L5p bulletins, recalls and updated calibrations - Page 18 - Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum
L5P TSB (service bulletins, recalls, updates) Postings of Tech Service info for any New L5P engine issues.

35Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #171 of 178 (permalink) Old 10-31-2018, 03:55 PM
LHN...We ARE the Joneses

Send a message via Yahoo to Hook'em_Horns! Send a message via Skype™ to Hook'em_Horns!
Quote:
Originally Posted by atch71 View Post
i would but I bought it in Calif. and have since moved to Idaho.
You're in the U.S.A., right?
Warranty is handled by any Chevy Dealer in the country.
You're not limited to the Purchased from Dealer.

2007 LBZ 3500 LT3 DRW Crew Cab, Sulastics, Putnam XDR 15K, B&W 30K-Turnover GN+Companion, Ride-Rite Air...EFI'd by Rob
2008 LMM 3500WT DRW Crew Cab, 8 'Flat/GN, Workforce Alum Toolbox, Ride-Rite Air

Use-ta Haves 2006-6.0 3500 WT DRW ExCab Flatbed, 2005-LLY 3500 LS DRW Crew Cab, 2002-LB7 3500 LS DRW Crew Cab
I Live my life in such a way that when my feet hit the floor in the morning...Satan shudders & says "Oh shit, he's awake!"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #172 of 178 (permalink) Old 10-31-2018, 08:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hook'em_Horns! View Post
You're in the U.S.A., right?
Warranty is handled by any Chevy Dealer in the country.
You're not limited to the Purchased from Dealer.
You're right! I'll give them a little more time If they don't fix it correctly I'll go for the buy back. Case number is at level 4 escalation right now. Whatever that means
post #173 of 178 (permalink) Old 10-31-2018, 10:27 PM

You might even try a gmc dealer. I buy gmc' mostly but the best dealer for fixing things is a Chevrolet dealer.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #174 of 178 (permalink) Old 11-01-2018, 07:31 AM

I have just experienced the low coolant error message this week. I came on two days in a row, then nothing more.
My truck also has a stumble on acceleration occasionally from a 25-35mph roll. That has happened more than a few times and could potentially be a safety issue in the wrong circumstances.
Mine is a 17 GMC 2500 with 14k miles. Otherwise has been a great truck.
post #175 of 178 (permalink) Old 05-01-2019, 09:45 AM

Garage
Not sure if this is the correct forum thread to post but this just popped up on my GMC homepage. It's a Recall Notice for the Diesel Engine Heater Block Cord. There is no remedy yet apparently.

GM Recall #:N182206311
NHTSA #TBD
Date Issued:May 01, 2019

Recall Title:

Diesel Engine Block Heater Cord

Recall Description:

General Motors has notified the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) about an upcoming safety recall that involves customer owned 2017 - 2019 model year Chevrolet Silverado 2500/3500, 2017 – 2019 GMC Sierra 2500/3500, and 2019 Chevrolet Silverado Medium Duty 4500/5500/6500 vehicles. In vehicles equipped with the Duramax diesel 6.6 liter engine and the optional engine-block heater cord, a short-circuit condition may develop in the engine-block heater cable or in the terminals that connect the heater cable to the block heater. A short-circuit condition can cause damage to engine components and, in rare cases, start a fire in the engine compartment. GM is developing a final repair that will restore the functionality of the engine-block heater

Safety Risk Description:

A short-circuit condition can cause damage to engine components and, in rare cases, start a fire in the engine compartment.

Repair Description:

Parts are not currently available, but when parts are available, a bulletin will be published

Recall Status: INCOMPLETE. REMEDY NOT YET AVAILABLE

2019 GMC 3500HD Denali 4WD CC DRW. Frost White/Jet Black interior. L5P w/Allison 6sp. Bone stock and looking for you all to tell me what's supposed to added...or shouldn't be to this signature. Gasser converting over to that diesel lifestyle
Adds:
Tonnosport Roll-up Cover | DuHa underseat storage | center console top tray | Carhartt seatcovers F&B in Gravel Gray | Lund Window Deflectors | Swinging bed toolbox pass. side | Duraflap Mud Guards | BedRug Bed Mat |
post #176 of 178 (permalink) Old 01-14-2020, 08:48 PM

Same here, on my 2018 2500 GMC, immediately after my 18,000 service the fuel efficiency dropped. All services including new fuel & air filters. Runs okay no leaks under truck. Dealer did not seem to care, says we will check on next service. Was getting 22-23 MPG before service now lucky to get 18 MPG not towing anything. Towing 9,000 pound boat around flat Florida always got around 11 MPG, surprised this light load cut fuel in half.
Any ideas?
post #177 of 178 (permalink) Old 01-21-2020, 06:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foghorn View Post
Same here, on my 2018 2500 GMC, immediately after my 18,000 service the fuel efficiency dropped. All services including new fuel & air filters. Runs okay no leaks under truck. Dealer did not seem to care, says we will check on next service. Was getting 22-23 MPG before service now lucky to get 18 MPG not towing anything. Towing 9,000 pound boat around flat Florida always got around 11 MPG, surprised this light load cut fuel in half.
Any ideas?
The best I ever got with my truck was low 19's with summer blend. In the winter I'm lucky to see 18.

2018 GMC Sierra 2500HD, DMAX, CC, 4WD

2" Rough Country Level
Fox Performance 2.0 Shocks
Cooper Discoverer AT3 XLT, 285-75R18
LineX Bedliner
Leer 180 Cap
post #178 of 178 (permalink) Old 01-23-2020, 09:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theJman View Post
The best I ever got with my truck was low 19's with summer blend. In the winter I'm lucky to see 18.
Thanks, just can't figure out the situation. Lost approx. 5 mpg after a routine GMC dealer service.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode