Now what? Emissions present build. - Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum
Performance Upgrades Discuss what Intakes,Exhaust,Fuel System,Programmers,Tuners,&Trans. are right for you.

2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-18-2019, 11:37 AM Thread Starter

Now what? Emissions present build.

I purchased my 16í about 2 years ago and have waited while trying to educate myself prior to shelling out thousands and honestly I am glad that I did. I have plotted and schemed every way imaginable to stealth delete and get the performance/longevity/reliability but in the end I never really had the balls or knowledge to pull the trigger to risk the tens of thousands I have invested into this Vehicle. Itís my DD, Tow Pig and main family ride. Ultimately the path I had in my mind is not worth the trouble of the emissions rigmarole, anxiety of the random traffic stop turned impound or heavy unexpected fines or whatever else worst case scenario. So for now I will grab my straw and suck it up.

The question is, and probably for most; Now what?

I am not a drag racer and I donít beat my rides. I pay too much money to trash my sh!t and waste gas money with endless pulls from stop signs. In the end I am seeking MPGís, less DEF and less regens!

For those who are choosing to comply and live within a reasonable budget where do we begin?

Leave it at Intake & EZ-Lynk?
Compound kit? ( Out of the gate already out building my Allison? An additional 5-6k Suncoast build? - Inherently doubling the bill )
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Scherbatsky.jpg (20.6 KB, 89 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-18-2019, 12:25 PM
DuramaxForum Veteran

I'd be very, very surprised if you could fit a twin kit under the hood with all of the emissions b.s. still in place.

I'm sure someone who knows better will correct me, if it can be done.

I'll admit, intact tuning is very enticing. I am just hesitant to try it until someone has ran it reliably for thousands of miles

2018 GMC l5p ccsb stone blue metallic. Mcgaughy's 2" drop shackles. Truxedo tonneau cover. 20% tint. B&W turnover ball hitch. N Fab running boards, Duraflaps, Rhino lined bed

Traded:05 lly ccsb 205k miles, built trans and supporting mods

Traded:09 LMM CCLB Bone stock, fully loaded. 86xxx miles.
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-18-2019, 12:28 PM

Location: we live in a high mountain valley in the hi country of northern arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmcdrwww View Post
Ö...have plotted and schemed every way imaginable to stealth delete and get the performance/longevity/reliability but in the end I never really had the balls or knowledge to pull the trigger to risk the tens of thousands I have invested into this Vehicle...Ö.Now what? I am not a drag racer and I donít beat my rides.signs. In the end I am seeking MPGís, less DEF and less regens! )
===========================================
I "share your pain".....! Bone stock at this moment...awaiting a guy who took my money to order parts for a "complete delete".

Right now my fifty thousand dollar investment is useless to me...stuck in "REDUCED POWER MODE" meaning it can barely move...certainly useless for what I need it for ( pulling trailers). Some in here think EPA may eventually get its way and a national inspection. I signed up for the "complete delete" and paid in advance for the parts, on the assumption that being (at least for now it is) in a no inspection area....

What triggered the "REDUCED ENGINE POWER" is, I am assuming, a stuffed DPF...but I cant see anything on my exhaust system that looks like the DPF's advertised on the "net". I am told it would be about three grand to get a new DPF and a re-set. But then what...how many miles before the damned new DPF shuts me down again?

2013 3500 long bed crew cab. Purchased at approx. 80,000; now have 91,000, convert to CP3 & DPF cut out, cleaned, re-installed. Otherwise bone stock except for air-shocks in rear, together with one leaf removed from spring pack for softer ride. Would never ever think of something as nasty and as anti bunny wabbet as a full-delete...after all..dosnt everyone like the fun & excitement of being stuck by the side of a Interstate in the ran while towing when one's truck's computer decides to go into "limp mode"...?.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-18-2019, 01:07 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noble_dmax View Post
I'd be very, very surprised if you could fit a twin kit under the hood with all of the emissions b.s. still in place.

I'm sure someone who knows better will correct me, if it can be done.

I'll admit, intact tuning is very enticing. I am just hesitant to try it until someone has ran it reliably for thousands of miles
WCFAB has a bolt on twin kit if I am not mistaken.

DMaxTuner also offers one in which they paired with WCFab as well.

From the hints that Kory is throwing down in his social media responses is something great is in the works and about to drop ( unknown timeline ) in a collaboration between them, Banks & ATS. I hope it isn’t just for L5P and up and they don’t leave the rest of us behind. I’m not rebuying a truck! Haha!
Noble_dmax likes this.
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-18-2019, 01:16 PM
DuramaxForum Veteran

Oh really? I wasn't aware of twin kits available for emissions intact trucks. That's pretty damn cool. They must really leave no elbow room in the engine bay lol.

Wehrli and duramax tuner do some cool stuff together. I know they aren't the favorite of a lot of guys on here, but they always treated me right. Also helps that both shops are only about an hour away from me.

2018 GMC l5p ccsb stone blue metallic. Mcgaughy's 2" drop shackles. Truxedo tonneau cover. 20% tint. B&W turnover ball hitch. N Fab running boards, Duraflaps, Rhino lined bed

Traded:05 lly ccsb 205k miles, built trans and supporting mods

Traded:09 LMM CCLB Bone stock, fully loaded. 86xxx miles.
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-18-2019, 02:30 PM

Looks like 37s? Throw some 4.56s in for a start imo.

2015.5 Denali HD Duramax 4x4. 4.56 gears and Detroit tru-track. Duramaxtuner EZ Lynk +110hp. Airdog II 4G. Banks CAI
B]Wheels:[/B] Specialty Forged 22x12 -44.
Tires: 35 x 12.5 Nitto Ridge Grappler.
Suspension: BDS 4.5". Kryptonite UCAs. Fox Accutune built 2.5 DSC shocks (front). 4" Deaver leaf sp. Firestone airbags, Daystar cradle, Sulastics, Fox 3.0 resi internal bypass.
Steering: Kryptonite tie rods. Bilstein SS.
Other stuff: Kelderman Alpha bumper with Rigids Monster Hooks. Warn Zeon 12-S Platinum. Royalty Core. Bushwackers. Decked bed storage.
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-18-2019, 02:57 PM

If you're looking to stay emissions compliant and get the most out of your vehicle your best bet is to get with duramax tuner and see what they can do. I know they put a compound kit on a duramax with emmisions in place with Wehrli as stated previously. They seem to be the only ones that are pushing the envelope on higher HP applications while staying compliant. At the end of the day you are still going to be wasting fuel and not getting the best MPG you can get cause you're still having to deal with regens.
CDmax16 likes this.

2016 LML Denali 2500
Reverse level with Mcgaughy's 2" drop shackle
Bilstein 5100 all-around
22x10 American Force Flux black w machined
Wehrli S300 kit w/ 66mm SXE
Wehrli CP3 conversion 10mm stroker
Profab Manifold & Up-pipes
Stock Trans For Now
Stock Sticks For Now
Air Dog 165 4G
Off-road Only
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-18-2019, 04:17 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by LikeABoss View Post
Looks like 37s? Throw some 4.56s in for a start imo.
Yes, they're 37's. I will look into a re-gearing, thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by denarli6.6 View Post
If you're looking to stay emissions compliant and get the most out of your vehicle your best bet is to get with duramax tuner and see what they can do. I know they put a compound kit on a duramax with emmisions in place with Wehrli as stated previously. They seem to be the only ones that are pushing the envelope on higher HP applications while staying compliant. At the end of the day you are still going to be wasting fuel and not getting the best MPG you can get cause you're still having to deal with regens.
I will shoot out an email to DT and see what is possible, thanks!

It sounds so simple to just want overall efficiency achieved across all levels while keeping compliant. If higher HP is an effect of what is done it just goes in the bonus pile but it's not the main goal of the tuning/modifications.
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-18-2019, 04:26 PM
Duramax Lifetime Supporter

I think you would be happy with emission compliant tuning, probably from Duramaxtuner, and gears. Transmission tuning and a good torque converter would be next.

2016 2500hd Custom Sport, Z71, LTZ
Leveled with Moto 961's and 295/70\18 Ridge Grapplers,Amp steps, Weathertech mats, Extang Encore,S&B dry,
Wehrli intake bridge and AFE IC piping,Edge Insight cts2, AirDog II 165,SDP resonator delete, Mishimoto pcv catch can, MBRP down pipe,Recon led tail lights and third brake light, Morimoto mini D2S 5.0 projectors w/hidís, Morimoto 2stroke 2.0 ledís highs and fogs.
Kryptonite ucaís & tie rod sleeves, CCM diff drop,Fox 2.0 reservoirs, steering stabilizer, CalTracs,
Cognito PISK and heavy duty sway bar links, AirLift bags...
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-18-2019, 08:12 PM
DuramaxForum Fanatic

All tuners that did or do delete tunes still offer very good emissions compliant tuning. Theres very little difference in it. Dt has just been doing only emissions compliant longer since motorops is basically a sister company out of the country that does their delete tunes. They were ahead of the game in that aspect. When all this first started if you called dt for delete tunes they just sold you motorops tuning instead of redirecting you to them.

2012 QCSB/Built 6.8L Cummins/48RE/Gated shifter
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode