New guy from SE WI - Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum
Introductions Introduce yourself here

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-17-2019, 11:17 AM Thread Starter

New guy from SE WI

After wanting a crew cab long bed LBZ for many years now I finally found one that had everything I wanted, took a small drive to get it and I love it. It's a 2007 LT3, fully loaded minus a few things, it has EFI Live which I'm not thrilled about but at least that's money I won't have to spend in the future, it's deleted as well and has a 5" straight pipe and an S&B CAI but other than that is pretty much stock. I don't have any big plans for it, I went kind of overboard adding stuff to my 06 1500 and I don't need to be doing that to this truck too lol. Really all I plan on doing it is first and foremost fixing the trans leak, then in the spring getting the rockers and cab corners replaced, getting some new wheels and then just pay it off and drive it. I don't have many pictures of the Duramax on my laptop and the ones I do have also have my 06 1500 in them too. This is my first diesel and I'm looking forward to learning more about them on here!
Attached Images

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-18-2019, 03:42 AM
Duramax Lifetime Supporter

Garage
Welcome aboard.

2016 GMC DenaliHD Crew Cab 4WD DRW 3500, GAZ Summit White/H2Y Cocoa Dune, 5SA Denali, CF5 Power Sunroof, LML Duramax 6.6L Turbo Diesel w/ Allison 6 Speed Trans, Il6-I06 Audio System 8" Diagonal Color Touch W/Navigation & Intellilink, U42 Rear Entertainment System, Z82 Trailering Equipment Pkg, Z85 Heavy Duty Suspension, UY2 Camper/5th Wheel Trailer Wiring Provisions, Y65 Driver Alert Package, UD5 Front & Rear Park Assist, KB6 Heated & Vented Seats Driver & Front Passenger, JL1 Trailer Brake Controller
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-18-2019, 07:04 AM

This thread will have some information you may be interested in:

https://www.duramaxforum.com/forum/m...ew-owners.html

In addition, do you know what tune/s the EFI live has in your truck? If the answer is no Id try and find out who the previous owner is and get that information. If you cannot, then my advice is to get tuning from a reputable tuner.

If the tuning is too hot for what you use the truck for you can hurt your transmission very badly with a tune that is too hot. Just MYHO.

2008 Silverado 2500HD CCSB LTZ Diesel
FASS 95 Lift Pump (with Baldwin filters), Edge Insight CTS Monitor on a Windshield Mount, Nicktane Fuel Filter Adapter w/ CAT 306-9199 UHE tertiary fuel filter, Bilstein 5100 Stock Height, Bushwacker Bed Rail Caps, AMP Research Bedstep, Fumoto oil drain valve, Dorman PS Oil cooler, Pioneer AVIC 7200NEX GPS/Stereo, Air Lift LoadLifter 5000 Air Bags.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-18-2019, 05:10 PM Thread Starter

I don't know the specific tunes it has right now other than one is a stock tune, I called the place that did the tuning and I'm waiting on the owner to call me back and tell me what tunes the previous owner had installed. Thankfully the previous owner left his old registration paper in the center console so I had his name.

From what I can tell these may be my tunes:

1-stockish
2-no idea, maybe a towing tune
3-hp tune of some sort I think
4-definitely an hp tune
5-also an hp tune

I messed with all five tunes the day after I got it and have kept it on 1 since then. I'm dropping off the truck tomorrow to get the leak figured out so now I just have to hope that it isn't something really expensive and will be fixed quickly. Aside from the leak I'm loving the truck, I love my 06 but the Duramax will be able to do anything and everything I could ever need it to do. I'm also happy that I don't appear to have a smoke tune, I liked those when I was younger but I don't really care for them these days.
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-18-2019, 05:38 PM
DuramaxForum n00b

Garage
Welcome! I'm also from SE Wisconsin. I have a baby Duramax.

2016 Chevy Colorado Z71 Trail Boss Duramax CCSB
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-19-2019, 02:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forsakenmilitia View Post
I don't know the specific tunes it has right now other than one is a stock tune, I called the place that did the tuning and I'm waiting on the owner to call me back and tell me what tunes the previous owner had installed. Thankfully the previous owner left his old registration paper in the center console so I had his name.

From what I can tell these may be my tunes:

1-stockish
2-no idea, maybe a towing tune
3-hp tune of some sort I think
4-definitely an hp tune
5-also an hp tune

I messed with all five tunes the day after I got it and have kept it on 1 since then. I'm dropping off the truck tomorrow to get the leak figured out so now I just have to hope that it isn't something really expensive and will be fixed quickly. Aside from the leak I'm loving the truck, I love my 06 but the Duramax will be able to do anything and everything I could ever need it to do. I'm also happy that I don't appear to have a smoke tune, I liked those when I was younger but I don't really care for them these days.
Let us know what they are when you find out, and who is the tuner?

2008 Silverado 2500HD CCSB LTZ Diesel
FASS 95 Lift Pump (with Baldwin filters), Edge Insight CTS Monitor on a Windshield Mount, Nicktane Fuel Filter Adapter w/ CAT 306-9199 UHE tertiary fuel filter, Bilstein 5100 Stock Height, Bushwacker Bed Rail Caps, AMP Research Bedstep, Fumoto oil drain valve, Dorman PS Oil cooler, Pioneer AVIC 7200NEX GPS/Stereo, Air Lift LoadLifter 5000 Air Bags.
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-19-2019, 06:02 AM
DuramaxForum n00b

Nice truck! I would've loved to get an '06/07 Chevy but got too good of deal on my '03 LB7.

2003 CCSB LB7 GMC 2500HD D/A 4x4
Bought in '19 with 214k miles
Bully Dog tuner
Pro Flo exhaust
Leveled with Bilsteins
305/55/20 Falkens on LML 20s
Ranch Hand
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-19-2019, 09:00 AM

Nice looking truck and welcome! I am also in SE WI

2016 GMC Denali 3500HD SRW CCSB LML
Stock Powertrain | Morimito XB Fogs | WeatherTech Mats
2011 GMC Sierra 2500HD CCSB LML - SOLD
ECM/TCM tuned by Kory Willis @PPEI | Fass 150 Titanium w/ sump | 5" Flo-Pro w/ FTE Resonator
Edge Insight CS w/ pyro | Bilstein 5100's | Goodyear DuraTrac 285/60R20 | WeatherTech Mats
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-24-2019, 02:43 PM Thread Starter

The truck was tuned by Ryan's Diesel Service in North Prairie, WI and I at long last know exactly what tunes I have!

They are:

1-stock
2-30 hp
3-60 hp
4-100 hp
5-150 hp

I still have a few problems to sort out with the truck but I at least know where the source of my leaks are now, there are two bolts that are leaking coolant that was running down the side of the trans. I tried tightening the bolts and it looks like one has stopped leaking all together but I can't get the other to stop but I'm hesitant to try and tighten it further. At the very least I've got the leak slowed down until it gets dropped off to be repaired on the 3rd. Anyway, thanks for the welcomes to the site!

07 Classic 2500HD LBZ
EFI Live
LT3
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-24-2019, 03:23 PM

Welcome to the DF, nice truck!

2001 2500HD 4WD EXTENDED CAB LS,
S&B CAI, 4" STAINLESS STEEL EXHAUST, EFI LIVE FROM ATP TRUCKS, EDGE CTS, PPE BOOST VALVE, BANKS INTERCOOLER PIPE, AIR DOG II 165, REBUILT TRANNY WITH SUNCOAST KIT, TRANSGO SHIFTKIT AND BILLIT TORQUE CONVERTER, NEW UPGRADED TAILSHAFT, PUMP RUB FIX ON TRANSFER WITH NEW ALUMINUM TAIL SHAFT, NEW TOW MIRRORS, NEW GAGE HEAVY DUTY FRONT AND REAR BUMPERS, BEANS SUMP, FUMOTO VALVE, RARE PARTS TIE RODS WITH COGNITO PISK, MAD JACK FUEL FILTER ACCESS DOOR, STAINLESS STEEL SPEED BLEEDERS.
2011 GMC 3500HD DUALLY Welding Bed, 4WD CREW CAB, 4" downpipe back exhaust, def delete, egr delete, with new LB7 up pipe, pcv reroute, Fass 150, EFI live with DSP 5, HSP CAI. Air Lift Air bags. PPEI transmission tune.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode