Good deal on a LBZ? - Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum
General Discussion General Diesel Discussion.

3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 31 (permalink) Old 08-20-2019, 06:31 AM Thread Starter
DuramaxForum n00b

Good deal on a LBZ?

Still looking for that first duramax. I got a opportunity to buy a 2007 LBZ, ccsb 85,000 miles. It's got a 4" Cognito lift with Bilsteins, 305x55x20 tires with only 5,000 miles on them, efi live tuned by duramaxtuner, 3" down pipe, 4" MBRP exhaust, egr delete. Maintenance has been kept up on it and it looks exceptionally clean. I had a mechanic look over it and drive it and everything seemed to check out. I had a body shop look at it because I knew it's been repainted. According to him, the rear fenders and the rockers have been patched, then the whole truck was repainted. It looks really clean and it seems to have been done right. However, he said they've been patched and not replaced so it could give me rust problems within a few years. I can buy it for $26,000. Should I be concerned about the body work and paint job? I realize that rocks and cab corners are a problem, but they look good now. That repair work was done in 2012 so it's been 7 years and still looks good. The truck has been garage kept for the last 10+ years of it's life. What's your opinion?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 31 (permalink) Old 08-20-2019, 06:49 AM
DuramaxForum Veteran

Seems very high to me

2018 GMC l5p ccsb stone blue metallic. Mcgaughy's 2" drop shackles. Truxedo tonneau cover. 20% tint. B&W turnover ball hitch. N Fab running boards, Duraflaps, Rhino lined bed

Traded:05 lly ccsb 205k miles, built trans and supporting mods

Traded:09 LMM CCLB Bone stock, fully loaded. 86xxx miles.
post #3 of 31 (permalink) Old 08-20-2019, 06:58 AM Thread Starter
DuramaxForum n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noble_dmax View Post
Seems very high to me
Yeah LBZs always seem to be over priced.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 31 (permalink) Old 08-20-2019, 07:00 AM Thread Starter
DuramaxForum n00b

I failed to mention, the interior is the cream leather, with most of the options available for this year. Super clean, no stains, no rips. It hasn't been used to tow, never had a fifth wheel hooked up and it doesn't even have a brake controller.
post #5 of 31 (permalink) Old 08-20-2019, 07:01 AM
DuramaxForum Veteran

Don't get me wrong, they are the sought after unicorn, but it's still a 13 year old truck.

2018 GMC l5p ccsb stone blue metallic. Mcgaughy's 2" drop shackles. Truxedo tonneau cover. 20% tint. B&W turnover ball hitch. N Fab running boards, Duraflaps, Rhino lined bed

Traded:05 lly ccsb 205k miles, built trans and supporting mods

Traded:09 LMM CCLB Bone stock, fully loaded. 86xxx miles.
post #6 of 31 (permalink) Old 08-20-2019, 07:17 AM Thread Starter
DuramaxForum n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noble_dmax View Post
Don't get me wrong, they are the sought after unicorn, but it's still a 13 year old truck.
Yeah he was originally asking $29,000. My shop said that his asking price isn't far off for what it is. But I'm with you, that's why I'm having a hard time spending so much on such an old vehicle.
post #7 of 31 (permalink) Old 08-20-2019, 07:28 AM
Duramax Lifetime Supporter

Too much for one that has body work done to it, trust me after it's driven off of the main highway for a while the patch panels will crack.

2001 2500HD 4WD EXTENDED CAB LS,
S&B CAI, 4" STAINLESS STEEL EXHAUST, EFI LIVE FROM ATP TRUCKS, EDGE CTS, PPE BOOST VALVE, BANKS INTERCOOLER PIPE, AIR DOG II 165, REBUILT TRANNY WITH SUNCOAST KIT, TRANSGO SHIFTKIT AND BILLIT TORQUE CONVERTER, NEW UPGRADED TAILSHAFT, PUMP RUB FIX ON TRANSFER WITH NEW ALUMINUM TAIL SHAFT, NEW TOW MIRRORS, NEW GAGE HEAVY DUTY FRONT AND REAR BUMPERS, BEANS SUMP, FUMOTO VALVE, RARE PARTS TIE RODS WITH COGNITO PISK, MAD JACK FUEL FILTER ACCESS DOOR, STAINLESS STEEL SPEED BLEEDERS.
2011 GMC 3500HD DUALLY Welding Bed, 4WD CREW CAB, 4" downpipe back exhaust, def delete, egr delete, with new LB7 up pipe, pcv reroute, Fass 150, EFI live with DSP 5, HSP CAI. Air Lift Air bags. PPEI transmission tune.
post #8 of 31 (permalink) Old 08-20-2019, 07:54 AM Thread Starter
DuramaxForum n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by mray View Post
Too much for one that has body work done to it, trust me after it's driven off of the main highway for a while the patch panels will crack.
What's a fair asking price, or are you saying you wouldn't touch it period?
post #9 of 31 (permalink) Old 08-20-2019, 11:39 AM
Duramax Lifetime Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by renagde View Post
What's a fair asking price, or are you saying you wouldn't touch it period?
I wouldn't put a price on another one's vehicle but it would have to be a real deal for me.
407driver and renagde like this.

2001 2500HD 4WD EXTENDED CAB LS,
S&B CAI, 4" STAINLESS STEEL EXHAUST, EFI LIVE FROM ATP TRUCKS, EDGE CTS, PPE BOOST VALVE, BANKS INTERCOOLER PIPE, AIR DOG II 165, REBUILT TRANNY WITH SUNCOAST KIT, TRANSGO SHIFTKIT AND BILLIT TORQUE CONVERTER, NEW UPGRADED TAILSHAFT, PUMP RUB FIX ON TRANSFER WITH NEW ALUMINUM TAIL SHAFT, NEW TOW MIRRORS, NEW GAGE HEAVY DUTY FRONT AND REAR BUMPERS, BEANS SUMP, FUMOTO VALVE, RARE PARTS TIE RODS WITH COGNITO PISK, MAD JACK FUEL FILTER ACCESS DOOR, STAINLESS STEEL SPEED BLEEDERS.
2011 GMC 3500HD DUALLY Welding Bed, 4WD CREW CAB, 4" downpipe back exhaust, def delete, egr delete, with new LB7 up pipe, pcv reroute, Fass 150, EFI live with DSP 5, HSP CAI. Air Lift Air bags. PPEI transmission tune.
post #10 of 31 (permalink) Old 08-20-2019, 05:45 PM
HWI

LBZ under 100k miles would sell for that asking price in my area.

06 LBZ CCSB
MBRP 3" down pipe/4" straight pipe, PPE Xcelerator, FASS 150, Beans sump, deleted, pump rub fix
Zone 6" lift, Kryptonite tie rods
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode