GM Recall #: N182206311 - Page 3 - Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum
L5P TSB (service bulletins, recalls, updates) Postings of Tech Service info for any New L5P engine issues.

8Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 50 (permalink) Old 07-26-2019, 07:44 PM

Garage
My dealer did the recall without my permission. So I trashed them on the survey and now they're pissed. Told them maybe next time you listen to the customer as I brought it in for an oil change and said don't do anything else.

Service manager claimed "they had to because it was a fire risk" I told him only a fire risk if plugged in and he said oh no, live wires in there.

Told him he was an idiot and that's why he got a bad review.

Now on tell GM how f'd up it is to pass on surveys with customer's name attached.

What's the value of a survey if they do that?

“Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, but expecting different results.” - Albert Einstein

2017 2500HD GMC Denali CCSB

Last edited by henry42; 07-26-2019 at 07:47 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 50 (permalink) Old 07-27-2019, 09:22 AM

In the mean time why not just stick a Kats oil pan heater on.

https://katsblockheater.com/block-he...pad-heater-250

2004 LB7 - Sold
2008 LMM - Idaho Rob - Full Delete - 350k miles and counting
2017 L5P - To be continued..
post #23 of 50 (permalink) Old 08-01-2019, 03:22 PM

Odd that some here reported that dealers cut the cord on their heaters. I didn't take mine in because I live so far away from dealer, but I called today to see if there was any word on parts to fix it. Service tech told me that recall had changed and no longer included 2500 and 3500, just need to bring it in so they can clear it from the recall.

269 Bob
2019 Chevy 2500HD Midnight Edition
SW Mich.

Last edited by 269_Bob; 08-01-2019 at 04:11 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24 of 50 (permalink) Old 08-01-2019, 05:47 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 269_Bob View Post
Odd that some here reported that dealers cut the cord on their heaters. I didn't take mine in because I live so far away from dealer, but I called today to see if there was any word on parts to fix it. Service tech told me that recall had changed and no longer included 2500 and 3500, just need to bring it in so they can clear it from the recall.
Yeah, and I've got some nice land to sell you in Florida (pay no attention to the yellow caution tape surrounding the neighborhood along with the signs saying sinkholes beware). Just come on by and let me lighten your wallet for you.

Why on earth would you have to bring it in if there's no recall?

Come on dude. If you were smart enough to buy a diesel you should know he was pulling your leg.

“Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, but expecting different results.” - Albert Einstein

2017 2500HD GMC Denali CCSB
post #25 of 50 (permalink) Old 08-02-2019, 06:54 AM

I guess everyone isn't as smart as you are. He wasn't pulling anything, vehicle has to be in order to be cleared from recall, no one said there was no recall, he said it now only applies to 4500 and 5500 trucks. Gosh, I wish I was as smart as you(not). And I think you know where you can shove you Florida land!

269 Bob
2019 Chevy 2500HD Midnight Edition
SW Mich.
post #26 of 50 (permalink) Old 08-02-2019, 07:33 AM
DuramaxForum Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by 269_Bob View Post
I guess everyone isn't as smart as you are. He wasn't pulling anything, vehicle has to be in order to be cleared from recall, no one said there was no recall, he said it now only applies to 4500 and 5500 trucks. Gosh, I wish I was as smart as you(not). And I think you know where you can shove you Florida land!

Maybe the dealer guy got confused about how they are treating the 45/55/65's?

https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/rcl/201...9V328-3409.pdf

From top of notification:

Attention: It is a violation of Federal law for a dealer to deliver a new motor vehicle or any new or used item of motor
vehicle equipment (including a tire) covered by this notification under a sale or lease until the defect or
noncompliance is remedied.

This recall applies to used inventory. For customer vehicles, you do not need to disable the engine-block
heater. If the customer requests the disable procedure be completed, you may proceed but advising the
customer to NOT use the heater block cord is sufficient. GM is developing a final repair that will restore
the functionality of the engine-block heater.

Dealers will be advised when the disable procedure and remedy for 2019 Chevrolet Silverado
4500/5500/6500 medium duty trucks is available. At this time, these new vehicles are on a stop delivery
order under N182206312.

All involved vehicles that are in used inventory must be held and not delivered to customers, dealer
traded, or used for demonstration purposes until the repair contained in this bulletin has been performed
on the vehicle.

Later in pdf it does say that this current 'procedure' does not apply to the 45/55/65's.

FWIW, the procedure says to cut the cord off at the heater, rather than extending it and cutting the plug of the end of cord at the wheelwell.

(I'm gonna guess that's so it's not possible to attach a new plug to the end of the cord)

2018 GMC 2500 L5P CCSB 4x4 Denali - Mineral Metallic; previous '11 LML, '10 LMM and 04.5 LLY
post #27 of 50 (permalink) Old 08-03-2019, 07:27 PM
DuramaxForum n00b

Hello to the group. I have the chance to purchase a new 2019 Denali at a dealership. They will have to bring it in from a different dealership.
The build sheet says it has a engine block heater. A few line down on the build sheet is says engine block disabled.

Does that mean the cord was not installed or removed?
And should GM fix the problem?
I understand GM has a problem with the cords possiblity shorting out.
The dealership is closed till Monday so I thought I would ask the group.
Maybe someone else had the issue.
Thanks.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
post #28 of 50 (permalink) Old 08-03-2019, 09:25 PM
DuramaxForum Fanatic

A dealer can't deliver to a retail customer a vehicle vehicle with an outstanding recall item.

Disabling the heater meets that requirement.

All Dmaxes are equipped with block heaters.
When the fix is released, that truck will have the fix applied, just like the rest of them that are already in customer hands.

The 'disabled' line and associated RPO code is indicating it was disabled at the factory, so a dealer that wants to deliver it to a retail customer does not have to perform the temporary repair.
Rick_Schaber likes this.

2018 GMC 2500 L5P CCSB 4x4 Denali - Mineral Metallic; previous '11 LML, '10 LMM and 04.5 LLY
post #29 of 50 (permalink) Old 08-07-2019, 02:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by redwngr View Post
A dealer can't deliver to a retail customer a vehicle vehicle with an outstanding recall item.

Disabling the heater meets that requirement.

All Dmaxes are equipped with block heaters.
When the fix is released, that truck will have the fix applied, just like the rest of them that are already in customer hands.

The 'disabled' line and associated RPO code is indicating it was disabled at the factory, so a dealer that wants to deliver it to a retail customer does not have to perform the temporary repair.
Just called as I had an appointment on Friday to get my coolant tank fixed, and they have told me there is a fix for block heater cord and will be doing that also on Friday.
redwngr and paauto like this.
post #30 of 50 (permalink) Old 08-08-2019, 09:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeardedBBQ View Post
Just called as I had an appointment on Friday to get my coolant tank fixed, and they have told me there is a fix for block heater cord and will be doing that also on Friday.
Look forward to hearing how it goes - "Winter's Coming!"
BeardedBBQ likes this.

2017 GMC Denali HD Duramax - Deep Garnet Metallic Exterior, Cocoa/Dark Sand Interior

Mods: 18" Fuel Pump Matte Black Wheels w/ BFG T/A KO2 265/70s, 2" McGaughy's Drop Shackles, Bilstein 5100 Shocks, Amsoil Dual Bypass Oil Filters, MBRP Stainless Exhaust, Revolver X2 Tonneau, Morimoto XB LED Fogs, T-Rex Matte Black Stealth Grille with Light Bar / T-Rex Bumper Insert, AMI Styling GMC Grille Badge, Factory Badges Yanked Off, Wolo Air Horns to Replace Factory Horns, Kleinn Train Horns w/ On-Board Compressor, Cor-Box Storage Box, Edge CTS2, Rostra Heated Rear Seats, Aluminum Liquid Pedals, Mag HyTec Rear Diff Cover, Clear Bra 18", Front Doors Tinted 20%/All Other Windows & Sunroof Tinted 40%, IntelliHaul mirror cameras and front cam.

Last edited by paauto; 08-08-2019 at 09:50 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in