How To: Add Cabin Air Filters - Page 11 - Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum
How To's, DIY and Write ups DuramaxForum How To's, Do it Yourself Guides, and other write ups. Only How TO post belong in this forum!!! If your NOT showing/telling us HOW TO then DO NOT post it here.

14Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #101 of 133 (permalink) Old 02-23-2017, 08:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by C20ELEPHANT View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwaters View Post
My truck is an LT to be honest I'm not sure of what it means I just looked for the service bulletin when I noticed things looked a little different
Quote:
Originally Posted by C20ELEPHANT

You don't need the filters, why, like the rest of us you'll forget to replace them. I would speculate this was the determining factor for GM to not have installed from the factory for the remaining years of these trucks and not a cost saving factor in the build of the truck at the factory

IMHO this is where GM wanted to cut cost: The truck would come in for AC/heater not working warranty service, by the time the all the diagnosis checks were done the filters were inspected and plugged.

The service advisor informs the owner the filters were plugged and hopefully a N/C warranty service other than the cost of the filters. The truck owner, "I did not know it had filters for the HVAC system in the cab.... " and of course like always the owners manual was never opened let alone read for him/her to have known it had cabin filters.....

.......and last but not least so I'm not accused of the pot calling the kettle black, I don't recall when I installed my filter kit and need to replace them...
You make a very good point that will most likely pertain to many people but in my case I work in a very dusty environment and for the reason the service bulletin was released it'd be nice for some filtration
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #102 of 133 (permalink) Old 03-03-2017, 08:08 AM
Duramax Lifetime Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hook'em_Horns! View Post
What is C67?

Edit;
nvrmind
Single zone manual AC.

What has a single zone? Even the WT is dual manual.
Hey Hook'em_Horns! after reading this and other threads from you,
I've finially figured out that you are a freakin' encyclopedia!
ieetgluu likes this.

Tim

2015+ Chevy 3500HD CC DRW
B&W Turnover Ball
Anderson Ultimate 5th Wheel Hitch
DRW #297
post #103 of 133 (permalink) Old 03-28-2017, 05:05 AM

New Part Number

I found a Dorman kit online for just over $50.00 with carbon filters. The part number is 259-201.
This is a Wonderful thread!

2008 Silverado 2500HD CCSB LTZ Diesel
FASS 95 Lift Pump (with Baldwin filters), Edge Insight CTS Monitor on a Windshield Mount, Nicktane Fuel Filter Adapter w/ CAT 306-9199 UHE tertiary fuel filter, Bilstein 5100 Stock Height, Bushwacker Bed Rail Caps, AMP Research Bedstep, Fumoto oil drain valve, Dorman PS Oil cooler, Pioneer AVIC 7200NEX GPS/Stereo, Air Lift LoadLifter 5000 Air Bags.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #104 of 133 (permalink) Old 04-25-2017, 04:25 PM Thread Starter
LHN...We ARE the Joneses

Send a message via Yahoo to Hook'em_Horns! Send a message via Skype™ to Hook'em_Horns!
Bump

Had some funk goin' on in the cab, realized "hey, it's Spring", stopped by the Irish and picked up a set of fresh ones a few weeks back.

Finally got a chance to replace the other day. The old were gray, not really too bad.

But again, after a fresh set goes in, I swear I can feel the little ice crystals in the air blowin.

Oh yeah....the funk is gone now too.
And no, I didn't "smell my finger", er uh Filter.
1TRIKHD likes this.

2007 LBZ 3500 LT3 DRW Crew Cab, Sulastics, Putnam XDR 15K, B&W 30K-Turnover GN+Companion, Ride-Rite Air...EFI'd by Rob
2008 LMM 3500WT DRW Crew Cab, 8 'Flat/GN, Workforce Alum Toolbox, Ride-Rite Air

Use-ta Haves 2006-6.0 3500 WT DRW ExCab Flatbed, 2005-LLY 3500 LS DRW Crew Cab, 2002-LB7 3500 LS DRW Crew Cab
I Live my life in such a way that when my feet hit the floor in the morning...Satan shudders & says "Oh shit, he's awake!"
post #105 of 133 (permalink) Old 04-25-2017, 09:25 PM
DuramaxForum Enthusiast

Garage
I ordered new carbon ones on the bay. Will change them this weekend. And the one in the Vette. That one is not going to be carbon since the top is down a lot. But it keeps the evaporator clean.

Matt
Support the 2nd amendment. When seconds count the cops are minutes away.

2003 ext cab LS Arrival Blue Edge CTS2 Insight. EFI Live by Lincoln Diesel Specialties. 45% over SAC injectors. Banks inter cooler and big head Airaid CAI Transfer Flow 45 GAL 4" exhaust 18" MB preditor chrome with Cooper 275/65/18 Air Dog 165 & lots of other goodies
1998 Corvette coupe Black
2008 Corvette Vert Jetstream Blue

post #106 of 133 (permalink) Old 04-29-2017, 05:59 PM
DuramaxForum Enthusiast

Garage
I changed mine today in the truck and my Vette. The ones in the truck were a little dirty. Mostly just gray. But I got a surprise when I pulled the one out of the Vette. They sit horizontal unlike the truck. A mouse made a nest on top of it. The mother ran back across the cowling so I put a rag in the fan so she could not get inside the system. Then I closed the hood. If she was still in the she got one hell of a ride. I took the car out and pounded it for a few minutes. Got the G meter over 1 a few times. Then I parked it and left the rag in place and everything open. So if she is still in there one of the traps I put around the car will get her. I threw the filter with the babies in the trash and sprayed a bunch of chlorinated carb cleaner in there and put the lid on. That ill kill them. I F en hate mice.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg mice filter.jpg (54.8 KB, 149 views)

Matt
Support the 2nd amendment. When seconds count the cops are minutes away.

2003 ext cab LS Arrival Blue Edge CTS2 Insight. EFI Live by Lincoln Diesel Specialties. 45% over SAC injectors. Banks inter cooler and big head Airaid CAI Transfer Flow 45 GAL 4" exhaust 18" MB preditor chrome with Cooper 275/65/18 Air Dog 165 & lots of other goodies
1998 Corvette coupe Black
2008 Corvette Vert Jetstream Blue

post #107 of 133 (permalink) Old 07-10-2017, 04:51 AM

Subd. Great thread.
1TRIKHD likes this.
post #108 of 133 (permalink) Old 08-11-2017, 09:50 PM

subd

07.5 CC Silverado 2500HD. BDS 7" Lift, PVC reroute, Bill's Custom Intake, DDM HIDs, Amsoil Dual Bypass system, EGR block, magnaflow downpipe, 5" FLo Pro straight 6" tip. 20" FUEL Kranks, 35" Toyo Open Country AT2s, PPE HOT Race, Bushwacker Pocket Flares
post #109 of 133 (permalink) Old 10-18-2017, 04:45 PM
DuramaxForum Fanatic

Just ordered this and this from Amazon. I have a musty smell upon start up. Time to clean and might as well throw in some filters.

FRAM FCF8791A Fresh Breeze Cabin Air Filter with Arm & Hammer https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0010DW5ZO..._nL95zbP8ZHAKY

ACDelco 22759208 GM Original Equipment Cabin Air Filter Door Retrofit Kit with Door and Bolt https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01G5VHFW8..._IL95zbHP3HD45

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk
1TRIKHD likes this.

LBZ
post #110 of 133 (permalink) Old 10-18-2017, 05:24 PM Thread Starter
LHN...We ARE the Joneses

Send a message via Yahoo to Hook'em_Horns! Send a message via Skype™ to Hook'em_Horns!
Some of this stuff too.

https://www.amazon.com/nextzett-9611...t+coil+cleaner
https://www.amazon.com/Nu-Calgon-417...p+coil+cleaner

2007 LBZ 3500 LT3 DRW Crew Cab, Sulastics, Putnam XDR 15K, B&W 30K-Turnover GN+Companion, Ride-Rite Air...EFI'd by Rob
2008 LMM 3500WT DRW Crew Cab, 8 'Flat/GN, Workforce Alum Toolbox, Ride-Rite Air

Use-ta Haves 2006-6.0 3500 WT DRW ExCab Flatbed, 2005-LLY 3500 LS DRW Crew Cab, 2002-LB7 3500 LS DRW Crew Cab
I Live my life in such a way that when my feet hit the floor in the morning...Satan shudders & says "Oh shit, he's awake!"

Last edited by Hook'em_Horns!; 10-18-2017 at 05:27 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode