A blizzard in APRIL! Come on Minnesota :( - Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum
General Discussion General Diesel Discussion.

1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-11-2019, 01:59 PM Thread Starter
DuramaxForum n00b

A blizzard in APRIL! Come on Minnesota :(

Well its pretty crazy in Minnesota today, I have pulled out 4 vehicles today. It was literally 64 degrees here 2 days ago!! We were expected to get around 12-18" of snow and it is still coming down. Just wanted to give my subscribers a little peak into the roads and how the weather was. I didnt get a chance to insert the clip of me pulling out the dodge because my imovie wasnt working right but you get the idea. If it really stacks up Ill be sure to make another video tomorrow!

Subscribe for more content!!
Comment with what you want to see next
and dont forget to SMASH that like button.

sargenthp likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-11-2019, 04:48 PM
DuramaxForum Veteran

This winter we had about a month and a half with the temps below -30C in the mornings. We could have used a little global warming.

DPF/SCR technology summarized in three words: It doesn't work.
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-11-2019, 06:54 PM

You're welcome, from all of us in up here in Alaska!

2012 GMC Sierra SLT 2500HD Z71
Reflex Spray-In Bed Liner, Undercover Bed Cover, Undercover Swing Case Tool Boxes, XPel Clear Car Armor Film, UltiMat DashMat, Rear Underseat Storage, Rough Country Stabilizer, F&R Dura Flaps, High/Low/Fog's All On Mod, 275/70/18 GoodYear Ultra Grip Ice WRT (Winter Shoes), AMP Research Power Steps, TorkLift Stable Loads, HD Timbren SES
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-12-2019, 01:35 PM Thread Starter
DuramaxForum n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armus View Post
This winter we had about a month and a half with the temps below -30C in the mornings. We could have used a little global warming.
Last year at this time I was already out on the lake wakesurfing! Now the ice still isnt even all the way out.
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-12-2019, 01:39 PM
J83
DuramaxForum Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by turboboys View Post
Well its pretty crazy in Minnesota today, I have pulled out 4 vehicles today. It was literally 64 degrees here 2 days ago!! We were expected to get around 12-18" of snow and it is still coming down. Just wanted to give my subscribers a little peak into the roads and how the weather was. I didnt get a chance to insert the clip of me pulling out the dodge because my imovie wasnt working right but you get the idea. If it really stacks up Ill be sure to make another video tomorrow!

Subscribe for more content!!
Comment with what you want to see next
and dont forget to SMASH that like button.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=inYNr88hhG4&t=18s

Minnesota, the only place that makes Alaska look warm.

2015 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD 6.6L LML
Allison Transmission (stock)
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-12-2019, 04:09 PM Thread Starter
DuramaxForum n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by J83 View Post
Minnesota, the only place that makes Alaska look warm.
Kinda wish I lived in Alaska right now! Been there once in the summer and that is one awesome place!
Whats the weather like around there right now?
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-12-2019, 05:16 PM
J83
DuramaxForum Enthusiast

Quote:
Kinda wish I lived in Alaska right now! Been there once in the summer and that is one awesome place!
Whats the weather like around there right now?
mid high 40's low to mid 50's. sunny and nice

the nearly 9 months of 6 hours of daylight though is kind of lousy....

post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-14-2019, 09:58 AM Thread Starter
DuramaxForum n00b

Quote:
mid high 40's low to mid 50's. sunny and nice

the nearly 9 months of 6 hours of daylight though is kind of lousy....
I remember when we were in Alaska it was when you had the long days of sunlight. We played catch with a frisbee at 11:30pm and it was still bright out. Crazy how that works there. I can imagine only 6 hours of daylight for 9 months would be rough. I plan to come visit Alaska again soon, any location you would suggest? I have visited Valdez, and drove along the denali highway (which wasnt much of a highway lol).
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-14-2019, 03:56 PM
J83
DuramaxForum Enthusiast

Quote:
I remember when we were in Alaska it was when you had the long days of sunlight. We played catch with a frisbee at 11:30pm and it was still bright out. Crazy how that works there. I can imagine only 6 hours of daylight for 9 months would be rough. I plan to come visit Alaska again soon, any location you would suggest? I have visited Valdez, and drove along the denali highway (which wasnt much of a highway lol).

depends what your interests are, if your coming for fishing, its hard to go wrong with Kenai, Seward, Homer, Kasilof. If your going to be in the more populated parts of alaska (anchoragw, wasilla, palmer) theres some good river fishing up there too. if you want to sight see, kodiak is nice but its an island you have to fly to and there is a good chance of flights getting canceled due to weather so plan accordingly. Seward is kind of an interesting place to fish, its one of the few places where snagging is legal so if your into that kind of thing its typically easy pickings (though you have to wade a good way out into the inlet which is fun, but not for everyone), if your more about sport fishing, kenai is probably better. Kasilof is deep sea but theres some really great fishing there. (lets face it, most people come here for fishing)

Last edited by J83; 04-14-2019 at 04:00 PM.
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-15-2019, 06:22 AM Thread Starter
DuramaxForum n00b

Quote:
depends what your interests are, if your coming for fishing, its hard to go wrong with Kenai, Seward, Homer, Kasilof. If your going to be in the more populated parts of alaska (anchoragw, wasilla, palmer) theres some good river fishing up there too. if you want to sight see, kodiak is nice but its an island you have to fly to and there is a good chance of flights getting canceled due to weather so plan accordingly. Seward is kind of an interesting place to fish, its one of the few places where snagging is legal so if your into that kind of thing its typically easy pickings (though you have to wade a good way out into the inlet which is fun, but not for everyone), if your more about sport fishing, kenai is probably better. Kasilof is deep sea but theres some really great fishing there. (lets face it, most people come here for fishing)
Thanks for the info! Last time I was there we went salmon fishing in the copper river I believe, we had a really good time. We rafted through the white waters to a little island and were catching salmon like crazy. I even accidentally caught a king salmon and man oh man did that thing put up a fight! Kind of crazy that snagging is actually legal in some places, do you think its because of the massive amount of fish there ?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode