2015.5 Tow Mirrrors for '03-'07 Classic Body Style - Page 18 - Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum
How To's, DIY and Write ups DuramaxForum How To's, Do it Yourself Guides, and other write ups. Only How TO post belong in this forum!!! If your NOT showing/telling us HOW TO then DO NOT post it here.

39Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #171 of 184 (permalink) Old 02-08-2017, 11:34 AM
Duramax Lifetime Supporter

tow mirrors.jpg

tow mirrors2.jpg

tow mirrors3.jpg
1TRIKHD likes this.

Last edited by WildFF; 02-08-2017 at 11:47 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #172 of 184 (permalink) Old 02-08-2017, 03:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildFF View Post
got my modded/leveled/color-matched mirrors on the truck this evening. I'll get some pictures tomorrow of them.
couple concerns though..
1. Both lower mirrors have a bit of distortion around the edge, might make me sick looking at for more than a second. Going to check with the dealer and see if I can fit a factory piece on there.
2. the passenger side mirror sits closer to the door than the driver side.. not sure how to remedy this.. but if it was pushed a little farther out then I could see more of what's behind me and less of the side of the truck lol
3. the driver side took 3 washers (vs. 2) to get mostly level, so now I need to shim the spring to hopefully take up the slop.

All in all, I couldn't be happier with the look, but as usual the aftermarket fit and finish leaves a lot to be desired.
I have the same exact issues you are having. At first, I wasn't happy about how much closer the passenger side was than the driver side. But then I realized that just about every duramax with tow mirrors has this issue. I had the same thing on the Kool-Vues I had prior. There are metal "tabs" (for lack of a better term) that push on the metal plate that pushes on the spring in the base of the mirror. You might be able to reposition the mirror by using a different tab to push on the spring. I havent tried it, nor do I intend to as I have just gotten used to it all...and my OCD is strong.

2006 LBZ CCSB 4x4
Goals: Daily driver that's a little faster and a whole lot stronger.
Performance: 5" Dumped Cat-back | S&B Intake
Suspension: 6" Fabtech | 325x60R20 Trail Graps | 20x10 Hostile Strykers | 2" Bora Spacers | Updated Rear Cab Mounts
Steering: Redhead | PISK | LMM PS Pump | GM Cooler | Stock Toothpicks
post #173 of 184 (permalink) Old 02-08-2017, 08:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Granite View Post
I have the same exact issues you are having. At first, I wasn't happy about how much closer the passenger side was than the driver side. But then I realized that just about every duramax with tow mirrors has this issue. I had the same thing on the Kool-Vues I had prior. There are metal "tabs" (for lack of a better term) that push on the metal plate that pushes on the spring in the base of the mirror. You might be able to reposition the mirror by using a different tab to push on the spring. I havent tried it, nor do I intend to as I have just gotten used to it all...and my OCD is strong.
Yeah I know what tab you're talking about, seems like more work than it's worth to try and reposition it. maybe I can build a little weld up to create a new tab.
for now I'm going to check with the dealership about replacement convex mirror glass. I can't stand the distorted Chinese lower mirror... lol

2006 LBZ - Graystone Metallic, LT package w/ sunroof, EFI from DMAX Tuner, FASS 150, Beans sump, Edge CTS, Transgo Jr, PPE Cooler & T-Case Brace, PPE race valve & rail fitting, Magnaflow DP & 5" back w/ FTE Res, BD manifold, S&B Intake, Blocked, Plugged & Rerouted, Full Cognito Level w/ Boxed UCAs, Fox shocks, Kryptonite steering, 20x10 Kranks (-12), 295/55 AT2's, Remote Start, Tint, all on mod & LEDs throughout.
"If it ain't broke, fix it 'til it is."
-Greg
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #174 of 184 (permalink) Old 02-10-2017, 03:38 PM

So a little update. I got a replacement lower glass piece from a company called Burco, and it fits great with zero distortion. You do have to remove the glass from its plastic holder/mount, but the new piece sits right in with adhesive tape. The pair can be had on amazon for $80 shipped. I know it's a lot for something you shouldn't have to replace, but that's what I get for only spending $150 on the complete mirrors. lol
https://www.amazon.com/Burco-Driver-...rds=Burco+3977

2006 LBZ - Graystone Metallic, LT package w/ sunroof, EFI from DMAX Tuner, FASS 150, Beans sump, Edge CTS, Transgo Jr, PPE Cooler & T-Case Brace, PPE race valve & rail fitting, Magnaflow DP & 5" back w/ FTE Res, BD manifold, S&B Intake, Blocked, Plugged & Rerouted, Full Cognito Level w/ Boxed UCAs, Fox shocks, Kryptonite steering, 20x10 Kranks (-12), 295/55 AT2's, Remote Start, Tint, all on mod & LEDs throughout.
-Greg
post #175 of 184 (permalink) Old 02-10-2017, 04:01 PM
DuramaxForum Enthusiast

WildFF, your truck is totally sick...

Really makes me want the new tow mirrors now, color matched of course

2006 LBZ 2500 CCSB 2WD
EFI LIVE, DSP5, Edge CTS & EGT probe, PPE airbox mod, AFE hotside pipe, PPE manifolds/uppipes, MBRP DP, MBRP 4" side dumped, Sinister coldside pipe, pcv reroute, Beans sump, Kennedy lift pump, dual filters, coolant bypass filtration, Nuc Motorsports Oil Bypass kit, LML 20s & 265/60R20s, tint, LEDS, some chrome
ALABAMA LBZ Build Thread
post #176 of 184 (permalink) Old 02-10-2017, 07:25 PM

Thank you! here's a few more
IMG_3253.jpg

IMG_3254.jpg

IMG_3255.jpg

IMG_3256.jpg
4RunnerKid likes this.

-Greg
post #177 of 184 (permalink) Old 02-11-2017, 06:05 AM
DuramaxForum Veteran

That does look really good with the amber LED's as running lights... what did you splice the other wires into for the inward facing LED's? I didnt hook mine up

2009 CCSB Z71 LMM - PPEI tuning, S&B CAI, Banks boost tube, Fass Titanium 150, MBRP 4" Exhaust, PPE Race Valve, Edge CS2 Insight, Profab EGR delete, LB7 up pipe, MBRP downpipe, Quad Projector retrofit , Anzo tail lights, HID's, 18" XD Monsters, 285/65/18 Cooper ST PRO, Line X, Kenwood DDX470, Kicker 6.5', JL Audio amps, JL Audio 8w3v3
Build Thread
https://www.duramaxforum.com/forum/bu...0hp-build.html
2016 DSOM M7 Corvette Z06 not stock for long!
post #178 of 184 (permalink) Old 02-12-2017, 04:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dude1 View Post
That does look really good with the amber LED's as running lights... what did you splice the other wires into for the inward facing LED's? I didnt hook mine up
I just tied them into my courtesy lights in the door panels. they really aren't bright enough to help with backing up.. maybe I'll swap them with some GM nights someday down the road

-Greg
post #179 of 184 (permalink) Old 02-26-2017, 08:25 AM
DuramaxForum Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildFF View Post
I just tied them into my courtesy lights in the door panels. they really aren't bright enough to help with backing up.. maybe I'll swap them with some GM nights someday down the road
I was afraid that's what you would say. My LMM doesn't have the courtesy lights in the doors. I'm going to have to take the panels off again and see what I can tie them into. My lower glass is perfect and I'm nervous about trying to remove them so the amber LED's function as running lights, but man does that look good! Once I get it figure out I'll post a pic of what I tie them into for the other LMM owners. They do look awesome though

2009 CCSB Z71 LMM - PPEI tuning, S&B CAI, Banks boost tube, Fass Titanium 150, MBRP 4" Exhaust, PPE Race Valve, Edge CS2 Insight, Profab EGR delete, LB7 up pipe, MBRP downpipe, Quad Projector retrofit , Anzo tail lights, HID's, 18" XD Monsters, 285/65/18 Cooper ST PRO, Line X, Kenwood DDX470, Kicker 6.5', JL Audio amps, JL Audio 8w3v3
Build Thread
https://www.duramaxforum.com/forum/bu...0hp-build.html
2016 DSOM M7 Corvette Z06 not stock for long!
post #180 of 184 (permalink) Old 02-26-2017, 10:05 AM

If your wiring is similar to ours run them into the fuse box for interior lights on the courtesy feature man! Then use a LONG STEM narrow head flat head to remove the upper mirror.... DO NOT TUG OR PULL! need help holler!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode