New member - Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum
Introductions Introduce yourself here

1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-25-2019, 07:42 AM Thread Starter

Hello all,
I just purchased a 2015 GMC Sierra 2500hd Denali with Duramax. I live in northeast Illinois. Our main reason we bought this truck is to pull a fifth wheel rv. I really like this truck. I just learned about the Bosch fuel pump issue. No problems yet, but there is that uncertainty now. Is there anything I can do for preventative measures? Has a class action suit been filed?

Thanks,
Russ
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-25-2019, 08:58 AM
Duramax Lifetime Supporter

Welcome to the DF!

2001 2500HD 4WD EXTENDED CAB LS,
S&B CAI, 4" STAINLESS STEEL EXHAUST, EFI LIVE FROM ATP TRUCKS, EDGE CTS, PPE BOOST VALVE, BANKS INTERCOOLER PIPE, AIR DOG II 165, REBUILT TRANNY WITH SUNCOAST KIT, TRANSGO SHIFTKIT AND BILLIT TORQUE CONVERTER, NEW UPGRADED TAILSHAFT, PUMP RUB FIX ON TRANSFER WITH NEW ALUMINUM TAIL SHAFT, NEW TOW MIRRORS, NEW GAGE HEAVY DUTY FRONT AND REAR BUMPERS, BEANS SUMP, FUMOTO VALVE, RARE PARTS TIE RODS WITH COGNITO PISK, MAD JACK FUEL FILTER ACCESS DOOR, STAINLESS STEEL SPEED BLEEDERS.
2011 GMC 3500HD DUALLY Welding Bed, 4WD CREW CAB, 4" downpipe back exhaust, def delete, egr delete, with new LB7 up pipe, pcv reroute, Fass 150, EFI live with DSP 5, HSP CAI. Air Lift Air bags. PPEI transmission tune.
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-25-2019, 07:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpeiffer View Post
Hello all,
I just purchased a 2015 GMC Sierra 2500hd Denali with Duramax. I live in northeast Illinois. Our main reason we bought this truck is to pull a fifth wheel rv. I really like this truck. I just learned about the Bosch fuel pump issue. No problems yet, but there is that uncertainty now. Is there anything I can do for preventative measures? Has a class action suit been filed?

Thanks,
Russ
First, an answer to your question........... You can purchase fuel at a station that has Bio fuel, B5 or B20. The lubricity added by the bio will help the CP4 fuel pump. If that is not an option you can add a lubricity additive to each tank, Opti-Lube seems to be the best at adding that lubricity.

You can change your fuel pressure regulator to the Exergy replacement. This will not save the CP4 but will save the rest of your fuel delivery system should the CP4 grenade. Around $260 + labor. This may leave you in the middle of nowhere suddenly should the CP4 go, but the repair cost will be about $10,000 less than it would have been without.

Lastly you can change your CP4 to a CP3. Here is a thread that is about that conversion. Quite frankly if I had an LML, I would have already done this.

https://www.duramaxforum.com/forum/1...installed.html

Take your time, read and research all the above and decide what solution is best for you.

And finally, a bit of help you did not ask for. This thread may interest you as well.

https://www.duramaxforum.com/forum/m...ew-owners.html

2008 Silverado 2500HD CCSB LTZ Diesel
FASS 95 Lift Pump (with Baldwin filters), Edge Insight CTS Monitor on a Windshield Mount, Nicktane Fuel Filter Adapter w/ CAT 306-9199 UHE tertiary fuel filter, Bilstein 5100 Stock Height, Bushwacker Bed Rail Caps, AMP Research Bedstep, Fumoto oil drain valve, Dorman PS Oil cooler, Pioneer AVIC 7200NEX GPS/Stereo, Air Lift LoadLifter 5000 Air Bags.

Last edited by 407driver; 11-25-2019 at 07:13 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-25-2019, 08:08 PM
DuramaxForum n00b

Garage
Welcome to the forum!

2016 Chevy Colorado Z71 Trail Boss Duramax CCSB
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-26-2019, 01:44 AM
DF Sponsors

Welcome to the forum and congratulations on your purchase! You've made a great choice, make sure to share some pictures with us when you can.

Truck Experts http://www.carid.com/truck-accessories.html

Call Toll Free: 800.505.3274 | Facebook | Twitter | YouTube
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-26-2019, 06:37 AM

Hi everyone, new guy here. I just purchased a new 2019 Silverado 2500HD High County.

So far so good. Got a pretty good deal on it giving all the incentives they are offering theses days.

Looking to learn about taking care of her for the long haul.

Owner/Operator by trade.

Take care, Eddie
Duramaxdan59 likes this.
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-26-2019, 05:46 PM

Send a message via AIM to monkeyman
welcome to DF, I live in Illinois also, ask anything here and the proper answer will follow, good luck with your truck

To many vehicles to little time! New LP5 owner first 2017 GMC Denali Duramax
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-26-2019, 06:34 PM
DuramaxForum Enthusiast

Two things: It is considered improper to post your own introduction in someone else's intro thread. It's not a big deal but it's just a bit rude. Until you have at least 25 posts you are restricted from doing some things on the forum but in this section you can start a thread for yourself with no prior activity.

Second, there is a lot to learn here. You will get better responses to questions if there haven't been a hundred other similar inquiries. Not that any question is forbidden but when someone new comes here and obviously hasn't done anything to help themselves it discourages those who would otherwise try to help. If your question shows that you have put in some effort then by all means we will gladly fill in the blanks, as well as we can. We have some real experts here.

Thanks for joining us. Some day you will be the one advising others and that is how you pay back what you owe for the help you get along the way.
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-26-2019, 08:14 PM

Sorry, using a phone so things don't always jump out at you, thought i was using a New Member section.
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-27-2019, 05:06 AM

Welcome to DF and enjoy these posts, a lot of good info here.

2003 Silverado Fass 165, 45% over injectors, Banks big head, Banks 6 gun, Banks Exhaust and filter. Bed Carpet, Pace Edwards electric Tonneau Cover. 122000 miles
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode