Anyone running kennedy LP on lly? - Page 5 - Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum
Performance Upgrades Discuss what Intakes,Exhaust,Fuel System,Programmers,Tuners,&Trans. are right for you.

11Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #41 of 50 (permalink) Old 02-26-2019, 07:44 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trucklover63 View Post
I used two of these and plumbed them.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Just looked these up. Thanks

05 Silverado 2500HD LT CC 4x4 LLY 280k miles
LBZ mouthpiece. PCV reroute. JK LP. Edge monitor.
P/S cooler.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42 of 50 (permalink) Old 02-26-2019, 08:18 AM
LHN...We ARE the Joneses

Send a message via Yahoo to Hook'em_Horns! Send a message via Skype™ to Hook'em_Horns!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwelder3 View Post
Just looked these up. Thanks
Looks like the Hastings side mount, relabeled for wix.

Most all filter mfr's offer a filter head. Some are top mounts (Baldwin), others are side mounts, and many offered are relabeled from another source.
jwelder3 likes this.

2007 LBZ 3500 LT3 DRW Crew Cab, Sulastics, Putnam XDR 15K, B&W 30K-Turnover GN+Companion, Ride-Rite Air...EFI'd by Rob
2008 LMM 3500WT DRW Crew Cab, 8 'Flat/GN, Workforce Alum Toolbox, Ride-Rite Air

Use-ta Haves 2006-6.0 3500 WT DRW ExCab Flatbed, 2005-LLY 3500 LS DRW Crew Cab, 2002-LB7 3500 LS DRW Crew Cab
I Live my life in such a way that when my feet hit the floor in the morning...Satan shudders & says "Oh shit, he's awake!"
post #43 of 50 (permalink) Old 02-26-2019, 09:39 AM
Duramax Lifetime Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trucklover63 View Post
When I added the dual Kennedy pumps I also put a dual filter/separator immediately after the lift pumps. I also kept the stock filter in place up front. The lift pumps really help if somebody runs your truck empty. I also got the fuel test port gauge. I check every oil change and once the pressure drops enough it's time for a filter change.
You would be better off moving the WS/Filter to be located before the LP. It works better in suction (before the LP emulsifies any water with the fuel) than in pressure.

The second filter works better under pressure so it should be after the LP.

2008 Silverado 2500HD CCSB LTZ Diesel
FASS 95 Lift Pump (with Baldwin filters), Edge Insight CTS Monitor on a Windshield Mount, Nicktane Fuel Filter Adapter w/ CAT 306-9199 UHE tertiary fuel filter, Bilstein 5100 Stock Height, MBRP Downpipe back 4" exhaust with muffler and FTE 30" resonator/muffler, Sinister EGR Delete, Tuned but wont say who did it, Bushwacker Bed Rail Caps, AMP Research Bedstep, Fumoto oil drain valve, Dorman PS Oil cooler, Pioneer AVIC 7200NEX GPS/Stereo, Air Lift LoadLifter 5000 Air Bags.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #44 of 50 (permalink) Old 02-26-2019, 10:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 407driver View Post
You would be better off moving the WS/Filter to be located before the LP. It works better in suction (before the LP emulsifies any water with the fuel) than in pressure.

The second filter works better under pressure so it should be after the LP.
I've been thinking about that for about six months now Agree it is better to suck through the water separator. I do get water out of my separator pushing fuel through it.

2017 Sierra 2500HD Denali Dmax
2011 Silverado 3500HD Dually Dmax
post #45 of 50 (permalink) Old 02-26-2019, 11:07 AM
LHN...We ARE the Joneses

Send a message via Yahoo to Hook'em_Horns! Send a message via Skype™ to Hook'em_Horns!
Quote:
I do get water out of my separator pushing fuel through it.
That will work, it's just more efficient at water removal the other way around.

2007 LBZ 3500 LT3 DRW Crew Cab, Sulastics, Putnam XDR 15K, B&W 30K-Turnover GN+Companion, Ride-Rite Air...EFI'd by Rob
2008 LMM 3500WT DRW Crew Cab, 8 'Flat/GN, Workforce Alum Toolbox, Ride-Rite Air

Use-ta Haves 2006-6.0 3500 WT DRW ExCab Flatbed, 2005-LLY 3500 LS DRW Crew Cab, 2002-LB7 3500 LS DRW Crew Cab
I Live my life in such a way that when my feet hit the floor in the morning...Satan shudders & says "Oh shit, he's awake!"
post #46 of 50 (permalink) Old 06-10-2019, 07:51 PM

I just bought a Kennedy dual lift pump. I have the wiring done, I just need to install the pumps, extra filtration and fuel lines. I checked the wiring on it, and had ohm reading (closed) on the wires to the oil pressure switch when the pickup was off and when I started it the oil pressure switch had an infinitive (open). Is the oil pressure switch suppose to be open when it senses pressure?

The reason that I am installing a lift pump is that when I am towing a heavy load the pick up goes into limp mode with the code for low rail pressure. I was told that when the fuel heats the rubber hose, it will collapse causing the low rail pressure code to come in. A lift pump should eliminate this from happening.

2008 LMM GMC CCSB
EDGE INSIGHT PRO CTS2
post #47 of 50 (permalink) Old 06-10-2019, 10:47 PM
DuramaxForum Fanatic

BUT, if your rubber fuel lines are collapsing a liftpump is only a bandaid.
The fuel lines should really be checked out and replaced if they are bad.

Dan
2007.5 GMC Sierra 3500 SRW L.B. "BLACK" C.C. 4X4 LMM Z71
DIY stock airbox mod, aFe ProGuard 7, OEM drop-in
EFILive ECM ATP - Heavy Tow Tune with Turbo Brake.
EFILive TCM Duramax Tuner
DHD Cold Side High Flow Intake Pipe
DHD PCV Re-Route
AirDog 4G100

2007 Yukon Denail "BLACK" 6.2 gasser
DIY stock AirBox Mod, K&N, Airaid intake, EFILive TCM only tuning
post #48 of 50 (permalink) Old 06-10-2019, 11:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRC67 View Post
I just bought a Kennedy dual lift pump. I have the wiring done, I just need to install the pumps, extra filtration and fuel lines. I checked the wiring on it, and had ohm reading (closed) on the wires to the oil pressure switch when the pickup was off and when I started it the oil pressure switch had an infinitive (open). Is the oil pressure switch suppose to be open when it senses pressure? ...
Yes. I did mine in Oct. '17. I had the very rare bad OPS. Ohm readings were correct (closed when no pressure; open when it senses pressure). But when there was actual voltage applied from the controller (about 11.3v for what it's worth), the OPS stayed closed (conducted) when there was oil pressure. Again, a rare failure, but just my luck.

If you have installation questions or problems, John Kennedy is very good about responding to emails!
DRC67 likes this.

2004.5 Silverado 3500 SRW 4x4, D/A (LLY), Ext. Cab, Long Bed
engineer837 aux rad, TxC CAI, LBZ MP, Scangauge II, Nicktane aux filter head, KD lift pump, 2008 PS pump, 2011 hydroboost, Frederico Swaybars, Rancho 9000XL, Torklift StableLoads, BFG AT/KO2, Lance 835 Camper often in the bed.
post #49 of 50 (permalink) Old 06-11-2019, 01:54 AM
Duramax Lifetime Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRC67 View Post
I just bought a Kennedy dual lift pump. I have the wiring done, I just need to install the pumps, extra filtration and fuel lines. I checked the wiring on it, and had ohm reading (closed) on the wires to the oil pressure switch when the pickup was off and when I started it the oil pressure switch had an infinitive (open). Is the oil pressure switch suppose to be open when it senses pressure?

The reason that I am installing a lift pump is that when I am towing a heavy load the pick up goes into limp mode with the code for low rail pressure. I was told that when the fuel heats the rubber hose, it will collapse causing the low rail pressure code to come in. A lift pump should eliminate this from happening.
The LP will mask the problem. This is the solution, with LP or not:

https://www.duramaxforum.com/forum/d...nder-load.html
DRC67 and LMLLover like this.

2008 Silverado 2500HD CCSB LTZ Diesel
FASS 95 Lift Pump (with Baldwin filters), Edge Insight CTS Monitor on a Windshield Mount, Nicktane Fuel Filter Adapter w/ CAT 306-9199 UHE tertiary fuel filter, Bilstein 5100 Stock Height, MBRP Downpipe back 4" exhaust with muffler and FTE 30" resonator/muffler, Sinister EGR Delete, Tuned but wont say who did it, Bushwacker Bed Rail Caps, AMP Research Bedstep, Fumoto oil drain valve, Dorman PS Oil cooler, Pioneer AVIC 7200NEX GPS/Stereo, Air Lift LoadLifter 5000 Air Bags.
post #50 of 50 (permalink) Old 06-11-2019, 07:54 PM

Thanks for the replies. It only goes it to limp mode while towing a heavy load. If it continues to do it after the lift pump is installed I will check it out further to find out what the problem is.

Sent from my Nexus 9 using Tapatalk

2008 LMM GMC CCSB
EDGE INSIGHT PRO CTS2
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode