L5p troubles and Nightmare! - Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum
L5P TSB (service bulletins, recalls, updates) Postings of Tech Service info for any New L5P engine issues.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-18-2019, 03:45 PM Thread Starter

Thumbs down L5p troubles and Nightmare!

Hey guys and gals!

Been awhile since I have posted on this forum, Well long story short I have had nothing but a nightmare of a time with this 2017 Gmc Denali L5P I have the issues with the dash and radio freezing and Just turning off completely... Dealership says it fine On to the next issues.. Front bumper starts to peel off and dealership says its me issue So call gm canada and lets say bumper gets a fresh paint job at the body shop... does not even last 5 months before it RUSTS threw Now bumper needs to be replaced and paints.....Call gm canada tell me go back to the dealership/body shop did both they both tell me nothing they can do for me..... AWESOME SAUCE truck goes in for XM radio shark fin recall well dealer fights me on that one. Wreckers my head liner taking the damn thing out.... like WTF then No my Rear work lights in the mirror start to bugger off and flicker and now just don't work.... Wont cover under "Warrnetiy" trucks passed it 60k... Even tho all of this has been noted Well AND I MEAN WELL before the 60k.... Emission issues like crazy with Nox senson 1 and 2 and Reduction lines being replaced and waited almost 1month and 2 weeks for the part to be brought in... Truck smells like a damn Kitty litter box at the exhaust and I just put my bloody head into the Def tank and sniffed it like the Natives do for gasonline....dealership says its fine... Burn Def like a big block floored to the boards going over to the girls house when she texts you Parents are gone! Now the latest issues i am having with this truck is the damn P129B code every time i bring it in to the dealership they can get the code to come up... Drove the truck in with the damn come on the truck got them to scan the truck... Trucks in spec...... WTFFFFFFFFFF I am dealing with a different dealership now and they are no better I am at my wits end with this truck! I have had a lb7 lbz and still ahve my lmm Which i love rather that truck over this thing... It is a tow truck with a wrecker on it so its is used almost every day well when it works and runs and the dealership does not have it..... Sorry for The long Terrible spellin and Grammer Just Pissed off and over this wanna do a Fire sale on it and just walk away Never had so many issues with a truck and a dealership which i have brought all my trucks from over the years.....

2009 Lmm Silverado CCLB 4x4 Sport-comp II gauges Fuel/pyro/Boost/Insight CTS SDP Twin S480Batmowheel compounded kit over, Danville Stage2R68mm,PPE Duel Fuelers 45 Over injectors,16-1 .20 over Mahel Cast pistons,Carrillo Rods, SocalDamper, Arp hardware keyed Crank and Cam Balanced Crank and rods. Merchant motor and transfer case mounts,PCV Reroute, Custom Rear air bags, fully built transmission, 3 inch body lift on 33 Toyos.
Tuned By Mark @ Danville Performance 880whp 1474.33 torque Dnyoed-- RIP Jan 28 2017 Crank let go again Rebuilding with Billet crank and New AF Cam

2017 L5P Denali 3500 DRW

GM DRW club member #126
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-23-2019, 06:06 PM
Duramax Lifetime Supporter

Send a message via AIM to monkeyman
all that stuff is under warranty!!

To many vehicles to little time! New LP5 owner first 2017 GMC Denali Duramax
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-29-2019, 07:08 PM Thread Starter

Sorry for late Update. Yes it was under warranty But it took alot of Fighting to get it covered because the STEALERSHIP Not going to name names didnt have a hoist or Diesel Tech to fix my truck... And yet they call them selfs a truck center.... Went to a different Dealership and spoke to gm Canada and things got done. Latest issues is the damn back window recall I had to pay for a replacement before the put out the recall on them and the dealership at the time told me it was because it has a wrecker on it... 1400 later and now a recall is out.... SWEEEETTTTT NICE ONE GM!!!!

The other day i noticed my CTS2 was reading my truck soot when it was in regen and it got all the way down to 0 percent Then Spiked up to 52 Percent... Is this normal I forced a couple regens my self and the lowest i got it to bounce back to was 44% Wondering in the dpf is Gonezooo or if my CTS is not reading right truck only has 108km on it.... or all the previous issues i had with the truck took out the Dpf ??? I am just lost and at the point of buying a 2020 or just deleting the one and taking me chances with MOE <-- EPA for canada.

2009 Lmm Silverado CCLB 4x4 Sport-comp II gauges Fuel/pyro/Boost/Insight CTS SDP Twin S480Batmowheel compounded kit over, Danville Stage2R68mm,PPE Duel Fuelers 45 Over injectors,16-1 .20 over Mahel Cast pistons,Carrillo Rods, SocalDamper, Arp hardware keyed Crank and Cam Balanced Crank and rods. Merchant motor and transfer case mounts,PCV Reroute, Custom Rear air bags, fully built transmission, 3 inch body lift on 33 Toyos.
Tuned By Mark @ Danville Performance 880whp 1474.33 torque Dnyoed-- RIP Jan 28 2017 Crank let go again Rebuilding with Billet crank and New AF Cam

2017 L5P Denali 3500 DRW

GM DRW club member #126
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old Today, 04:42 PM
Duramax Lifetime Supporter

Send a message via AIM to monkeyman
they replaced my entire radio under warranty never heard of a back window recall? what for?

To many vehicles to little time! New LP5 owner first 2017 GMC Denali Duramax
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode