Excessive regens! - Page 2 - Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum
L5P TSB (service bulletins, recalls, updates) Postings of Tech Service info for any New L5P engine issues.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-02-2019, 07:04 AM
Duramax Forum Supporter

I have 3500miles on 17 ltz duramax never noticed a , How do you know when this is going on
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-02-2019, 08:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazySilverado View Post
I have 3500miles on 17 ltz duramax never noticed a , How do you know when this is going on
Well it’s happened, for sure. You’ll notice when your fuel mileage goes to crap, and you may smell your exhaust system getting extra hot.
post #13 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-02-2019, 10:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Wing View Post
Has anyone tried something like DPF remedy to decrease the sooting of the exhaust?

I am still a bit surprised myself but I am using Better Diesel FBC additive and convinced it is making a significant difference in my regeneration frequency and duration. I am driving about 2/3 highway miles and 1/3 city miles. On the last tank I drove 410 miles since the prior regeneration but the regeneration only lasted 12 miles of highway miles. Prior to that I had driven 793 miles between regeneration's and it took 13 miles to clear. On that tank I did have about 230 miles pulling a trailer so perhaps that impacted that tank experience. I do not have a lot of experience yet with this truck but prior to using the FBC I was have a regeneration about every 350 miles and often lasting up to 25 miles.

One of my co-workers is using it in a diesel Canyon and he is reporting similar reductions in the duration and frequency of regenerations.

2018 Duramax GMC 2500
2006 VW Jetta TDI
2000 VW New Beetle TDI Retired after deer hit
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode