2020 Def level recall - Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum
L5P TSB (service bulletins, recalls, updates) Postings of Tech Service info for any New L5P engine issues.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-07-2019, 03:24 PM Thread Starter

2020 Def level recall

Took my 2020 in for the tire shakes and the service advisor said there is some sort of def level recall. figured I would mention it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-08-2019, 09:27 AM

The Bulletin N192266750 for a software flash I have documented in another thread. It is not a recall and it did not fix my truck when flashed last week. My DEF levels still show half to almost empty when I filled the tank. It seemed to work for a few days showing full then reverted back. Not good -- with mine because of the unknown fix and cause sent the Lemon Law notification letter to GM per the required instructions and per my State Texas requirement Texas Lemon Law Codified as Occupations Code Chapter 2301.

2020 GMC Denali 2500
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-13-2019, 06:25 PM Thread Starter

I worded that incorrectly. It's a TSB. My 2020 has not had an issue with DEF usage and or level issue.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Unread Yesterday, 11:10 PM

My dealer did this on Thursday. Along with the seat belt fix and ordered a front winter grill cover. Mine I had just filled the Def, it showed one bar low before the flash. Showed completely full after.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Unread Today, 11:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2001400ex View Post
My dealer did this on Thursday. Along with the seat belt fix and ordered a front winter grill cover. Mine I had just filled the Def, it showed one bar low before the flash. Showed completely full after.
Keep your eye on it. Mine did the same thing then went haywire again. New fix is to install new DEF Tank Assy. Part is backordered. Been waiting a month so far.

2020 GMC Denali 2500
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in