LBZ: HOW TO: Activate factory turbo brake - Page 92 - Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum
How To's, DIY and Write ups DuramaxForum How To's, Do it Yourself Guides, and other write ups. Only How TO post belong in this forum!!! If your NOT showing/telling us HOW TO then DO NOT post it here.

120Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #911 of 917 (permalink) Old 09-30-2019, 07:37 PM
Duramax Lifetime Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by lockcop View Post
I got to thinking that this mod will help keep the vanes moving freely with less chance of sticking. Going from zero to 100% often should keep them freed up. Make sense to anybody but me?
When I first did the mod on my previous LMM I was having conversations regarding the effects and Hook em Horns pointed out that very thing. Keeping the vanes moving will certainly help to prevent sticking.

I equated it to a couple of systems on the Aircraft I fly that if not exercised regularly those systems have valves or solenoids that can and will begin sticking.

The phrase "Use it or Lose it" comes to mind. It may not help but it certainly cannot hurt.

That was a lot of words to say, Your Thinking is Right On.
lockcop likes this.

2008 Silverado 2500HD CCSB LTZ Diesel
FASS 95 Lift Pump (with Baldwin filters), Edge Insight CTS Monitor on a Windshield Mount, Nicktane Fuel Filter Adapter w/ CAT 306-9199 UHE tertiary fuel filter, Bilstein 5100 Stock Height, Bushwacker Bed Rail Caps, AMP Research Bedstep, Fumoto oil drain valve, Dorman PS Oil cooler, Pioneer AVIC 7200NEX GPS/Stereo, Air Lift LoadLifter 5000 Air Bags.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #912 of 917 (permalink) Old 09-30-2019, 07:47 PM
DuramaxForum Fanatic

Quote:
I got to thinking that this mod will help keep the vanes moving freely with less chance of sticking. Going from zero to 100% often should keep them freed up. Make sense to anybody but me?
Exactly, keeping the vanes moving.
That where having rumble tunes helps the vanes opening and closing while idling when your not using the TB. I feel anyway.

Dan
2007.5 GMC Sierra 3500 SRW L.B."BLACK" C.C. 4X4 LMM Z71
DIY stock airbox mod, aFe ProGuard 7, OEM drop-in
EFILive ECM ATP - Heavy Tow Tune with Turbo Brake.
EFILive TCM Duramax Tuner
DHD Cold Side High Flow Intake Pipe
DHD PCV Re-Route
AirDog 4G100

2007 Yukon Denail "BLACK" 6.2 gasser
DIY stock AirBox Mod, K&N, Airaid intake, EFILive TCM only tuning
post #913 of 917 (permalink) Old 10-01-2019, 01:40 PM

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by 407driver View Post
When I first did the mod on my previous LMM I was having conversations regarding the effects and Hook em Horns pointed out that very thing. Keeping the vanes moving will certainly help to prevent sticking.

I equated it to a couple of systems on the Aircraft I fly that if not exercised regularly those systems have valves or solenoids that can and will begin sticking.

The phrase "Use it or Lose it" comes to mind. It may not help but it certainly cannot hurt.

That was a lot of words to say, Your Thinking is Right On.
So if I give you my wifes phone number could you call and tell her I had a good idea?

Kenneth a.k.a. lockcop 2007.5 LMM 2500HD ECSB 4 Wheel Drive
EFI AutoCal by Idaho Rob; DSP5 Switch In Power Port; Edge CTS2 with Pyro; Deviant Trans Lines from Alligator Performance; PPE Deep Trans + Oil Pan (TRANSYND), AFE Differential Cover + Trans Cooler from XDP; FASS T95 Lift Pump from Synthetic Motorsports; XD Tie Rods + Fumoto Valve from the DMAX STORE; ; POWERSTOP Z36 Drilled + Slotted;TIMBREN Suspension Enhancement System; Quad LED Fog Lights; OWENS diamond plate running boards; AERO 52 GAL Tank; Turbo Brake w/switch and light; Amsoil 20-50 Dominator Oil; Schaeffer Moly Grease, + Gear Lube; Temp Sensors In Oil Pan + Rear Diff; Dorman PS Cooler; Flowtie Emblem
Arizona Diesel Club #11
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #914 of 917 (permalink) Old 10-01-2019, 01:52 PM
LHN...We ARE the Joneses

Send a message via Yahoo to Hook'em_Horns! Send a message via Skype™ to Hook'em_Horns!
She should get you a T-shirt printed in big letters;

TURBO SAVER EXTRAORDINAIRE

2007 LBZ 3500 LT3 DRW Crew Cab, Sulastics, Putnam XDR 15K, B&W 30K-Turnover GN+Companion, Ride-Rite Air...EFI'd by Rob
2008 LMM 3500WT DRW Crew Cab, 8 'Flat/GN, Workforce Alum Toolbox, Ride-Rite Air

Use-ta Haves 2006-6.0 3500 WT DRW ExCab Flatbed, 2005-LLY 3500 LS DRW Crew Cab, 2002-LB7 3500 LS DRW Crew Cab
I Live my life in such a way that when my feet hit the floor in the morning...Satan shudders & says "Oh shit, he's awake!"
post #915 of 917 (permalink) Old 10-01-2019, 07:14 PM

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hook'em_Horns! View Post
She should get you a T-shirt printed in big letters;

TURBO SAVER EXTRAORDINAIRE
Shoot Hook'em, I was happy that I was mentioned in the same sentence as the 'Grand Puba of All Things Duramax' --- YOU!

Besides, I can't spell them big long words you use all the time! lol

EFI AutoCal by Idaho Rob; DSP5 Switch In Power Port; Edge CTS2 with Pyro; Deviant Trans Lines from Alligator Performance; PPE Deep Trans + Oil Pan (TRANSYND), AFE Differential Cover + Trans Cooler from XDP; FASS T95 Lift Pump from Synthetic Motorsports; XD Tie Rods + Fumoto Valve from the DMAX STORE; ; POWERSTOP Z36 Drilled + Slotted;TIMBREN Suspension Enhancement System; Quad LED Fog Lights; OWENS diamond plate running boards; AERO 52 GAL Tank; Turbo Brake w/switch and light; Amsoil 20-50 Dominator Oil; Schaeffer Moly Grease, + Gear Lube; Temp Sensors In Oil Pan + Rear Diff; Dorman PS Cooler; Flowtie Emblem
Arizona Diesel Club #11
post #916 of 917 (permalink) Old 10-02-2019, 02:34 AM

Quote:
So if I give you my wifes phone number could you call and tell her I had a good idea?
There you go with the bad ideas again. If I call her I may end up thinking I was wrong. Happens to me at home a LOT!
lockcop likes this.

2008 Silverado 2500HD CCSB LTZ Diesel
FASS 95 Lift Pump (with Baldwin filters), Edge Insight CTS Monitor on a Windshield Mount, Nicktane Fuel Filter Adapter w/ CAT 306-9199 UHE tertiary fuel filter, Bilstein 5100 Stock Height, Bushwacker Bed Rail Caps, AMP Research Bedstep, Fumoto oil drain valve, Dorman PS Oil cooler, Pioneer AVIC 7200NEX GPS/Stereo, Air Lift LoadLifter 5000 Air Bags.
post #917 of 917 (permalink) Old 10-02-2019, 08:05 AM

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by 407driver View Post
There you go with the bad ideas again. If I call her I may end up thinking I was wrong. Happens to me at home a LOT!
Well thanks anyway! You can feel comfort in knowing that you're not alone!
407driver likes this.

Arizona Diesel Club #11
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode