Super tune - Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum
General Discussion General Diesel Discussion.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-05-2019, 06:06 PM Thread Starter

Super tune

I was wondering if the people out there can tell me if there's anything wrong with using a super tune performance chip. Pulling a trailer from time to time and looking for a couple more mpg. Is there a drawback or problem using the product ?
Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-06-2019, 04:44 AM

post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-07-2019, 05:02 PM

Ummm I wouldn’t

2002 LB7 5 inch exhaust, ppe boost valve, boost/egt/rail pressure gauges, fass 95
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-07-2019, 06:16 PM
J83
DuramaxForum Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lifted03max View Post
I was wondering if the people out there can tell me if there's anything wrong with using a super tune performance chip. Pulling a trailer from time to time and looking for a couple more mpg. Is there a drawback or problem using the product ?
Thanks
there is simply no way that device can possibly work, it states that it works on trucks from 01 to 18 and adds 50 HP by plugging it into the OBD2 port, yea, thats total BS. Theres been what, 6 different engine variants in that time? one of which is barely tuneable at this point. I think you would be better off burning the money than buying that.

Copied directly from that ebay listing....

Quote:
**** DON'T BE FOOLED*** BEWARE OF CHEAP - FAKE KNOCK OFF CHIPS THAT CAN CAUSE DAMAGE TO YOUR VEHICLE, OUR TUNERS ARE MADE OF THE BEST COMPONENTS AND ARE CUSTOM TUNED FOR YOUR SPECIFIC VEHICLE.
i think that first sentence is key here.

i gotta say though, that ebay listing was worth a read, theres a couple good chuckles in there.

2015 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD 6.6L LML

Last edited by J83; 08-07-2019 at 06:23 PM.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-08-2019, 05:35 AM
Duramax Lifetime Supporter

IF that thing did what it says, for the price charged. EVERYONE would have one.

The fact that Nobody here does should be all the answer you need.

2008 Silverado 2500HD CCSB LTZ Diesel
FASS 95 Lift Pump (with Baldwin filters), Edge Insight CTS Monitor on a Windshield Mount, Nicktane Fuel Filter Adapter w/ CAT 306-9199 UHE tertiary fuel filter, Bilstein 5100 Stock Height, Bushwacker Bed Rail Caps, AMP Research Bedstep, Fumoto oil drain valve, Dorman PS Oil cooler, Pioneer AVIC 7200NEX GPS/Stereo, Air Lift LoadLifter 5000 Air Bags.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-08-2019, 06:55 AM

Best advice I can give is you get what you pay for.

2016 Chevy 2500 Z71 LTZ
Fleece CP3, Airdog 165 4g, Beans sump, Sinister EGR delete, MBRP 5" turbo back, S&B intake, EZ Lynk by PPEI, Edge CTS2, Sinister PCV reroute, Sinister resonator delete

Kryptonite UCA'S, Fox 2.0's, suspensionmaxx keys and diff drop, 22" Fuel Blitz's wrapped in Nittos... rub-a-dub dub... scrub scrub scrub
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-10-2019, 09:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt45648 View Post
Best advice I can give is you get what you pay for.
Exactly! An edge, bully dog, or efi will be way better then someone selling something off eBay, if it was that easy I’m sure we’d all be on eBay all day long looking for tunes

2002 LB7 5 inch exhaust, ppe boost valve, boost/egt/rail pressure gauges, fass 95
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-11-2019, 07:17 AM

I think part of all this comes down to common sense. Products & advertisements like that are waving all sorts of red flags. If something that cheap was worth even half a crap, wouldn’t you think that it would be covered a gazillion times over on truck forums, etc? Also; think about it...those eBay ads are all written in ‘Chinglish.’ If people fall into the traps set by products like these, they deserve to get taken.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode