Interested in Meth? Look in here - Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum
Propane/Nitrous/Meth Discuss all your propane/nitrous/meth stuff here.

4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 302 (permalink) Old 03-19-2010, 06:37 PM Thread Starter
Vanned this place

Interested in Meth? Look in here

some of you may have seen some of my posts on other forums about meth, but for those that havent here's some good reading for you. And I feel like post ho'in it up tonight

Long term use:
I've been running the Snow stage 3 mpg/max for 100,000 miles now. And it is on/spraying almost all the time.

Before I bought it one of my big concerns was reliability and longevity of my truck.

So, 100K spraying and no known issues/problems from it!
Your results may vary.

Can I run WWS, tap water, or distilled water? How h20/meth effects engine oil:

I know all this info is floating around a 2 or 3 threads, but I wanted to put it all together for easy access, and there was a couple requests to make it a sticky so this maybe will get it

I'm no brain scientist or rocket surgeon. I stumbled on this and wanted to share what I found.

I put a Snow stage 3 MPG/Max h20/meth setup on my 2007 LBZ truck at about 124,000 miles. Shortly after that I did an oil analysis and was shocked by what I saw. High Aluminum, Silicon, Sodium, Potasium and Magnesium. The lab thought I had a coolant leak. But I hadnt noticed any, and with the amount of miles I put on the truck I thought for sure I would have noticed it by then.

After phone calls & emails to Snow, the oil analysis lab, Labonte, and others I decided to change the water source and retest.

The testing went down like this:
for each test the engine oil and filter was changed, oil was ran aprox 5000 miles and a sample was pulled.

The only extra work done to the engine in the entire time was the oil pressure sensor was replaced.

1st test -

I was running any water from any source. Water from home (softened tap water), water from truck stop spickets like those you see at the camper/rv fillup lanes at Flying J (only the safe for drinking ones) and rest area water spickets.

This test resulted in the high levels mentioned above.

2nd test -

Switched to only distilled mineral free water.
This test all the high levels were back down into acceptable areas.
Talked to Snow after this test and they asked if I would switch back to tap water and test again. So I did.

3rd test -
Switched back to tap water.
What do you know, all the mineral levels mentiond above went right back up.
I thought I was done testing. But getting ready to leave out on a trip I thought I had 5 gallons of straight meth but it was empty. I had just changed the oil that day so it was fresh clean oil, and there was a jug of WWS and an oil sample container on the shelf looking at me. So I ran only Peak brand WWS for about 5000 miles and pulled another sample.

4th test -
Peak WWS resulted in high mineral levels (again) and high cooper and lead. So again I thought I was done testing, but now I needed to see if the copper and lead were from the wws or an engine problem.

So,
5th test -
Ran only distilled water with the meth for about 5000 miles and pulled a sample. the mineral levels and the copper and lead went down.

So, I'm not going to run anything but distilled water with the meth.
Attached are the reports.

(ok reports didnt attach, I'll get on that)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy Clarkson View Post
Some say he was conceived in a cargo van
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 302 (permalink) Old 03-19-2010, 07:36 PM

I thank you for the good info! I am thinking about doing the WM in a bit. So how did your MPG change? Any power differences?

VEHICLE: 2007 Chevy 2500HD Classic, Southern Comfort Edition ( Black & Red ), Duramax LBZ,
Amsoil all around filtered by an Amsoil Bypass Filter, Pure Flow Trans Filter.
EGR Blocked & Resonator Capped, Rare Parts HD Tie Rods, Steel Braided Brake Lines,
Protected By Viper and other stuff, Banks 6 Gun + IQ + Speed Brake, Billet high flow pickup sucking outta a Titian 52,
Banks Boost Tube, Banks CAI. Shift kit, Mag-Hytec pans, Diamond Eye DP, BD Manifold
post #3 of 302 (permalink) Old 03-19-2010, 07:44 PM Thread Starter
Vanned this place

Truck dynoed at huckstorfs at 360hp on the stock tune and 462/930 with stock tune and water/meth.
Dyno sheet is floating around the other forums and on Snows web site, its the 07 chevy dmax they have posted.
Picked up a solid 2-3 mpgs.

http://www.snowperformance.net/dyno_...=diesel&dck=20
Canigetanamen likes this.

Quote:

Last edited by TheStepChild; 03-20-2010 at 04:12 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 302 (permalink) Old 03-19-2010, 07:54 PM

Great info. Looking forward to the reports.

2 Transfer cases claimed by pump rub...
2001 Bowtie 2500HD, 198K, LB7, Extended Cab, Short Bed, 4x4, LS, Leather/Power...bone stock, going for a bazillion miles
post #5 of 302 (permalink) Old 03-20-2010, 04:09 PM Thread Starter
Vanned this place

iirc this is the 2,3,4,and 5th oil analysis
Attached Images
File Type: jpg scan0001.jpg (93.2 KB, 3564 views)

Quote:
post #6 of 302 (permalink) Old 03-21-2010, 02:59 PM
DuramaxForum Veteran

Send a message via Yahoo to Trprowen
Great write up !:rockin

As for gains i am still new to w/m but i have seen gains for pure hwy of 2-3, detroit traffic jam traffic -1-1.5 and towing 2-3... either way mine has been well worth its install plus the fact that it makes the truck feel like a car when it takes off

2007.5 GMC 2500HD Crew Cab DURAMAX

MODS - EGR Blocker Plate, 5" Flo~Pro No Muffler Exhaust, DPF Delete, EFI, DSP5 Switch, TransGo JR. Tuned by Idaho Rob

OIF III VETERAN
US ARMY RETIRED

post #7 of 302 (permalink) Old 03-24-2010, 05:46 AM
Duramax Lifetime Supporter

Anyone have a pic of where they mounted tehir injector nozzels? I think mine are not in teh right spot.

2015 High Country LML
PPEI Tuning
Full EGR delete with up pipe
MBRP down pipe to Flow Pro SS 5"
Air Dog 165 4G
Fass filter delete
AFE intake
PCV re route
Leveled with Cognito uppers
American Force Independence 22x12's
Toyo M/T 33's
2015 VW TDI Jetta
post #8 of 302 (permalink) Old 03-24-2010, 05:55 AM Thread Starter
Vanned this place

Mine are in the intake kinda in front of egr. I can post pic later
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mono08 View Post
Anyone have a pic of where they mounted tehir injector nozzels? I think mine are not in teh right spot.

Quote:
post #9 of 302 (permalink) Old 03-24-2010, 05:58 AM
DuramaxForum Enthusiast

i have a pretty big tune on my truck and still running the stock turbo. turbos maxxed out, would it be safe to run water/meth still?? or will it over spool my turbo? like nitrous does for example... id really like to run water/meth to lower my EGT's. im embaressed to even say where ive had my EGT's at..lol

2005 GMC 2500 LLY Crew cab long bed 4x4..5" diamond eye exhaust and AEM CAI.
post #10 of 302 (permalink) Old 03-24-2010, 06:10 AM
DuramaxForum Veteran

Send a message via Yahoo to Trprowen
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2004duramaxLB7 View Post
i have a pretty big tune on my truck and still running the stock turbo. turbos maxxed out, would it be safe to run water/meth still?? or will it over spool my turbo? like nitrous does for example... id really like to run water/meth to lower my EGT's. im embaressed to even say where ive had my EGT's at..lol
You can run water meth injection still , BUT i cant answer the first half of your question , i CAN answer the EGTs , ID get it and run straight water it wont add HP BUT it will lower your egts ! so if for anything itll help lower your egts

2007.5 GMC 2500HD Crew Cab DURAMAX

MODS - EGR Blocker Plate, 5" Flo~Pro No Muffler Exhaust, DPF Delete, EFI, DSP5 Switch, TransGo JR. Tuned by Idaho Rob

OIF III VETERAN
US ARMY RETIRED

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode