2020, 12:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbear640 View Post
Could I also suggest removing and cleaning all of the grounds because they will cause a lot of problems without issues that can't be pinpointed. Besides grounds are a quick and easy step.
Does anyone know if there's ever been a comprehensive list of grounds put together? I know where some of them are on my LML but I'm sure there's 1 or 2 lurking somewhere that I'm not aware of.

2012 3500 4X4 CCLB
post #15 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-12-2020, 01:02 PM
DuramaxForum Veteran

Start here: https://www.gmupfitter.com/pages/body-builder-manuals
Then look for your year and model, and then look for the electrical manual. Not every year has an electrical manual that has all the grounds, so go a year earlier or later and you'll know more about Silverado grounds than almost all of mankind on earth

Ron Nielson
2008 Silverado LT, CCLB, Edge Insight CTS
2009 Arctic Fox 29-5T, Silver Fox Edition, Onan 3600 LPG generator
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode