Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

130K Maintenance

1K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  mray 
#1 ·
So my 2011 is at 130,000 and and I'm looking to do preventative maintenance. Obviously things have been done, however do I change the water pump even though its not causing problems? Do I change the oil pump? It has routine oil changes and fuel filter changes at the lift pump. I'm changing the trans fluid and external filter this weekend. I've replaced 2 of the 8 glow plugs.

Is there anything I should be looking into? I'm going to have the transmission looked at just to make sure its good or do I build it.

Future plans are maybe a drop-in turbo just to get rid of the lag and that's about it.

Thanks

#2 ·
Regarding the water pump....I replaced mine at 150K even though I was having no problems with it. My 2011 gets heavy hauling use at my business and I was replacing all the cooling hoses at 6 years as a preventative maintenance item. Once I found out how big a pain in the ass is was to replace all the hoses I decided to go the extra mile and replace the pump. I was pretty sure knowing my luck the pump would have started leaking the moment I tightened the last hose clamp :)

That truck is at 185K now and other than filter changes, fluid changes, and brakes and front end it has had nothing major done.

#3 ·
I'm right at 130K with my 2007. Currently gearing up for replacement of a good working water pump since I've already removed a bunch of stuff freshening up accessories/belt/idlers (chasing a whining noise). Will be doing radiator hoses too while I'm in there.

Not sure if 2011's needs the transfer case rub kit. That's my next project and I'm already overdue (heard they start destroying themselves at ~120K without the rub kit installed).

No idea abt oil pump. Haven't heard of them needing to be replaced due to time/mileage, but I'm not really up to speed on the care and feeding of the Duramax yet.

#4 ·
I believe that the pump rub was addressed from the factory on the 2008 and newer.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.