Oil Life - Dealer Service Issue? - Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum
Maintenance Discuss scheduled maintenace, capacities, filter part numbers, etc.

1Likes
  • 1 Post By EmmettTheL5P

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-12-2019, 05:37 PM Thread Starter

Oil Life - Dealer Service Issue?

Maybe the mechanical experts on this forum can shed some light on this issue for me. I took a new 2019 3500HD SRW into the dealer for its first oil change at about 5,800 miles, when the DIC said it was time to do so. 1rst service was on GM and they covered changing oil/oil filter and topping off DEF. The next week following this service, I found a DIC warning stating I needed to put DEF in and poured five gallons into the tank. Well, this seems simply like the dealer did not top off DEF as stated. Here's the concerning issue: 2800 miles on truck after service and DIC states it needs an oil change again... Any advice other than dealer did not change the oil or oil filter as they said they did? Should I be concerned of any mechanical issue?

2nd related question: Does anyone know of a contact at GM who seems to care what it's dealers are doing, or not doing, other than the typical 800 customer service number?

Thanks in advance.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-12-2019, 05:43 PM

Oil Life - Dealer Service Issue?

Thereís a bulletin out on this. Itís a software issue GM says to do an oil change every 7,500 miles, 300 engine hours or once per year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2017 Chevrolet 3500HD (L5P)
CM SK Aluminum flat bed
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-12-2019, 05:43 PM
Duramax Lifetime Supporter

Not sure about the DEF. As for the oil change they may have forgotten to reset it.

Gerry

2015 Chevy Silverado 3500HD SRW CCSB 4X4 LTZ Z71
LML, 6 Spd Allison, 2nd owner and my First diesel ever, B&W Turnoverball Goose Neck,
Pace Edwards BedLocker Tonneau Cover, Sulastic Shackles, Tinted Windows, Hellwig Rear Sway Bar(TheBigWig),
Airlift Ultimate 5000 Airbags with Wireless Air, Fass Titanium 150GPH Lift Pump, AVS Bug/Hood Protector, Autocal, Edge Insight CS2

Soon to get: maybe more tint, Anderson Ultimate 5th Wheel Connection, LED Lightbar or Flood Lights, Train or Air Horn
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-12-2019, 05:46 PM

Someone else posted this here a while back and I saved it to my phone. Canít remember what his username is, but shoutout to whoever originally posted this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
AlisoBob likes this.

2017 Chevrolet 3500HD (L5P)
CM SK Aluminum flat bed
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-12-2019, 06:11 PM Thread Starter

I believe I noticed the oil life monitor was reset however do not recall the exact reading percentage - It was not even in the 90's though. I appreciate the service bulletin information and the knowledge forum members possess and have shared as above. Mike
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old Today, 09:27 AM

Hello, new here and have been searching for this for awhile. Thought mine 2019 2500hd was going through oil monitoring way to quick and this now proves it to my dealer. Just had my oil changed yesterday and in 30 miles of highway driving it went down 1% in just 30 miles. Since I have owned it 1st oil change it said in 1500 miles second was another 1700 miles none of which was hard driving or city driving. So thank you I will now show this to my dealer so they have it which they should have know all along but I get it thy see a lot of vehicles and canít know all.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode