Just got an 06' LLY Express - no powered anything - needs cruise - Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum
Get In the VAN!!! Discussion Of GM Diesel Vans..... And whatever TheStepChild wants

1Likes
  • 1 Post By ShopSpecialties

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-28-2019, 09:16 PM Thread Starter

Just got an 06' LLY Express - no powered anything - needs cruise

I just today picked up a used locksmith's van and I'm looking at upgrading a few things. I'd like to add cruise control, powered door locks, powered windows, perhaps a remote starter/door lock key fob, and also considering a backup camera (because the cargo divider barrier blocks the rear view.

I just googled the cruise control thing, and I got some interesting yet seemingly conflicting reports. Some claim that the stripped model work vans like mine all came from the factory off the line with the same basic wiring infrastructure, making it possible to rather simply order a stock cruise control steering column stem assembly and plug and play. Some claim to have done it, and that no new or altering of the computer was necessary. But those were gassers. Others have claimed it is different with the diesels.

Hmmmmmm. Is that true? Anyone here added cruise control to your Duramax van that did not come with it from the factory? Tell me about your experience.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-30-2019, 08:52 AM

Yes the cruise control stalk is plug/play.

Oh and by the way you have a LBZ not LLY.
SilverGorillaLML likes this.

2006 Express 3500 Ext. 4" Turbo Back Exhaust, bye bye kitty and ruffler. EFI Live. Custom made air intake with dry Aem filter. TDK bumper.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-09-2019, 03:51 PM

Thumbs up

I bought a 08 long wheelbase two-foot fiberglass high top same deal, no options, found a steering column on the net it's on its way, sure hope you are right,

Now about the delete and tune, can't I just get an EFIlive and set the power mode? I see you recommend Kennedy diesel, what's the difference, I'm looking to pull an RV trailer with it.

Also, I want power windows and door locks, I'm guessing junkyard doors?

What about the exhaust, 4 or 5 inch.

Too bad my Mini Max tuner won't work I have an extra one.

Thanks for the help. Jim J
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-09-2019, 04:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munchies1 View Post
I bought a 08 long wheelbase two-foot fiberglass high top same deal, no options, found a steering column on the net it's on its way, sure hope you are right,

Now about the delete and tune, can't I just get an EFIlive and set the power mode? I see you recommend Kennedy diesel, what's the difference, I'm looking to pull an RV trailer with it.

Also, I want power windows and door locks, I'm guessing junkyard doors?

What about the exhaust, 4 or 5 inch.

Too bad my Mini Max tuner won't work I have an extra one.

Thanks for the help. Jim J
You are replacing the entire steering column just for cruise control ?
EFILive is custom tuning that Kennedy uses to write you a tune that fits your needs. A single tow tune from Kennedy will work great for you. Also check out his lift pumps.
4" exhaust will do the job.

2006 Express 3500 Ext. 4" Turbo Back Exhaust, bye bye kitty and ruffler. EFI Live. Custom made air intake with dry Aem filter. TDK bumper.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-10-2019, 03:37 AM

For $200. I have a tilt- cruise column shipped to my door, whats with the lift pumps, I've had a 2003 top kick 6.6 since new and a 08 top kick without need?

What happens that you need them? any good mufflers for diesels? I don't want it as loud as my pick-up.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-10-2019, 07:55 AM

The Kennedy lift pump will provide the injection pump with a high volume of low pressure fuel making its job easier. It will help extend the life of the injection pump, injectors, maybe a very small bump in mpg, better throttle response, etc.

FTE diesel resonator/muffler will have no drone and noise levels will be close to stock.

post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-10-2019, 05:34 PM

Thanks!

Sure would like overdrive, I'm a big fan of Allison transmissions, what do you have to do to change over? I got this van for $10,000 with 99,000 miles came with a wheelchair lift in the rear, clean underneath, It's a keeper, I'm turning 65 this year and want to build a mini MH with shower/toilet to pull toy hauler.

I was also thinking a 2-inch body lift would sure help with space for the plumbing underneath, any suggestions?

Thanks, jj
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-30-2019, 09:26 PM

Now have cruise control and tilt, wonderful.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode