Block Heater Recall Replacement - Page 2 - Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum
L5P TSB (service bulletins, recalls, updates) Postings of Tech Service info for any New L5P engine issues.

56Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 142 (permalink) Old 08-26-2019, 08:07 PM
DuramaxForum Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by HIGHCOUNTRY_USCG View Post
UGH! I live in Alaska is there an alternative? I donít think I can go the winter without it. This will be my first winter here.
I expect you'll see parts in Alaska before were see them here.

2018 GMC 2500 L5P CCSB 4x4 Denali - Mineral Metallic; previous '11 LML, '10 LMM and 04.5 LLY
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 142 (permalink) Old 08-26-2019, 08:40 PM
Duramax Lifetime Supporter

I would purchase:

1) a grille cover (if they make one)
2) Diesel Kleen (white bottle for winter)
3) an engine blanket or magnetic heater

2005 Toyota Tacoma DC 4x4 4.0L TRD Off-Road
2008 Yamaha Zuma YW 50

2015 GMC 2500 Denali HD 4x4 Duramax/Allison Black on Black
2016 Grand Design Momentum M-Class 350M Toy Hauler
2019 Ranger RB190 Bay
2019 Yamaha UMAX 1
post #13 of 142 (permalink) Old 08-26-2019, 09:18 PM
DuramaxForum Fanatic

Grill cover (winter front) is standard equipment from GM in cold locations.

V10 Cover, 1-piece, covers radiator grille and front bumper openings for diesel engines in winter weather
1 - Requires (L5P) Duramax 6.6L Turbo-Diesel V8 engine and is required on orders with "Ship To" locations within the following states: Maine, New Hampshire, Vermont, Minnesota, North Dakota, South Dakota, Montana, Alaska, Idaho, Wisconsin, Wyoming, Michigan, Colorado and New York -- and all Canada
Dales Super Store likes this.

2018 GMC 2500 L5P CCSB 4x4 Denali - Mineral Metallic; previous '11 LML, '10 LMM and 04.5 LLY
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 142 (permalink) Old 08-26-2019, 09:48 PM

What year trucks is the recall for? Iíve seen this in other posts but no reference to the model years it is for.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rat

-----------
2011 2500 HD Silverado Z71 - LTZ - Imperial Blue Metallic - Crew Cab - Standard Box
Line-X
DiamondBack HD
Banks Monster Exhaust & Intake / AirDog II / CAT Adaptor / AMSOIL Bypass Filter Kit / Titan 57gal Tank
-----------
post #15 of 142 (permalink) Old 08-26-2019, 09:53 PM
LHN...We ARE the Joneses

Send a message via Yahoo to Hook'em_Horns! Send a message via Skype™ to Hook'em_Horns!
L5p
'17-?

2007 LBZ 3500 LT3 DRW Crew Cab, Sulastics, Putnam XDR 15K, B&W 30K-Turnover GN+Companion, Ride-Rite Air...EFI'd by Rob
2008 LMM 3500WT DRW Crew Cab, 8 'Flat/GN, Workforce Alum Toolbox, Ride-Rite Air

Use-ta Haves 2006-6.0 3500 WT DRW ExCab Flatbed, 2005-LLY 3500 LS DRW Crew Cab, 2002-LB7 3500 LS DRW Crew Cab
I Live my life in such a way that when my feet hit the floor in the morning...Satan shudders & says "Oh shit, he's awake!"
post #16 of 142 (permalink) Old 08-26-2019, 10:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hook'em_Horns! View Post
L5p
'17-?

Ah ok. Just the L5Ps. Just making sure it wasnít an LML issue as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rat

-----------
2011 2500 HD Silverado Z71 - LTZ - Imperial Blue Metallic - Crew Cab - Standard Box
Line-X
DiamondBack HD
Banks Monster Exhaust & Intake / AirDog II / CAT Adaptor / AMSOIL Bypass Filter Kit / Titan 57gal Tank
-----------
post #17 of 142 (permalink) Old 08-26-2019, 11:30 PM Thread Starter
DuramaxForum n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by redwngr View Post
Grill cover (winter front) is standard equipment from GM in cold locations.

V10 Cover, 1-piece, covers radiator grille and front bumper openings for diesel engines in winter weather
1 - Requires (L5P) Duramax 6.6L Turbo-Diesel V8 engine and is required on orders with "Ship To" locations within the following states: Maine, New Hampshire, Vermont, Minnesota, North Dakota, South Dakota, Montana, Alaska, Idaho, Wisconsin, Wyoming, Michigan, Colorado and New York -- and all Canada
I do have the cover at least!
post #18 of 142 (permalink) Old 08-27-2019, 07:26 PM

Garage
Today I received a phone call from GM after they received my complaint from the Pennsylvania State Attorney General's Office. I purchased a new 2019 Chevrolet LTZ 3500 Durmax back in June. When I purchased the vehicle, I was not informed of the recall nor was I told that my engine block heater core cord was cut off. My window sticker indicates that my truck is equipped with an engine block heater. After purchase, I learned about the recall and found out my cord had been cut. I filed a complaint with GM and they did nothing. They put the responsibility on the dealership. GM has refused to repurchase the vehicle. Next, I filed a complaint with the Pennsylvania Attorney General's office regarding what I feel is consumer fraud. If a window sticker lists an item, the consumer should be able to assume the vehicle contains that item in working order and if an item is disabled the manufacturer and the dealer should notify the purchaser prior to purchase so they can make an informed decision. In my case, the dealer blames GM and GM blames the dealer.

During my conversation with GM, I asked if all of the owners of trucks with the notation on the window sticker stating the engine block heater has been disabled with a $100.00 credit will be notified of the fix. She advised that those trucks are not part of my complaint. So read between the lines.

Initially, a Senior Advisor told me the fix should be available sometime in October. This was also the time frame provided by the dealership however, today the woman could not give me a time frame of when the fix will be available.

I suggest if you live in PA and you have this same problem or similar that you contact GM and the Pennsylvania Attorney General
post #19 of 142 (permalink) Old 08-28-2019, 04:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitt1991 View Post
Today I received a phone call from GM after they received my complaint from the Pennsylvania State Attorney General's Office. I purchased a new 2019 Chevrolet LTZ 3500 Durmax back in June. When I purchased the vehicle, I was not informed of the recall nor was I told that my engine block heater core cord was cut off. My window sticker indicates that my truck is equipped with an engine block heater. After purchase, I learned about the recall and found out my cord had been cut. I filed a complaint with GM and they did nothing. They put the responsibility on the dealership. GM has refused to repurchase the vehicle. Next, I filed a complaint with the Pennsylvania Attorney General's office regarding what I feel is consumer fraud. If a window sticker lists an item, the consumer should be able to assume the vehicle contains that item in working order and if an item is disabled the manufacturer and the dealer should notify the purchaser prior to purchase so they can make an informed decision. In my case, the dealer blames GM and GM blames the dealer.

During my conversation with GM, I asked if all of the owners of trucks with the notation on the window sticker stating the engine block heater has been disabled with a $100.00 credit will be notified of the fix. She advised that those trucks are not part of my complaint. So read between the lines.

Initially, a Senior Advisor told me the fix should be available sometime in October. This was also the time frame provided by the dealership however, today the woman could not give me a time frame of when the fix will be available.

I suggest if you live in PA and you have this same problem or similar that you contact GM and the Pennsylvania Attorney General
Oh my. I’m in Ohio and could give a crap less. The cord wasn’t cut on mine, but it’s still affected by the recall. Are they not going to fix it? It hasn’t affected my quality of life one bit.
post #20 of 142 (permalink) Old 08-28-2019, 07:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hook'em_Horns! View Post
L5p
'17-?
Does this affect the 20s then too? Reason I ask is because on the new 20s, the truck has a plug molded into the lower valance on the driver's side and the truck comes with a specific cord to fit the plug (looks proprietary).

I haven't found anything anywhere that indicates 20s are part of this, but I haven't seen anything that says they're not either - despite them also having the L5P engine.

2020 GMC Sierra AT4 2500HD - Dark Sky Metallic

Sold - 2018 GMC Sierra Denali 2500HD - Dark Slate Metallic
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode