Hello!! - Page 16 - Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum
Introductions Introduce yourself here

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #151 of 156 (permalink) Old 02-10-2010, 10:14 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaughninms View Post
I may be wrong (I'm absolutely no tuner), but I would think that one of the tuners here could build your tune(s) that would produce your smoke at WOT. Since our skinny pedals are connected to potentiometers (sp?), I would think that WOT would be a setting that could be captured for EFI. Then you would have your smoke only when you put the pedal to the metal.
Yea, EFI can pretty much do anything. In addition to the added horse power, the guy actually created a smoke tune for me (not sure how all that works, I'm assuming just dumping a ton of unburned fuel to the motor) It rolled smoke like crazy. Especially at higher speeds. Sure do miss it... lol

~*~'06 LBZ~*~
EFI Live DSP 5, Trans Go, Race Fuel Valve, Straight Pipe, 5" tip, Tie Rod Sleeves, Auto Meter Guages, EGR Block, Pitman/Idler Braces, Rear Lift Blocks, Air Dog Lift Pump, ATS Rear Diff Cover
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #152 of 156 (permalink) Old 02-10-2010, 10:15 AM
DuramaxForum Enthusiast

Garage
Send a message via AIM to ChevyDMax89
Your safer now lol

NAME: JIMMY
2006 Silverado 2500HD 4x4 crew cab (black), 20" chrome Moto Metal 962 wheels wrapped with 32x11 Toyo Mud Terrains, 2" wheel spacers, Bilstein 5100 series shocks, Banks Ram-Air Intake, custom straight pipe exhaust w/5" tip, EGR Delete, FASS 150 lift pump, PPEI dsp5 tuned by Kory, Suncoast Gmax 6 w/1056 converter, Edge Insight moniter, 8k HIDs in head/foglights, Limo tint, 7" Pioneer Double-din, (2) Boss Phantom 12s in custom box, more coming soon...
post #153 of 156 (permalink) Old 02-10-2010, 10:30 AM

EFI Live can make you Roll Coal. However there is more to change than just dumping a bunch of fuel, and smoke tunes can be very harmful to your truck. You wont find very many "Established" EFI Live Tuners to do this for you. Yes EFI Live can make your truck do just about anything. However its true potential over other "Cookie Cutter" Tuners, (PPE,Edge,Diablo, Etc, Etc,) is refinement. Just my two cens!

05' LLY ECSB
MBRP 4" Turbo Back with 3" down pipe.
Auto Meter EGT & Boost Gauges, K&N Intake
[EFI live Flash Scan V1, DSP 5 With Key lock Switch]
LBZ Mouth Piece,
Blocked, Shimmed, Re-routed, plugged,
SS Tie Rod Sleeves

Inglewood Built Transmission,
Pump Rub Fix, Larger tranny cooler.
"Arizona Diesel Club"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #154 of 156 (permalink) Old 02-10-2010, 10:36 AM Thread Starter

The one limp was enough to scare me and make me realize that the EFI tune I had was amazing but definitely not safe for the truck. PPE is a decent tune for lower speeds, I'm not happy with it after about 60 mph though.

~*~'06 LBZ~*~
EFI Live DSP 5, Trans Go, Race Fuel Valve, Straight Pipe, 5" tip, Tie Rod Sleeves, Auto Meter Guages, EGR Block, Pitman/Idler Braces, Rear Lift Blocks, Air Dog Lift Pump, ATS Rear Diff Cover
post #155 of 156 (permalink) Old 02-10-2010, 10:48 AM

Im still running a stock ally 5 speed with EFI Live And DSP 5 switch. I have a few high horsepower tunes one being +198 hp. Keep my foot out of it in 4th and 5th and no problems..."Yet" Like I said before the refinement my EFI Live tuner makes with his tunes is on the banks of unbelievable. I have never had a vehicle shift so smooth in my life. Literally you hear the exhaust tone change but no physical feeling of shift in the truck. A good EFI LIve tune is worth Gold in my opinion.

05' LLY ECSB
MBRP 4" Turbo Back with 3" down pipe.
Auto Meter EGT & Boost Gauges, K&N Intake
[EFI live Flash Scan V1, DSP 5 With Key lock Switch]
LBZ Mouth Piece,
Blocked, Shimmed, Re-routed, plugged,
SS Tie Rod Sleeves

Inglewood Built Transmission,
Pump Rub Fix, Larger tranny cooler.
"Arizona Diesel Club"
post #156 of 156 (permalink) Old 02-16-2010, 04:08 PM
Duramax Forum Supporter

first of all, welcome MS.TAMMY, you seem like a "package deal"! nice truck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedygoss View Post
Im still running a stock ally 5 speed with EFI Live And DSP 5 switch. I have a few high horsepower tunes one being +198 hp. Keep my foot out of it in 4th and 5th and no problems..."Yet" Like I said before the refinement my EFI Live tuner makes with his tunes is on the banks of unbelievable. I have never had a vehicle shift so smooth in my life. Literally you hear the exhaust tone change but no physical feeling of shift in the truck. A good EFI LIve tune is worth Gold in my opinion.

this with no trans mod?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode