NBS Jump Seat in OBS - Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum
Interior Discussion of anything in the cab of your truck.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-18-2014, 07:17 PM Thread Starter

NBS Jump Seat in OBS

My last jump seat wouldn't close and didn't have cup holders so I decided to get a new jump seat and it finally came in. Besides the leg getting bent from shipping everything lined up perfect. Only took me about an hour and half dealing with the bent leg and doing it myself.
Name:  Snapchat-3014691642604605676.jpg
Views: 9725
Size:  31.3 KB

Name:  20141218_163359.jpg
Views: 7195
Size:  31.7 KB

Name:  20141218_163407.jpg
Views: 2910
Size:  28.9 KB
I plan to get seat covers so the color doesn't bother me.

2001 3500 drw 6.0 vortec
Hi-flow mufflers, S&B intake, Ranch Hand legend bumper and rear dually wrap bumper, N-Fab wheel to wheel steps, 50" curved light bar with N-Fab mounts
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-17-2015, 04:12 PM

Pulley,
This is awesome, and GREAT news, that means no cutting and welding when I do the same thing! Awesome.
Thanks!

-Colt-

2009 2500HD, 4X4, CCLB, LTZ.

- All Synthetic Fluids
- PPE Deep Trans Pan
- 3" Zone Offroad Leveling Kit
- Airlift Wireless Airbag Helpers

- Hoping for more, soon!
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-17-2015, 05:08 PM Thread Starter

Glad I could help, best decision I've made and it looks so much better in my opinion.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-10-2015, 01:29 AM

UPDATE. Thanks for all the great info here. Wanted to follow up as I finally got this project done. I picked up the #3 version of the jumpseat as you see in the photos.

That style is an 07-14 I believe. Beyond 2015 it seems they have now changed the mount brackets, so I believe the new ones while cheaper are a no go in these older rigs. I got a black. There are grey ones out there buy not many.

Since there are even fewer in leather I got the black fabric and then bought a new custom fit set of leather covers in DK Titanium off ebay. It's not a "perfect" match to the Pewter leather of 2001 but very close and the covers were a near perfect fit for this seat. It looks perfect. I'll try to follow up with a few more photos that show detail.

Here's some info on what we ran into. Feel free to add things that you have learned.

Father and law and myself spent about 6 hours getting everything in place. Seats came out easy. Hard part was the new upholstery. Material fit perfectly, but they were not slip on's. Had to take each part of the seat apart. It's a pain because of some of the clips they used. If you have a local shop that will install these pre-made Katskin style upholstery for a couple hours labor I would say go for it.

That said it could be done by one person (though having two was a great asset as there was some stretching and pulling involved. I broke a few clips taking the main plastic parts trays, but nothing I could not beef it up with a few screws on reassembly.

Top lis latch came out easy. The latch in the lower lid (seat cushion part) was confusing at first. Eventually I realized you can pop out the metal rod and and handle with a screwdriver (don't lose the spring). It bends the rob a little and you have to bend back, but there and there are screws underneath. Note the position of the spring as you remove, it will save you time.

Once the three pieces were separated, removing the black fabric was not a big deal. But stapling on the new material took time. We hand an arrow style stapler and it will go into the plastic parts, but it's hard for it for they bend. In some areas we used small screws along with the staples to secure. Had to trim a cut a little to expose the screw holes for re-assembly.

The main console came out pretty easy, but the front section (the part with the cassette player) was a bit of a pain. There are screws underneath and we ended up using a 90 degree socket adapter and a flex extension for those 7mm screws.

That done re-assembly was easy and the seat popped right in. Wife and kids had all the mess from under the seats all cleaned out and we bolted everything in.

As reported on other threads, the bolts line right up even though this seat is for a newer truck. The fit is TIGHT once the seats are in. Everything works and looks fine, but you can hear the leather creak when you move them back and forth because they are rubbing tight against each other. Seat back goes up fine, it's just tight in between the buckets. It could be tight enough that if you have manual seats it might be a hassle, so just and FYI.

Having the black plastic parts on the jumpseat (since this was out of a black truck) does not clash with the pewter grey interior. It goes other black dash and interior parts and makes a proper accent.

I will need to close up the duct down below and also there is no power connection for the cig plug in the under storage area of the seat. I'm sure something could be wired up, but no biggie.

I am more focused on the small hollow left by the front (cassette) part of the console below the ash tray. I'm guessing there's a stock cover panel or pop out tray that went there on jumpseat vehicles, but I don't yet know what it's called so I have not found one. If anyone knows that part please let me know.

All in all I'm very pleased. We can not fit the whole family and it looks good in the truck. The #3 model jump seat has great cup holders and lots of storage with the two compartments.

I'll tinker with a few more fine details and try and post some more photos. I also have the pewter console that I pulled out. If someone wants a console I would be interested in selling.

-- Gav
Attached Images

Gavin Seim - Adventure Photographer
2013 Express Passenger LGH - 2001 Sierra 2500 LB7 + 2014 32ft Fun Finder 299KIQB
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-10-2015, 01:31 AM

Sorry meant to post this on my thread. Will take it over there. Mod can delete this and my last response if they like. Thanks for all the good info on this thread. Helped to work this out.

Gavin Seim - Adventure Photographer
2013 Express Passenger LGH - 2001 Sierra 2500 LB7 + 2014 32ft Fun Finder 299KIQB
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode