Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

3 CEL's glow plug issue

966 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  chanzilla 
#1 ·
I am a newbie on here so I hope this is the right forum and I hope my questions is not a simple search away (I tried). I just bought an 08 lmm and it has a CEL pulling up these three codes-
p0674
p0676
p0678

The place I bought it from said a wire was loose and it is not actually a glow plug issue. Is this something any of you have heard of before? I don't see any loose wires going to the Glow plugs so I am considering changing the glow plugs anyways. The one thing that scares me about pulling them is the horror stories I have read about the tips breaking off.. Does that happen often?

I have never seen a glow plug light come on in the dash either, leaving me to wonder if these two things are connected or if 50 degrees is not cold enough for the glow plugs to even be used?

I am assuming the CEL is not letting the factory remote start work as well?

Thanks Thanks Thanks!

#2 ·
Bump for ya buddy. I'm in the same boat. I do think the factory remote start won't work with a cel. Because mine has stopped since I got the glow plug code.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.