Block Heater Recall Replacement - Page 9 - Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum
L5P TSB (service bulletins, recalls, updates) Postings of Tech Service info for any New L5P engine issues.

56Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #81 of 142 (permalink) Old 11-11-2019, 04:32 AM

Im in CT, was at the dealer on Saturday - said they have a shipment do in within the next 1-2 weeks, hope thats true.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #82 of 142 (permalink) Old 11-14-2019, 03:10 PM

I had JUST joined the forum and this is the first post I read. Obviously not something that I wanted to read about. Looked at the window sticker for my 2019 and sure enough there's the $100 deduct for the disable. Searched the recall database for my truck and it said there were no open recalls. Talked to the dealer and he said they have not received any parts yet (Nebraska) but when they do I will receive a letter to have it repaired at no cost. No idea though when that might be. On the plus side it won't be a case of giving me a $100 deduct and then charging $300 to repair it.

Kirk Pfeffer
post #83 of 142 (permalink) Old 11-14-2019, 11:22 PM

Was just in today to have my block heater recall done , service guy said they have boxes of cords & heaters for this recall ,all done

2019 Chev Silverado LTZ Crew Cab 3500hd Duramax
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #84 of 142 (permalink) Old 11-18-2019, 07:50 AM

Just had mine done two weeks ago along with the Injector Recalibration.
post #85 of 142 (permalink) Old 11-28-2019, 06:05 PM
DuramaxForum n00b

I'm in Illinois no fix available according to local GMC dealer.

2019 GMC Sierra Denali HD Red Quartz Tint coat
Amp Research folding rear step
Vanish roll up tonneau cover
Mini 0906 Dash cam

All who wander are not lost
post #86 of 142 (permalink) Old 11-28-2019, 07:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spudbudy View Post
I'm in Illinois no fix available according to local GMC dealer.
This is not true as many of us have had ours replaced already. I had mine done 2 weeks ago and I am not far from you in SE WI. Try another dealer.
post #87 of 142 (permalink) Old 11-29-2019, 10:53 AM
DuramaxForum n00b

Just got off the phone with GM. They told me the Block heater recall was first applied to Northern states and Canada. They informed me that when enough parts are available it will be shipped to the Southern states. I wasn't aware that Illinois was considered a Southern state but that being said a fix is on the way, They told me to just wait for the letter in the mail. After all of that they asked about any other issues big mistake. I gave them a laundry list of all the oil and coolant leaks I've had and they are escalating my case and will be in contact with the dealer. So maybe something positive will come of this phone call after all. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Mini 0906 Dash cam

post #88 of 142 (permalink) Old 11-29-2019, 02:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spudbudy View Post
Just got off the phone with GM. They told me the Block heater recall was first applied to Northern states and Canada. They informed me that when enough parts are available it will be shipped to the Southern states. I wasn't aware that Illinois was considered a Southern state
It's not, unless you're a manufacturer desperately trying to cover your @ss because of such a stupid engineering flaw.

2018 GMC Sierra 2500HD, DMAX, CC, 4WD

2" Rough Country Level
Fox Performance 2.0 Shocks
Cooper Discoverer AT3 XLT, 285-75R18
LineX Bedliner
Leer 180 Cap
post #89 of 142 (permalink) Old 12-04-2019, 06:17 PM
DuramaxForum n00b

Dropped off truck @ dealer today checked again on the recall dealer told me mine was marked closed. I'm like WTF they checked it was cut @ 6 miles on odometer. Clearly they have problems with their communications and updates of vehicles records. Waiting for the GM rep to call me back I now have a case number due to all of my other issues with various oil leaks, coolant leaks and cluster light problems.

Mini 0906 Dash cam

post #90 of 142 (permalink) Old 12-08-2019, 08:01 PM
DuramaxForum n00b

Well here we go again! Made an appointment on Monday for Wednesday. Dropped the truck off just after 8am. Dealer told me just going to replace the cluster light, the broken gravel shield and what he called a freeze plug. When I questioned him on it he said it was really a oil passage plug. So they are not changing the upper oil pan as we previously discussed. No heater block recall said it's closed. Won't seem to help on the double charge for the wheels either. Got a call on Saturday afternoon about 1PM. Get this they told my wife the haven't gotten to it yet! WTF 4 days and you just got around to calling us to say we don't have an available rack to fix your truck. The call with the GM REP is going to be interesting to be sure. And to think they were upset when my wife left a poor review about the service and communication. Just wait until I get my turn.

Mini 0906 Dash cam

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode