Anyone running kennedy LP on lly? - Page 2 - Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum
Performance Upgrades Discuss what Intakes,Exhaust,Fuel System,Programmers,Tuners,&Trans. are right for you.

11Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 50 (permalink) Old 02-23-2019, 10:58 AM
DuramaxForum Enthusiast

I have a lbz, so near the same. I run Kennedy pump. One filter in front of it, and one after. Injector rates are great. But I only have 130k on my truck. Maybe 70k miles or so on this setup.
I recommend more than one filter on a diesel for fuel. Lift pump preferred also, whatever you decide.

Main thing is buy good fuel from bigger higher usage stations, where it doesn't sit around for long

2006 LBZ 2500 CCSB 2WD
EFI LIVE, DSP5, Edge CTS & EGT probe, PPE airbox mod, AFE hotside pipe, PPE manifolds/uppipes, MBRP DP, MBRP 4" side dumped, Sinister coldside pipe, pcv reroute, Beans sump, Kennedy lift pump, dual filters, coolant bypass filtration, Nuc Motorsports Oil Bypass kit, LML 20s & 265/60R20s, tint, LEDS, some chrome
ALABAMA LBZ Build Thread
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 50 (permalink) Old 02-23-2019, 01:52 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlisoBob View Post

With the amount of miles on his truck... other things like wheel bearings , water pump, blown hoses, TX case pump rub, or overheating are far more likely to ruin his road trip than not having a lift pump.

I'll go bumper to bumper on this rig first, and get it all in tip-top shape.
So as of today, it has a new water pump, t stats, hoses and fresh fluids in all places.

05 Silverado 2500HD LT CC 4x4 LLY 280k miles
LBZ mouthpiece. PCV reroute. JK LP. Edge monitor. DP. P/S cooler.
post #13 of 50 (permalink) Old 02-23-2019, 01:55 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAMAWHISTLER View Post
I have a lbz, so near the same. I run Kennedy pump. One filter in front of it, and one after. Injector rates are great. But I only have 130k on my truck. Maybe 70k miles or so on this setup.
I recommend more than one filter on a diesel for fuel. Lift pump preferred also, whatever you decide.

Main thing is buy good fuel from bigger higher usage stations, where it doesn't sit around for long
10-4 thanks

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 50 (permalink) Old 02-23-2019, 02:15 PM
DuramaxForum Veteran

Garage
I was running duel Kennedys on my deleted and tuned LMM, loved them. Two things I liked about them were 1) they are a flow through design so if they failed fuel would still flow. 2) they had a button to manually flow fuel so you could easily prime your fuel filter after changing it without having to use that stock hand pump. They are also very quiet.

2018 3500HD LTZ DRW

My build thread https://www.duramaxforum.com/forum/b...lly-build.html

GM DRW club member #224
post #15 of 50 (permalink) Old 02-23-2019, 02:20 PM Thread Starter

[QUOTE=jwelder3;12124391]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BAMAWHISTLER View Post

Did you buy the complete kit or did you buy the filter heads and filters separately?

post #16 of 50 (permalink) Old 02-23-2019, 02:38 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by hdrolling View Post
I was running duel Kennedys on my deleted and tuned LMM, loved them. Two things I liked about them were 1) they are a flow through design so if they failed fuel would still flow. 2) they had a button to manually flow fuel so you could easily prime your fuel filter after changing it without having to use that stock hand pump. They are also very quiet.
Did you buy everything from Kennedy? Even the filter setup?

post #17 of 50 (permalink) Old 02-23-2019, 03:16 PM
LHN...We ARE the Joneses

Send a message via Yahoo to Hook'em_Horns! Send a message via Skype™ to Hook'em_Horns!
The single JK pump comes with the mounting plate pre-drilled for the twin setup. The easiest thing to do is to use the unused holes in the plate to mount an aux filter head for your FWS filter (BF1212).

With these two added items, your stock filter location becomes your new secondary particulate filter.

Inexpensive LP kit with an added FWS filter, you'll have the positive pressure moving forward, and with the added filter PLUS the positive pressure, you'll greatly extend the life of the under hood filter, requiring less change intervals, and reducing the fuel filtering expense.

2007 LBZ 3500 LT3 DRW Crew Cab, Sulastics, Putnam XDR 15K, B&W 30K-Turnover GN+Companion, Ride-Rite Air...EFI'd by Rob
2008 LMM 3500WT DRW Crew Cab, 8 'Flat/GN, Workforce Alum Toolbox, Ride-Rite Air

Use-ta Haves 2006-6.0 3500 WT DRW ExCab Flatbed, 2005-LLY 3500 LS DRW Crew Cab, 2002-LB7 3500 LS DRW Crew Cab
I Live my life in such a way that when my feet hit the floor in the morning...Satan shudders & says "Oh shit, he's awake!"
post #18 of 50 (permalink) Old 02-23-2019, 03:37 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hook'em_Horns! View Post
The single JK pump comes with the mounting plate pre-drilled for the twin setup. The easiest thing to do is to use the unused holes in the plate to mount an aux filter head for your FWS filter (BF1212).

With these two added items, your stock filter location becomes your new secondary particulate filter.

Inexpensive LP kit with an added FWS filter, you'll have the positive pressure moving forward, and with the added filter PLUS the positive pressure, you'll greatly extend the life of the under hood filter, requiring less change intervals, and reducing the fuel filtering expense.
Yes, I think this is exactly what i want to do. Now, a couple more questions. 1- Does what you described mean two total filters, the FWS (water filter separator?) and the stock filter? 2- can you recommend a FWS that mounts to the single JK bracket? Thanks!

post #19 of 50 (permalink) Old 02-23-2019, 03:43 PM
LHN...We ARE the Joneses

Send a message via Yahoo to Hook'em_Horns! Send a message via Skype™ to Hook'em_Horns!
All of that is in detail, in the PM link I sent you a while ago.

2007 LBZ 3500 LT3 DRW Crew Cab, Sulastics, Putnam XDR 15K, B&W 30K-Turnover GN+Companion, Ride-Rite Air...EFI'd by Rob
2008 LMM 3500WT DRW Crew Cab, 8 'Flat/GN, Workforce Alum Toolbox, Ride-Rite Air

Use-ta Haves 2006-6.0 3500 WT DRW ExCab Flatbed, 2005-LLY 3500 LS DRW Crew Cab, 2002-LB7 3500 LS DRW Crew Cab
I Live my life in such a way that when my feet hit the floor in the morning...Satan shudders & says "Oh shit, he's awake!"
post #20 of 50 (permalink) Old 02-23-2019, 07:20 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hook'em_Horns! View Post
All of that is in detail, in the PM link I sent you a while ago.
Gotcha, thanks!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode