How To Replace Body Mounts 01-07 - Page 3 - Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum
How To's, DIY and Write ups DuramaxForum How To's, Do it Yourself Guides, and other write ups. Only How TO post belong in this forum!!! If your NOT showing/telling us HOW TO then DO NOT post it here.

9Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 38 (permalink) Old 09-20-2015, 08:30 PM

I'll chime in. I put the energy suspension mounts on the front 3 mounts and updated cab mounts from gm in the rear. I absolutely hated the ride quality. Transferred all the vibration, noise and stiffness into the cab. It was so annoying that I desperately searched for another alternative other than gm mounts, which were like $1200 CAD up north. After looking everywhere, I found out dorman makes oem body mounts, which rock auto sells. What a difference!! It's like a whole new truck. I'll never use poly mounts again.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
45Colt45 and USAF_Bowhunter like this.

2005 GMC CCSB, Built Trans, II S366, EFI Live with DSP5 from ATP, LB7 up-pipe, Max flow Manifold, Gauges, AFE MP, Banks Ram Air, PCV re-route, EGR delete with wehrli Fab 3" welded Y-bridge and IC pipes, PPE rail plug, 3.5" DP & 4" Banks straight pipe, AD II 165, PPE deep pan, Mike L trans Cooler, Belltech 3" shackles with Bilstiens, Cognito UCA and pitman/Idler support, Rare parts Tie rods, Firestone air bags, Pump Rub Kit, Hellwig BIG WIG rear SB, Recon/ Anzo smoked lights powered by HID's.
- Sold

2007.5 Chev ECSB, EFI live by Rob Coddens, Dmax HD tie rods, Anzo Headlights. in the works: 4" Flo Pro DP back, MBRP DP, SDP EGR delete with Welded Y-bridge, PCV reroute. more to come!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 38 (permalink) Old 09-25-2015, 11:01 PM

nice write up, mine are rusted to hell too
45Colt45 likes this.
post #23 of 38 (permalink) Old 09-26-2015, 08:03 PM

Colt,

Very nice write up, thank you! I also went with the prothane. First drive was good, tighter, only mildly road noisier on some shitty back roads in rural TN, and less noisy for not having crappy destroyed oem mounts.

Happily, southern only truck, nothing more than a little surface rust.

Only thing I ran into was the drivers mount right under the front door had a bit of issue with the parking brake cable sleeve getting in the way. Had to pry the pins off of the catch at the end of the sleeve, and slide it away from where it was mounted to get enough space to fit the poly units in.

Thanks again.
45Colt45 likes this.

2007 LBZ stock for the moment
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24 of 38 (permalink) Old 12-19-2016, 06:22 AM

Sorry to resurrect an old thread but in searching forums this appears to be the most recent regarding body mounts. In trying to order the right parts the confusing thing is what exactly is body position 1 and body position 2? Radiator mount is self explanatory but then there are 3 cab mounts for a CC are all 3 the same... I don't want a Polyurethane mounts so can't just buy a complete kit. For rear mount I am getting the GM updated mount. Just need to order the right parts for the mid and front mounts under the cab.

GMC 2007 2500HD Classic CC SB 4x4 Diesel
Cognito Stage 4 Leveling kit(stock keys)
285/75r16 BFG KO2 M/T Sidebiter II Wheels
post #25 of 38 (permalink) Old 12-21-2016, 07:29 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dh dad View Post
Sorry to resurrect an old thread but in searching forums this appears to be the most recent regarding body mounts. In trying to order the right parts the confusing thing is what exactly is body position 1 and body position 2? Radiator mount is self explanatory but then there are 3 cab mounts for a CC are all 3 the same... I don't want a Polyurethane mounts so can't just buy a complete kit. For rear mount I am getting the GM updated mount. Just need to order the right parts for the mid and front mounts under the cab.
Perhaps some of the others can help you here... I am not sure.

-Colt-

2009 2500HD, 4X4, CCLB, LTZ.

- All Synthetic Fluids
- PPE Deep Trans Pan
- 3" Zone Offroad Leveling Kit
- Airlift Wireless Airbag Helpers

- Hoping for more, soon!
post #26 of 38 (permalink) Old 12-21-2016, 07:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dh dad View Post
Just put the Dorman mounts at A and A pillars and the updated GM saucer looking mounts at C. The Dormans are cheap at Rockauto. I think it was $110 delivered for all 4.
post #27 of 38 (permalink) Old 12-21-2016, 07:44 PM

Meant "dorman mounts at A and B pillars"
post #28 of 38 (permalink) Old 12-21-2016, 08:25 PM
DuramaxForum Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by fcdietz1 View Post
Replacing body mounts on 06 gmc crew cab .want quiet & comfort, not more road noise. Do I have to go with expensive gm or is there a quiet alternative other than poly which I understand increases road noise ?
check the rock place for new mounts. Doorman makes some OEM types. Did my truck with them maybe 6 months ago. 6 of them was about $160. On my '02 CC all 6 were the same. See the thread linked below:

https://www.duramaxforum.com/forum/01...ont-end-4.html post #39

2002 Chevy 2500HD Crew - Original owner - 407,000 miles so far. All stock with the exception of a lift pump and Donaldson filter

Last edited by long-time-dmax; 12-21-2016 at 08:33 PM.
post #29 of 38 (permalink) Old 12-22-2016, 05:36 AM

I spoke to someone at Dorman and the reason for the multiple part numbers is 924-134 comes with an extra bolt. Rep said GM changed the bolt size for body position 2 at some point over the years so they ship both bolts with that kit, 924-135 only comes with one bolt. The rest of the part is the same. 924-135 can also be used for body position 3 in addition to body position 1. Position 1 is the first one under the cab going front to back. The Dorman rep said they currently don't make a body mount set for position 3 but I think that's because GM completely redesigned position 3 for the newer trucks and that GM part can be retroffited to all GMT400 and GMT800 trucks so that goes all the way back to 1996 or so. I ordered the GM part for position 3 as it's supposed to make and even greater improvement in ride. My truck has 80K on it but all mounts under the cab are crushed and you can easily see the cab lines are a good half inch below the bed lines now. Can't wait to get them on. So in summary:

Dorman 924-130 Radiator mount
Dorman 924-135 body position 1
Dorman 924-134 body position 2 (though part 924-135 will likely work here as well)

Body position 3:
Dorman 924-135
-or-
GM 25994881 Mount cushion (upper)
GM 25791032 Lower cushion
GM 15854745 Lower retainer/washer
GM 11562587 Mount bolt

More details on the newer GM hydraulic body mounts:

Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums - View Single Post - GMC HD Suspension BOUNCE (expansion joints)

Installing GMT900 Cab Mounts in Earlier Trucks - GM Truck Central

1TRIKHD, HWI and long-time-dmax like this.

GMC 2007 2500HD Classic CC SB 4x4 Diesel
Cognito Stage 4 Leveling kit(stock keys)
285/75r16 BFG KO2 M/T Sidebiter II Wheels
post #30 of 38 (permalink) Old 12-22-2016, 07:54 PM

Any one of the 3 dorman numbers will work at Pillars A and B if you reuse your own bolts. The 924-130 is half the price of the other Dorman numbers. Use the GM flying saucer mounts at Pillar C. I replaced all 6 for $200 and an hour of my time. The factory mounts were rotted and hard as a rock. What a difference. It's not a Coupe Deville but better than new with the updated GM saucers.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode