LB7 Headgasket parts listing - Page 2 - Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum
How To's, DIY and Write ups DuramaxForum How To's, Do it Yourself Guides, and other write ups. Only How TO post belong in this forum!!! If your NOT showing/telling us HOW TO then DO NOT post it here.

1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-20-2013, 03:34 PM
DuramaxForum Veteran

OK, good. One less thing to worry about. Thanks Evan

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

Wayne
Woller Farms Sellers, IL "we raise hell, pays the same as grain (nothing)"
04 GMC SLT cc/sb LB7 "big golden delicious"
s&b intake, banks exhaust, II silver bullet turbo, proflow headers, EFI live by bobo, ATS duel fueler, II 45% overs, ADII 165 lift pump, suncoast trans and ml converter
04 Chevy ec/sb LB7 "arrival blue lithuanian truck"
banks intake, silverline dual exhaust, EFI live DSP5 by Idaho Rob, BD diesel trans pan

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike diesel View Post
well yea bitch, i like duramax forum.
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyinelvis11 View Post
i'll let you use anything i got except my wife and my truck; it's too easy to throw a rod in either one):h
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 20 (permalink) Old 05-21-2013, 07:58 PM

Is the lb7 HG change similar to the lly

2006 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 6.6L Duramax LLY
Magnaflow DP, 5" Magnaflow turbo back straight pipe
post #13 of 20 (permalink) Old 05-21-2013, 08:13 PM
Diesel Addict

Same head gasket along with lots of other gaskets. ?

Project, Rogue Budget(Workstock Puller)
2006 GMC 2500HD, Stock Motor, EFILive by me, Billet 63 VVT, Motorsport Stroker CP3, 20% Nzls, ProFab Manis n Uppipes, BD IC, Hot Pipe IC, ProFab Y-Bridge, lots of other goodies
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 20 (permalink) Old 11-13-2014, 07:35 AM
DuramaxForum n00b

I did my head gaskets and took the front clip off. It was maybe a days work to remove the clip and made everything accessible. Also helped by showing 2 surface rust areas that need attention before getting worse that I wouldnt have found without removing the clip. I think I have a bad head rather than gasket failure. There was a bunch of pitting in the #2 cylinder head combustion area, around the valves and at the head gasket. So she got new heads, injectors, CP3, water pump, charge pipes, arp studs and valve cover bolts, turbo rebuild and wetzel wheel, down pipe and turbo horn. Cant wait to fire her up. Hope to have it done this weekend.
01dirtymaxrebel likes this.
post #15 of 20 (permalink) Old 11-13-2014, 09:06 AM
DuramaxForum Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonDmaxx View Post
I did my head gaskets and took the front clip off. It was maybe a days work to remove the clip and made everything accessible. Also helped by showing 2 surface rust areas that need attention before getting worse that I wouldnt have found without removing the clip. I think I have a bad head rather than gasket failure. There was a bunch of pitting in the #2 cylinder head combustion area, around the valves and at the head gasket. So she got new heads, injectors, CP3, water pump, charge pipes, arp studs and valve cover bolts, turbo rebuild and wetzel wheel, down pipe and turbo horn. Cant wait to fire her up. Hope to have it done this weekend.
This is my plan one day.

Except I have to remove a ranch hand first.

How much did all that run ya?

SOLD- 02 ECSB LB7- R.I.P.

2005 CCSB Z71 Silverado, Factory 5.3, 06 Front Clip, Cooper AT3/Ion 171's, Too Many LED'S....
post #16 of 20 (permalink) Old 11-13-2014, 09:11 AM
DuramaxForum n00b

Havnt done all the math but in my head in around $5000 in parts. And did the work my self. If you need a list with where to buy let me know. I did a lot is research to find the good deals and customer service.
post #17 of 20 (permalink) Old 11-13-2014, 11:39 AM
DuramaxForum Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonDmaxx View Post
Havnt done all the math but in my head in around $5000 in parts. And did the work my self. If you need a list with where to buy let me know. I did a lot is research to find the good deals and customer service.
I ain't doing it yet. I think if I tore it down that far I would pray my heads were fine and replace injectors instead.

How many miles were you at

SOLD- 02 ECSB LB7- R.I.P.

2005 CCSB Z71 Silverado, Factory 5.3, 06 Front Clip, Cooper AT3/Ion 171's, Too Many LED'S....
post #18 of 20 (permalink) Old 11-13-2014, 01:03 PM
DuramaxForum n00b

I have 170k on mine. The injectors were done by GM at around 90k. The reason that I tore the engine down was because after a short drive I noticed that I was dumping a lot of anti-freeze and the upper radiator hose was rockhard even know the truck was still cold. So I took the top and apart to see if the head gaskets were bad. I didn't see any definite breaks or problems with the head gaskets. Upon inspection of the engine is when I noticed the problems with the head I believe I had a cracked head that was causing boost pressure to bleed over into the cooling system.so I had to get new heads regardless because of the issues with the one head.I got the heads at a pretty good price they were only $525 ea. The reason I did the injectors was because when you take them off all the rust and contamination from the high-pressure lines falls down into the inlet of the injector and fouls it up.The rest I did just because Murphy's Law would kick my ass two weeks later and something that I didn't replace wood break.I got the engine back together as it sits now hopefully I should have it running by Monday.
post #19 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-04-2017, 04:49 AM
DuramaxForum n00b

Thanks for the list
post #20 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-24-2017, 11:04 PM
DuramaxForum n00b

Is head gaskets going out a common problem??
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode