Write Up: SDP LML EGR Delete - Page 15 - Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum
How To's, DIY and Write ups DuramaxForum How To's, Do it Yourself Guides, and other write ups. Only How TO post belong in this forum!!! If your NOT showing/telling us HOW TO then DO NOT post it here.

15Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #141 of 146 (permalink) Old 06-17-2018, 09:49 AM Thread Starter
DuramaxForum Enthusiast

hey guys i fixed the pictures. i am viewing the forum in google chrome and all of the pictures are showing up now. is everyone else seeing them?
zeake likes this.

2012 LML LTZ

Color Matched, PPEI, FASS, SDP, aFe
Build Thread--->>SC LML Build
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #142 of 146 (permalink) Old 06-27-2018, 11:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtymaxxx03 View Post
hey guys i fixed the pictures. i am viewing the forum in google chrome and all of the pictures are showing up now. is everyone else seeing them?
Pics are good to go. Thanks for fixing them.

2015 Denali
post #143 of 146 (permalink) Old 06-27-2018, 12:47 PM
DuramaxForum Enthusiast

The best thing to do is to upload pictures to this website. Then as long as duramaxforum is up the pictures will be too. To upload pictures:

1. Start a reply and scroll to the bottom of the editing window. On the left you will find "manage attachments". Click on it.

2. In the window that opens click on "choose file".

3. A window explorer like window will open. Find the files you want to upload. Click on the first one.

4. Click on "open". The windows explorer window will close and you will be back in the manage attachments window.

5. Click on "upload". It will take a few seconds but soon the file will be uploaded to Duramaxforum.com and it will be available as a link at the bottom of the post you are writing. That's not exactly what you want though.

6. To put the picture (or other file) into the body of the text click on the link in the manage attachments window. A new window will open with the picture in it.

7. Copy the link to the clipboard by highlighting it, right clicking on it and clicking on "copy".

8. Click in your text where you want the picture to be. I usually put a couple of blank lines before and after each picture but you don't have to.

9. In the edit bar at the top of the window you are typing the message in click on the icon that looks like a post card. I think it is actually supposed to be a picture of a mountain with the sun above the mountains but to me it looks more like a post card with a stamp.

10. A new window will open that says, "Please enter the URL of your image:". Type ctrl/v or right click on the box and click on paste. The address of the picture will be entered into the box. Click on OK and the picture URL will be entered into the text box where the cursor is. The forum software is smart enough to know that you don't just want the link. You want the picture to display there and that is what it does. If you want to find the link you can click on the picture to get it.

It's just that easy, ha ha ha ha.

To upload the next picture go back to step 2 and repeat the process. You can shortcut the process a little by uploading each picture you want by repeating steps 2, 3 and 4 before uploading them as a batch in step 5. Or you could do 2, 3, 4 and 5 repeatedly until all of your files are uploaded. I haven't found a good way to shortcut steps 6-10 exactly but I find it less confusing to do step 6 on each picture at one time and then move on to 7-10.

This will give you the pictures in the text where you want them but you will have a bunch of links at the bottom of the post. At this point you can go back to the "manage attachments" window and remove each attachment. The pictures will still be on duramaxforum.com and will still display in the message but the links at the bottom of the post will be gone.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #144 of 146 (permalink) Old 10-04-2019, 02:04 PM

This whole process has gone pretty smooth until I got to the last bolt on the up pipe, the one that's behind the coolant line. I've been messing with this thing for two hours. I pulled the bolt from the coolant line clamp but that doesn't really help. I don't even know why the clamp is there because there's nowhere for that line to go. I can't push it in any direction. The top of the hose where it switches over to rubber will move 1/2" or so in any direction but that's no help. Damn that coolant line! Couldn't be more in the way. Any other suggestions?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20191004_155739_1570219436221.jpg (34.8 KB, 17 views)

"Ol Bessie" 2005 LLY CC SB 4x4 160k miles

'13 LML CC 4x4 service body 190k miles

Derick
www.getsomeperformance.com
[URL="www.alligatorperformance.com"]
post #145 of 146 (permalink) Old 10-04-2019, 02:06 PM

Sorry about that last pic, don't know why it turned sideways. Maybe I should try this..

Derick
post #146 of 146 (permalink) Old 10-04-2019, 02:08 PM

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20191004_160727_1570219688081.jpg (38.8 KB, 18 views)

Derick
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode