FASS Titanium Series Fuel Pressures - Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum
Performance Upgrades Discuss what Intakes,Exhaust,Fuel System,Programmers,Tuners,&Trans. are right for you.

1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-26-2012, 06:43 PM Thread Starter

FASS Titanium Series Fuel Pressures

I have a 2006 duramax LLY with a FASS fuel pump, i have a fuel pressure gauge hooked up and my pressure i get at idle is below 5. It is an autometer. The pressure fluctuates from 5 to barely 1. Is my gauge going?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-26-2012, 10:02 PM Thread Starter

I also just put all new fuel filters on the truck, the one on the engine, and the two on the FASS lift pump. I want to try the 5 gallon bucket trick, but am not sure exactly what it entails. What kind of connections are needed to thread into the fuel pump on both sides? And what fuel line size?
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-27-2012, 07:03 AM
Im Superrrrr!

Send a message via Yahoo to jmaz268
Is it adjustable? Which FASS pump is it?

Goes by John
--2001 ECSB
SDP Big Single, Wehrli Dual Fuelers, 50% sticks, Front Coilover Conversion, Anorexic .....much much more

Sponsored by Creatures of the Night Performance and SDP
--2005 CCLB Dually
The tow pig
Tuned and Edge Insight CTS
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-27-2012, 08:11 AM Thread Starter

I believe it's the 95 titanium.
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-30-2012, 11:30 AM Thread Starter

Still running below 5psi at idle, and then now it's started to go back to 1psi at idle, and 0psi at any kind of throttle.
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-30-2012, 11:54 AM
like a Ninja

how long have you had the pump? id give FASS a call
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-30-2012, 05:35 PM Thread Starter

The pump says it was manufactured June 2011. I will give FASS a call on monday thanks.
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-03-2012, 10:25 AM
DF Sponsors

Try taking the return line off and fitting off of the pump and you will find a spring and ball behind that fitting. Stretch that spring about 1/4 of an inch and see if the pressure is around 8-10 psi and if it fixes the issue I can send out a replacement spring.
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-04-2012, 07:57 PM Thread Starter

I did that and it fixed the pressure, it is around 9 PSI now. Drops to 7-8 under heavy throttle.

youtube.com/ippielb
2006 Chevrolet Silverado 2500hd 6.6l LLY Duramax - NADP Race Transmission - NAPC Built Transfer Case - ATS Trans pan - 3" high flow y-bridge - 3" erg delete tube - AFE Stage 2 intake - AFE 3" hot side intercooler pipe - Snow Performance Methanol Injection - FASS 150gph Titanium Series Pump - EFI Live DSP5 - PPE Race Valve - PPE Fuel Rail Fitting - 3" AFE Ceramic Downpipe - 4" Straight Pipe - BD Exhaust Manifold - BD Stainless Up Pipes - Yukon Grizzly Locker - Mag-Hytec Diff Cover - Cognito Traction Bars - Leveling kit - Zone Upper Control Arms - Air Lift Air Bags - 33" Hankook RT03 - 18" XD Addict Rims - HID's all around LED taillights and mega 3rd brake light - Autometer Fuel Pressure, Boost, and Pyro Gauges
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-21-2020, 06:15 AM
Duramax Forum Supporter

Garage
After 4 days on the New FASS mine has started the dreaded loping, Thinking its actually the FPR valve. It will be at the parts store today so we shall see. Guess I'll need to get me some fancy cab gauges and install them so I can watch pressures. Might just be easier to get a tuner, but Im not a fan of "Tuners" on stock trucks. Its a total struggle since my oldest boy is a Cummings guy, youngest is a Power Stroke guy and I like Duramax. Too each there own though, I help them they help me. All I hear daily is you need to get you a Edge!!
denarli6.6 likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in