The D-Max 2019 Fuel Filter Shootout!! Pt 1 - Page 16 - Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum
Maintenance Discuss scheduled maintenace, capacities, filter part numbers, etc.

254Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #151 of 323 (permalink) Old 10-18-2019, 11:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eli_harper13 View Post
Hopefully Racor hasn't changed how these are being made and Baldwin is just using someone else?
I am hoping the top of the filter will hopefully shed some light on what it is. Chinese knockoffs ? The Racors are Made in the USA but I have seen pics of some of these Baldwins where it says assembled in the USA. The gold Baldwins were Made in China and I assuming that was because of the Racor patents that are stamped into the top of the filter.

2006 Express 3500 Ext. 4" Turbo Back Exhaust, bye bye kitty and ruffler. EFI Live. Custom made air intake with dry Aem filter. TDK bumper.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #152 of 323 (permalink) Old 10-18-2019, 11:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShopSpecialties View Post
I am hoping the top of the filter will hopefully shed some light on what it is. Chinese knockoffs ? The Racors are Made in the USA but I have seen pics of some of these Baldwins where it says assembled in the USA. The gold Baldwins were Made in China and I assuming that was because of the Racor patents that are stamped into the top of the filter.
Hopefully you're right. I looked over the TP3018 really well before I purchased it from O'reilly's. I am definitely avoiding ordering fuel filters now.

2011 LML Silverado 2500HD CCSB Z71, Leveled, Bagged, AFE DFS780 Lift Pump, B&W Companion.
post #153 of 323 (permalink) Old 10-18-2019, 12:10 PM Thread Starter
DuramaxForum Enthusiast

This will be my last post before the shootout.....but I feel I need to get this out in the open.

The Luberfiner came plastic wrapped, but I thought I could see some debris through the wrapper, which means the debris was in there at manufacturing....

....so I removed the wrapper and this is what I found. Paint flakes.

Lots of paint flakes.

I sent this email to Luberfiner....we'll see what they follow up with. My past dealing with them showed they are very reactive when issues pop up.

BUT...when you consider I've bought two items assembled at Champion Labs,and both were contaminated..... everyone needs to find there own comfort level when considering Champion Labs products. They make a ton of stuff, some under their name, some private labeled.

...... caveat emptor
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #154 of 323 (permalink) Old 10-18-2019, 12:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlisoBob View Post
This will be my last post before the shootout.....but I feel I need to get this out in the open.

The Luberfiner came plastic wrapped, but I thought I could see some debris through the wrapper, which means the debris was in there at manufacturing....

Lots of paint flakes.

I sent this email to Luberfiner....we'll see what they follow up with. My past dealing with them showed they are very reactive when issues pop up.

BUT...when you consider I've bought two items assembled at Champion Labs,and both were contaminated..... everyone needs to find there own comfort level when considering Champion Labs products. They make a ton of stuff, some under their name, some private labeled.

...... caveat emptor
So far, from what we have seen, it understandable that CP4s are going out on people... Fuel filters suck...
AlisoBob and LMLLover like this.

2011 LML Silverado 2500HD CCSB Z71, Leveled, Bagged, AFE DFS780 Lift Pump, B&W Companion.
post #155 of 323 (permalink) Old 10-18-2019, 12:23 PM

I am wondering if that Luberfiner is even made by Champion Labs ? To me it looks like a Chinese knockoff that they slapped their sticker on because I have seen that top of the filter before on some cheap junk.

2006 Express 3500 Ext. 4" Turbo Back Exhaust, bye bye kitty and ruffler. EFI Live. Custom made air intake with dry Aem filter. TDK bumper.
post #156 of 323 (permalink) Old 10-18-2019, 12:23 PM
HWI

Glad my new lift pump filters are coming in today and a new Racor coming on Tuesday. All were purchased from DMax Store, so I have no fear of them being knockoffs, I'm done buying fuel filters from Amazon.
eli_harper13 and LMLLover like this.

06 LBZ CCSB
With some stuff.
post #157 of 323 (permalink) Old 10-18-2019, 12:27 PM
J83
DuramaxForum Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by eli_harper13 View Post
You don't have a lift pump!?
i mean.... its on the list.... but other things had to come first because of reasons.

2015 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD 6.6L LML
post #158 of 323 (permalink) Old 10-18-2019, 12:31 PM
J83
DuramaxForum Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlisoBob View Post

Lots of paint flakes.

...... caveat emptor

im sure your injectors would love to shoot that through them.... The vibe im getting here is id be better off buying a silk handkerchief and running my fuel through that....

2015 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD 6.6L LML
post #159 of 323 (permalink) Old 10-18-2019, 12:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by J83 View Post
The vibe im getting here is id be better off buying a silk handkerchief and running my fuel through that....
I ordered some panties from Lexi Belle.... just for that purpose.

post #160 of 323 (permalink) Old 10-18-2019, 12:54 PM
LHN...We ARE the Joneses

Send a message via Yahoo to Hook'em_Horns! Send a message via Skype™ to Hook'em_Horns!
Used?
LMLLover likes this.

2007 LBZ 3500 LT3 DRW Crew Cab, Sulastics, Putnam XDR 15K, B&W 30K-Turnover GN+Companion, Ride-Rite Air...EFI'd by Rob
2008 LMM 3500WT DRW Crew Cab, 8 'Flat/GN, Workforce Alum Toolbox, Ride-Rite Air

Use-ta Haves 2006-6.0 3500 WT DRW ExCab Flatbed, 2005-LLY 3500 LS DRW Crew Cab, 2002-LB7 3500 LS DRW Crew Cab
I Live my life in such a way that when my feet hit the floor in the morning...Satan shudders & says "Oh shit, he's awake!"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode